I'll stay

Would you be mine?

"Explain!" Seulgi said sternly,her face was calm yet you can sense a different kind of aura that is surrounding her. Maybe it's the reason why Irene and Wendy starting to avoid her gaze and look somewhere else but Seulgi.

Seulgi crossses her arms,her back leaning on the couch. Her foot started tapping the floor impatiently as she waited for the two to talk and tell her what's really going on. It's became suspicious in her part that the two became this close (or that was she notice) when infact Wendy is so distant to Irene before. She needs an explanation this instant.

Wendy was the first one to break the silence by clearing which gets both Irene and Seulgi's attention.

"You know,I don't quiet understand why this became awkward all of a sudden? But you know,Seul It was just a simple things that both I and Irene can handle and that you don't need to worry anymore about it"Wendy blabbered,her hands flinging infront as she continue explaining those words. But Seulgi only raised an eyebrow at her.

"Wendy,we became friends for almost 7 years and you know that I know when you say "there's nothing to worry"it means the opposite" Seulgi deadpanned

Wendy's face twitch a little by that,failing to convinced Seulgi with her invented lies. She tried to defend herself for the second time but Irene suddenly cut her off.

"Stop with the lies Wendy"Irene uttered as she give Wendy a side glance

"What?"

"I don't know why you should lie about this things? Are you afraid that Seulgi will get worried about you?Because honestly you're just making everything get's worst!" Irene's voice were started to rise and became loud yet she manage to calm herself down. Both Wendy and Seulgi was surprise by the latter's gesture that they only remained on their spot looking at the latter with wide eyes.

"I thougth about this for the whole night. I was guilty about the accident that happened to you. Because of me,you almost died. That's why I wanted to do this. Not because the doctor told me but because of my own will. I want to help you to fully recover. I'll do everything for you now. So just let me do it. Let me stay here with you" 

Wendy was left speechless. As she heard those words from Irene,she feels the sincerity of it,and it warm her heart,she feels touch. After almost 2 years of being in prison in the middle of cold and dark jail of hurt,pain,longing and sadness,she felt important again. That someone was concern of her and this someone wanted to do everything just for her.

"I..."she wanted to say something but it feels that her tongue has been tied up inside and that she can't formed a proper word to say.

"Okaaaayyy..."Seulgi's loud voice interrupted both of them. In unison,they snap their head to the other girl across them who was giving them this suspicious gaze again.

"I still don't get what's really happening. Is anyone of you wanted to inform me?"she complained with a pout. 

Seeing the sudden mood swing of her bestfriend,Wendy simply smile. It's starting to confuse her how this mature girl turned into a cute little pouting girl all of a sudden. Maybe it's in their nature. She thought to herself. 

"I'll explain it to her"Irene volunteered and Wendy only nodded at her

"First,I wanted to apologize for making you too much suspicious about this things,Seul. We didn't mean it. It just that Wendy was insisting that I don't need to do this that's why we keep on arguing about it but now I think,she's ok with it?"Irene give Wendy an expectant look which Wendy only answered with a shrug. It's not like she wanted to act rude it just that she don't want to show Irene the weak side of her so she need to maintain this cold aura.

Irene only heave a sigh and stared back at Seulgi"I'm staying here in your apartment until Wendy has fully recover. I need to monitor her condition and report it to her doctor everyday. That's my job now"Irene explained calmly

A complete silence surrounded the whole room as Seulgi only remained on her spot without uttering a single word. Both Irene and Wendy waited for Seulgi's reaction about the confession. Doing so,a loud sound of their heartbeat rang inside their ears while Seulgi only give them a blank expression.

"Hey Seul! You need to say something! The silence is getting creepy,you know!"Wendy,being the impatient as she was,said

Seulgi blink her eyes for the nth times before shaking her head furiously

"Wait what? You mean,your staying here in our apartment,Irene?!" Seulgi asked in clarification,her voice turned high pitch that almost startled and surprise Wendy and Irene

"Y-yes..?"Irene answered unsurely,giving Seulgi a dumb look

"DAEBAK!!!"Seulgi uttered gleefully as she reach to hold Irene's hand between her own which surprises Irene again

"It's my pleasure to let the Bae Irene stay in our apartment!"she said,her eyes glistened in delight. Irene only let out an awkward chuckle while Wendy started rejecting being Seulgi's bestfriend at that moment while mentally face palming herself of her friend's antic.

***

"So,this is your room now. It's Wendy's room but she decided to share a room with me and let you use it instead while your staying here"Seulgi opened the door and walked ahead of Irene dragging Irene's luggage with her. While Irene only followed behind her while her eyes were busy wondering around the room.

The room has one bed with blue colored mattress. A closet,shower room and study table. There were also piles of books orderly settled on the small shelves on top of the study table. The room were ventilated. It's not that fancy yet you can feel comfortable inside.

"I was planning to let you use my room but decided not to" Seulgi's voice take her out of her thought

"Why?"she asked as she slowly take a step towards the bookshelves and let her fingers gently trace the edges of the books.

"It's kinda messy"Seulgi laugh a little. Irene's finger stop mid-way when she finally reach the last book on the shelf. Her lips formed into a smile because of Seulgi's silliness. 

"So..do you have any questions or things to ask about,Irene?"

Irene withdraw her fingers slowly from the books before facing Seulgi with a smile"I think,there's none. Thank's Seul"

"Ok. If you need anything just let me know,I'm in my room with Wendy. Don't be shy to knock"Seulgi added before twisting the knob to open the door and exited the room.

As the door finally closed,Irene slowly walked towards the bed and sit at the edge of it. Her eyes roam around the room again. Heaving a sigh,she decided to let her back fall aimlessly on the soft mattress. Her eyes meet the white ceiling of the room. Heaving another sigh,she decided to close her eyes for awhile. Enjoying the calm and peacefulness of her new surroundings.

***

 

"So?"

"So..?"

"What did she say?"

"Who?"

"Irene"

"Oh. Nothing. I ask her if she want something or any questions but she told me there's none and then thanks me"Seulgi explained as she walks towards her closet.

Wendy only nodded her head before focusing her attention on her book that she's reading again. 

"Wen?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you see my bra?"

"What?"Wendy choke on her own saliva because of the sudden blunt question. "Why are you looking for your bra on me? It's your personal stuff!"Wendy said between flushtered. Sometimes she's doubting if Seulgi is really a grown up girl now or just a five year old kid inside the body of an 18 yrs old highschooler.

"But I only put it here inside but now it's gone!"

"And your suspecting me?"

"I'm just-Wait a minute"Seulgi paused. Her eyes looking directly at her friend.

"What?"Wendy started inching backward when Seulgi walked slowly at her. Nervousness is now invading her body. And she felt shiver run down her nerves when Seulgi hop on the bed and started crawling on her knees towards her direction. Like some predator planning to attack her prey.

Wendy immediately grab the pillow next to her and use it to shield herself from her friend. 

"Stop!"

"Take it off"

"What?"

"Your shirt,take it off"Seulgi commanded

Wendy's face started to turned red like a tomato. What are they doing really? 

Wendy's thought has been interrupted by a cold hands touching her abdomen. Her eyes falls down to followed the source only to finds out that Seulgi was now gripping at the hem of her shirt trying to lift it up.

"Ahhh!"Wendy shouted before holding Seulgi's hand and pushing it away from her shirt but Seulgi only tighten her grip on her shirt and uses her strength to overpower her. They started pulling and pushing Wendy's shirt like their playing a tug of war.

"Take it off Wendy!"

"Aish! Stop being childish Seul!"

"I'm not being childish!"

"You are!"

"...Wendy"

"I'm not! Now take it off! I know your wearing it now!"

"I'm not wearing anything of your stuff okay!"

"Your just lying! Do you remember when you use my orange snapback before when were in the middle school?"

"...Seul"

"But that was before okay!"

"How about my can of pringles that you steal from the fridge without telling me?"

"...uhmmm guys?"

"But you said your not going to eat those because your upset when the lead actor in your favorite drama died and it's ended tragic!"

"Stubborn kid who stole my bra and wears it infront of me!"

"Ughh! Why am I even dealing with your lunatic self now!"

"Guys!" Both Wendy and Seulgi suddenly been disrupted in the middle of their arguing slash exposing the past slash intimate slash embarrasing moment when a loud voice echoed along the room calling both their attention. Their head slowly turns in unison. Once there eyes met the face of the owner of the voice it widen in shock seeing Irene standing infront of the (now)open door of their room and directly looking at them.

"Ahem"Irene cleared "As long as I don't want to disturbed your lovely and intimate moment,I was having a hard time finding the pan and your kitchen utensils in the kitchen but since you look kinda busy I think I'll go find it by my own again instead"Irene said before rushing out of the room wearing a flushtered face.

Both Wendy and Seulgi blink their eyes for a moment. But when they finally realize what was Irene's pertaining to and with their position now-with Seulgi hovering above Wendy while her hands holding Wendy's shirt that was almost lifted up below her chest part-they immediately pushes each other away. Irene might misunderstand.

"Irene wait!"Seulgi jump off the bed and rushes to follow Irene outside the room. While Wendy only shook her head and heave a deep sigh before deciding to follow the two behind.

***

"That's a complete misunderstanding there Irene. I swear it's not like what you think it is" It was the nth time Seulgi tried to convince Irene that she and Wendy was not doing something scandalous inside the room earlier. She even told Irene that Wendy stole her bra and now she's wearing it and she only tried to get back what was her-which received a smack from Wendy and a soft giggle from Irene. 

"Yeah yeah. I'll try to believe with your story but for now why do we focus on filling up our tummy first?"Irene offered as she places down the foods and plate on top of the table.

"Wow! H-how did you prepare all of this?" Seulgi ask in awe as she started munching the food inside .

Irene let out a smile before taking the seat across the two

"So? Let's eat now!"She announced with a smile

The three of them started taking their foods from the serving plate. Seulgi gleefully took a bite of her food and Irene felt satisfied. But when Wendy was the one to take a bite of her own food,Irene suddenly stop her from doing so which confuses both Seulgi and Wendy.

"What?"

Irene shake her head a little

"What do you mean?"

"You can't eat it"

"What? But why? Seulgi can eat it but not me? How rude are you"

"I'm not stopping you to eat it,Seungwan. I'm advising you"

"What are you talking about? And when did you start calling her by her real name?" Seulgi chimed in,her cheeks bulged out because of too much food inside .

Irene was a little bit taken aback realizing that Seulgi is indeed right. Well,she can't help it,it just smoothly slip out of . Something like,it feels normal for her. Heaving a sigh,she manage to bring back her composure and stared at the two again.

"That's not the point here,okay. You can't eat it because it has too many fats and it's not advisable for you. But this"Irene take a spoon of vegetable and pour it on Wendy's plate"It's good for you"she added with a smile

"You mean you want me to eat this for the whole dinner?"

"Yes"

"You've gotta be kidding me"

"I'm not. So better not starve your tummy and eat"As Irene finished her word she started eating her own food like nothing happened. While Wendy give her a look like "Are you really serious about this?" Before staring down to her own plate where you can see too much green on it. It didn't help her heavy feelings when she heard her great good friend snickered beside her. Turning her head,she give Seulgi a threatening glare which Seulgi fight back with a thumbs up and a wider grin before continuing with her foods again.

How can they happily eat like that when there is someone here eating only this green leafy thingy and them eating a delicious slice of barbecue meat? This is unacceptable!

Wendy let out a groaned before stuffing almost all of the green leaf inside in frustration. Doing so,she make sure that her eyes never leave Irene to send her that she's mad right now and things go on her plan when Irene suddenly lifted her head up and glance at her. And when their eyes met,Wendy harshly munch the food inside with her eyes grewing wide in every minute.

Now,I'm mad and it's all your fault

But unluckily,Irene smile only grews wide that dissapointed Wendy too much. This ain't happening. She wanted to send Irene that she's mad at her through her gesture but it only comes out useless.

Can she be this slow?

"I'm glad that your enjoying your meal,Seungwan"

"Stop calling me Seungwan!"Wendy mumbled between full mouth. But to her surprise,Irene suddenly let out a soft giggle before breaking eye contact with her and continuing with her foods again.

Did I made a right decision for letting her stay here?

Arghh. It's starting to frustrate me!

 

****

TBC.

P.S.I'll try to edit this later. But for now,an early apology if you spotted some typos here:'))