Tenth

Would you be mine?

 

Clinking of fork and spoon could be heard at the dinning room. Different delicious cuisine were settled on the long dinning table. Maids were standing at the corner of the room,some were busy serving drinks to the owner of the house. No one did uttering any words. Well,this was the usual routine anyway. Uncomfortable silence always embedded the whole room during this time. And it's annoys Yeri,not because she's not use to this kind of set-up but because she didn't like the idea of eating dinner with her step mom. She want to leave this room asap but her stubborn butler grab her by her forearm and insisted for her to stay while telling her that "It's rude to ignore foods". 

This is so frustrating and annoying,to act like she likes having dinner with this woman. To act like she wanted her to be part of their family. To act like a good step daughter to her. This is not her true self because the real Yeri will eventually blunted out what she feels inside even if it's nice,bad or even sarcastic words. She was conserving a lot of strength to control herself not to do any disrespectful things right now because honestly deep inside she wanted to dispatch this woman infront of her.

 

"Are you not going to eat your food Yeri?" came the soft and gently tone of voice that Yeri hated the most. This woman really enjoy acting as the good one and Yeri always coming out as the devil.

 

Yeri didn't budge,she remained staring at her untouched food. She doesn't want to talked with this woman heck she doesn't even wanted her to be here if it's not because of her dad's request she'll not going to agree with this set-up.

A light shove on her side makes Yeri lift her head up again as she snap her face on her butler who was sitting next to her. Their gaze met up. She raises her eyebrows,a questioning look was all over her face which her butler immediately notice as he simply pointed her lips on the direction of the older woman who was sitting infront of them. Yeri followed it with her gaze only to be meet by the face of the person that she hated the most.

Finally getting what her butler trying to say Yeri cleared before locking her gaze on the woman.

 

"I'm not really hungry" she said.

 

The woman remained silent for a while before she nodded her head and continue eating her food.

 

Yeri heave a sigh as she slowly lean her back on the chair. Holding the fork with her right hand and playing it with her food.

 

The woman immediately take noticed of it so she stop from eating her food and glance at Yeri

 

"Yeri. A proper manners infront of your food is not to play with it. If you don't want to eat it then just leave it there and don't touch it" The woman reprimand although her voice was gentle Yeri knows that she's starting to lose her temper,she just hiding it.

 

Yeri give her look before putting down the fork in not-so-gentle way. The woman look like she's about to reprimand Yeri again by the way her face reacted to Yeri's gesture but Yeri knows she will not do that because she knows that that was Yeri's purpose and knowing about this woman,she's the best when it comes to acting.

 

"Sorry,Aunt Tiffany"she said halfheartedly

 

Tiffany heave a sigh continuing on her foods,slicing it before taking it inside and slowly chewing it in an elegant way earning a silent scoff from the younger.

 

"If your mom was here-"

 

"My mom is out of this" she cut her off as she give the older woman an intense look because of the sudden mentioning of her mother again. Which she usually did when Yeri did something that was out of her taste

 

Tiffany heave a sigh again. She gently placed down the fork she's holding on the side of her plate as she wipe the corner of her lips with the table napkin in an elegant manner before fixing her gaze again infront.

 

"Yeri. You know that I just only wanted to teach you how to behave like a real woman. Your the only heiress of the Kim's Corporation so you need to know all of this as soon as possible" Tiffany explained but Yeri is not buying it as she remained a blank expression on her face

 

Witnessing the intense scene between the two make Winston gulp in fear and nervousness. He feels that something bad will going to happened as the result of this.

 

"Yeri" Tiffany called out softly as she tried to reach for the latter's hands that was settled on the top of the table but Yeri immediately retreated her hands back from the tabletop

 

"Your not my mom" she said in a calmer tone of voice but the intense gaze she's giving unto the older woman was a proof that she's just holding her temper.

 

"Pardon?" 

 

Yeri's grip on the fabric of her short tighten and for a hundred times tonight Winston shiver and gulp the lump in his throat.

 

"Stop acting like you care about me coz I know your not! Your not my mom to tell me what the right things to do and what aren't! Your just a stranger! A stranger who broke my family!" Yeri shouted in anger. Slamming the table napkin on top of the table before storming out of the dinning room.

 

Winston's eyes widen because of his master's behaviour. This is the first time he saw her acted like that. Yeri is a blunt yet she knows how to act cool and calm in different situation but tonight is an exception because she doesn't even control her temper.

 

"Ah.. I'm-I'm sorry Miss for what young lady did..she-she's just tired..yeah..that's it b-but I know she didn't mean it" Winston bowed his head many times to show his sincerity for apologizing for what his master did to the older woman. 

 

Tiffany heave a deep sigh"It's ok. I understand why she reacted that way. I can't blame her" Tiffany said calmly

 

Winston nodded his head

 

"I'll go follow her now. Leave you for a moment,Miss" he said as he bowed his head and rushes outside to follow his master.

 

"Stubborn girl" Tiffany muttered as her hands slowly curled up into a fist and her eyes burning in too much annoyance.

 

 

"Young lady! Young lady wait up!" Winston called out as he fasten his pace to catch up with his master.

 

"What?!"came the annoyed replied from the latter as she finally stop from her track and turn to face her panting butler

 

Winston waited up until his breathing became normal again before straightening his back and fully face his master

 

 

"You need to go back inside"

 

 

"Are you serious?"

 

 

"Yes! Now,don't be so stubborn again and just follow me" say Winston as he reaches for the latters hand but Yeri immediately step back so Winston misses his attempt

 

 

"No!" Yeri sternly replied

 

 

"Young lady~Com'on,don't make it hard for us again. I'm already tired of dealing with your stubborness. Could you please give me a short break and just follow me now?" Winston says weakly before reaching for the latter's hand but misses it again when Yeri take another step backward

 

 

"Young lady!"

 

 

"I told you I'll not going to go back there! I'm so done pretending that my blood didn't boiled in anger and irritation whenever I see that face of her. Can't you see,she's a good actress,acting as an angel but honestly she's the devil one! Why would I continue dealing with that kind of person?! She's good at it! For all this time,she's just wearing a mask, Why can't you all see it?!" 

 

 

"Young lady. Ms.Tiffany is a nice person. You just need to give her a chance"

 

 

"No way! Over my dead body but that will never going to happened!" 

 

 

Winston ruffle his hair in frustration. This girl is really the death of her

 

 

"Why you so stubborn!" He grumbled

 

But Yeri didn't waited any other words from him again as she suddenly turn on her heels before walking to the other side of the street

 

 

"W-wait! Young lady! Where are you going?"

 

"Anywhere better than here!" Yeri shouted back but didn't turn her head to glance at him.

 

Winston ruffled his hair again"Whatever! Do whatever you like!" He yelled,stomping his feet before making his way again inside the house.

 

***

 

Fresh air,cool breeze and quiet surroundings that's what all Yeri need to finally calmed down with her anger. This is way better than acting infront of her devil step mom who was wearing a mask and pretending like an angel infront of everyone.

She's lost of her own thoughts that she didn't even notice that her feet already brought her at the park near the subdivision where her step mom's house located.

She finally stop from her track when she find a vacant seat to sit in infront of the small fountain. Slowly,she leaned her back comfortably on the seat. Her hands gripping at the edge of it for support as she swung her feet back and fort. Heaving a long deep sigh she finally fixes her gaze infront,staring at the water flowing and splashing from the small fountain.

 

 

"Quiet environment,isn't it?" A husky voice called Yeri's attention. She immediately snap her head,looking around to follow it's sources until her eyes finally caught her.

 

A figure sitting at the vacant seat next to her but Yeri couldn't make a clearer view on the person's face because she was sitting at the darkest part of the place. 

 

Yeri look around again only to make sure that the person was indeed talking to her. Recognizing that there were no other people nearby Yeri fixes her gaze again on the figure.

 

 

"Yes...?" She answered unsurely

 

"Your having a problems?" The person suddenly asked. Yeri was a little bit surprised because of the person's casual way of talking to her well infact she was just a stranger to her.

 

"I..."Yeri paused,hesitating to open a topic to the mysterious stranger" Why you say that?" She asked instead

 

Yeri heard her sigh" When your use to be alone. Admiring the quite place and environment you'll learn to be an observant and have a strong senses for something or someone's feeling's or emotions" the person pause" It depends on the way they act,move and sometimes you just need to look at them in the eyes and you immediately knows their mood and feelings"

 

 

"So your observing me since earlier?" 

 

 

"If I answer yes,are you going to think that I'm a creepy stalker checking you out?" came the teasing reply and from Yeri's position she knows that the person has a wide smirk on her face right now.

 

Yeri roll her eyes,crossing her arms on her chest before leaning her back on the seat.

 

 

"Are you flirting with me,right now?" She said,side glancing the person's direction to observe any reaction from the latter but to her surprise the person didn't even budge on it's spot instead a soft chuckled could be heard coming from the person's direction.

 

"It's a little presumptuous of you to assume that I'm doing that way just because I did a good observation of your gesture a minute ago" said the person.

 

Yeri bit on her bottom lips feeling insulted of the person's word

 

"Are you telling me that I'm not that attractive for you?" She blunted. Annoyance was cleared on her tone.

 

It was a complete silence after that. Yeri waited for the person's next word. She was too eager to know for her answer that she was mindlessly gripping the edge of her seat.

 

 

"I think your way more attractive... but your also way too young for me to flirt on" 

 

 

Yeri arches her brows. A scoff of disbelief escape from . No one did turn her off since before but this person really getting into her nerves. How dare her insulted her? For her information,Yeri was one of the school's crush since middle school. She also get a lot of suitors back then. She receive a lot of appreciation for her beauty but this person ruined it in a swift and that really annoys Yeri.

 

"Hey you!"standing up from her seat before pointing her index finger on the person's direction"It's better if you just shut up your mouth!"

 

"I didn't mean to sounds rude,Ms. I'm just being honest"

 

"Shut up! I told you,shut up your mouth. That's way better"she commanded like what she usually do to her butler.

 

The person look likes she did obliged to Yeri's command because after that Yeri didn't even heard any words from her. 

 

Yeri heave a long deep sigh before childishly slumping on the vacant seat again. Annoyance was all over her face.

 

It was a complete silence after that as no one of them dare to uttered a words again. But,Yeri being the impatient one (and since,the awkward silence irritated her so much)she finally give up, slowly turning her head to face the person's direction again.

 

"I'm not mad at you. Sorry for what I did a minute ago" she uttered finally breaking the silence.

 

"It's fine. Don't worry" the person replied

 

Yeri slightly nod her head although the person didn't saw it.

 

"I'm having a little issue with my step mom right now that's why I'm acting like this" Yeri was more surprise to hear those words coming from her own mouth. She doesn't even know why she's opening this personal topic to this stranger.

 

She swiftly snap her head again on the person's direction as she waited for her reaction on her words.

 

"You know, that's normal thing. Disliking someone that was new to the family"the person paused"But you also need to always give it a try to know them better just to prove if your assumption of that person is morally right or wrong"

 

Yeri became quiet for a while. This person look like she has long experience in life just by the way she casually say those kind of words like it was just normal for her.

 

"Be honest with me. How old are you,really?" 

 

The person chuckled a bit before answering her"I'm sure I'm older than you"

 

Yeri rolled her eyes at the teasing reply from the latter.

 

They became silent again for a moment but not until the person suddenly stand from her seat that calls the attention of Yeri as she swiftly snap her head on the person's direction.

 

"Are you leaving already?" Yeri asked as she lifted her head up to the person.

 

"Yes. It's already late. And it's way better for you to get home,too. It's dangerous to stay here alone" 

 

Yeri didn't budge but surely she felt touch for the sudden concern coming from this mysterious stranger.

 

"I'll go now." The person said as she slowly turn to face the other direction but Yeri's words stop her from her track

 

"What's your name?" It sounded desperate and Yeri bit on her lower lips again harshly mentally face palming herself for sounding like a desperate girl right now as she waited for the person to answer her.

 

It lasted for almost a minute before the person turn to face her direction again. And because of the light that coming from the moon Yeri finally got a clearer view of the person's face. Her eyes automatically widen as well as the moment she saw the familiar face infront of her.

The person give her a small smile.

 

"Son Wendy"she said before she finally fully left the place.

 

 

***

 

"Chairman! Chairman!" A man in his full suit suddenly rushes inside the living room of the mansion where a man in his 50's comfortably sitting on the couch with his leg cross,holding a glass of drink on his one hand.

Panting,the man finally come to stop.

 

"Why you shouting,Mark?" The older man says gently as he took a few sip on his drinks

 

"Chairman!"he bowed his head" The young miss is at the entrance making her way here"

 

"What? Are you really serious of that?" The older man adjusted his seat as he fully face the man with a surprised expression on his face.

 

"Yes,chairman"the man answered politely and at the exact moment,a girl in her casual wear entered the room.

 

"Oh my...Seulgi!" The man said as he open his arms to give her daughter a warm welcome hug

 

"Dad" Seulgi say as the older man continued gently patting her back before they finally pulled away

 

"I'm glad you finally here. Did you already change your mind and stay here instead?" The older man say,full of expectation was all over his face.

 

"Sorry dad but that's not the reason why I'm here"she said in a gentle tone of voice,avoiding to hurt her dad's feeling again

 

"Is that it?"

 

"Yes,dad. I'll just get my other art stuff that I left here. I'll going to use it for school."

 

The older man nodded her head in understanding just by then they heard a foot step coming up from the stairs as both of them lifted their head up on it's direction.

 

Seulgi's eyes widen a little after seeing the person's face. The person look's a little bit surprised too because she suddenly stop on her track. They remained staring at each other until Seulgi's dad talked again snapping both of their attention

.

"Joy. Glad you came down. Your sister was here. Come and greet her" her dad said motioning Joy to come closer to them. Joy hesitated for a bit but seeing the wide smile on the older's man face soften her.

 

Joy take few more step until she reaches infront of Seulgi. She paused for a while making sure to have an eye contact with the latter before giving her a hug which only lasted for a second because Seulgi immediately pulled away which really dissapointed Joy.

 

"I'm happy to see you both tonight. If your mom was here surely she was wearing a wider smile on her face right now"their dad said as he give them both a sweetest smile

 

Seulgi slightly nod her head,her eyes focuses on the older man while Joy didn't break eye contact on Seulgi.

 

"I'll go to my room now dad. Let just talk later" Seulgi said

 

"Oh,ok sure" the older man answered before giving her daughter a small smile

 

Seulgi slightly bowed her head before making her way up to her room while the older man and Joy guided her through their gaze until she reach up to her room.

 

For a hundred times now,Joy felt her heart broke again because of the cold treatment she receive from the latter a minute ago. She was trying her best to hide the hurting feelings deep inside her but she couldn't anymore hide the truth that this is way too much for her to handle.

 

Why are you doing this to me,Seul?

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

An update!! Thank's for patiently reading this story lol. And I do hope you enjoy and like it:') See you next update readers!

P.s an apology if some typos occured:)