The painful past

Would you be mine?

 

Seulgi immediately parked her car on the side of the road when she caught a sight of Wendy's motorbike.

Unbuckling her seatbelt before she get off of her car. She slowly approach the motorbike while she searches for her friend around the place. And then after a minute,when her head snap on the direction of the sea not far from where she's standing,her eyes widen in panic when she saw Wendy walking towards the water. She felt a sudden panic inside her and without further ado she immediately run towards her friend.

"Wendy! No!"she shouted,immediately taking her shoes off before diving off towards the water and swam near Wendy,engulfing her from behind to stop her from moving further towards the deep part of the water.

"Let me go! Let me go!" Wendy yelled as she flung her arms to free herself from the latter's hold but Seulgi engulf her body tighter as she started dragging Wendy out of the water back to the shore.

"I said let me go,Seul!" Wendy yelled again

"No! I will not let you end your life here Wendy!" Seulgi yelled back before she succesfully drag Wendy back to the shore

They both ended up dropping on the white sand. Both soak in wet and breathless in too much exhaustion. Both were catching their breath with Wendy almost lying on her back whiler Seulgi sitting next to her with both of her hands on her back supporting her as she throw her head back to catch more fresh air.

"What do you think your doing,huh?"Seulgi's said the moment she finally recover her breathing,her voice was stern and eyes looking at Wendy intensely

"You shouldn't have stop me"Wendy uttered almost in whisper since her breathing is still ragged

Seulgi shifted her position and now she's completely facing Wendy

"For what?"she paused biting on her lips to control her growing anger"Look,I don't want us to argue about this things right now. I don't want to get mad at you again because honestly,I'm tired of it. I'm tired of you for doing this things again and again"she paused as she feels a liquid forming at the corner of her eyes,she tried to prevent it from coming by blinking her eyes a couple of times before continuing with her words"What if I didn't came on time? What if I didn't save your life again? What do you think will happen? You surely die there! "She said,her voices raises in anger. Her trembling hands that was on her lap slowly curl into a fist and gripping on her skirt. She need to bit on her lips again because her tears started to fall down on her cheeks and she wanted to control it as long as she can.

"I didn't ask you to do it. I didn't ask you to save me"Wendy's remarks made Seulgi's feelings burst out of her body and that she almost reach to hold Wendy by her collar,gripping on it and pulled her to face her.

Their eyes met with Seulgi's eyes burning in rage while Wendy was just wearing a stifle look but Seulgi also notice the look of sorrow and pain on her eyes causing her anger to dies down and her grip on the latter's collar slightly loosen.

Seulgi pursed her lips as she kept her eyes staring at her friend before deciding to loosen her grip on Wendy's collar.

"You almost die there,you know that?"she said softly

"I'm tired,Seul"Wendy's voice crack as she started sobbing"I don't know what else to do. I'm already tired of this. Of my life. Of everything. Everytime I close my eyes,all I see is her. Her face,her smile,her soft giggle and laugh whenever I tickles and throw her a joke,the past memories we shared together...and those accident. That ing accident that ended her life. It happened but I didn't even do anything to save her life!"

"I'm the most stupid person in the world. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be alive. I don't deserve this! This second chance. She...she deserve this more than me. She deserve to live and not me!" Wendy said between her sob. She was gripping and pulling her hair out as more liquid flows down her cheeks and soaking the white sand beneath her.

Seulgi closes her eyes as more tears flows down her cheeks,lowering her head to avoid looking at her friend in her vulnerable state.

They stay there in silent with Wendy continue sobbing and Seulgi silently crying on her spot.

Seulgi must be used to it. Wendy was her bestfriend since they were in middle school. She know her better more than anyone else. So whenever Wendy felt sad or upset,Seulgi was the first one to know. It's always breaks her heart whenever she saw Wendy in this state,crying,longing,sadness but all she can do was just stay there by her side and let her cry her heart out until she finally stop.

Wendy is a very secretive person. She's not the type of person who will tell  or share to you what she feels inside her but once she did,she will take it all out for you to know.

Wendy is strong and cool outside but vulnerable and fragile inside.

Seulgi,being one of those who knows the real Wendy knows all of it. That Wendy is not as strong,cool and numb like what others think about her because she has a heart,a feelings and she also feels hurt.

Seulgi choose to shut up but she knows what else to do at that moment to comfort Wendy. Slowly pulling her closer to her before she wrapped her arms around her,engulfing her in a full hug and soothed her. While Wendy bury her face on the fabric of her shirt and continue sobbing. Seulgi waited before she felt Wendy's body relaxed on her arms before she slowly give her back a comforting pat.

"It's been 2 years since she's gone. You don't need to live in this kind of life forever. You need to move on and let go of her memories"Seulgi says softly as she give Wendy's temple a chaste kiss"Your not alone now,Wen. Because I'm always be here and there's Joy and...Irene"

Irene

"Because I wanted to know you better!"

"I don't know why but I feel like I wanted to be friends with you and close to you. So I wanted to know something about you and know you better"

Stop it! Please,don't make this hard for me.

"I told you..there's nothing special about me. So I suggest...stop what you're trying to do because that will be useless. Your just wasting your time on me"

​​​​​"Why you always pushing me away?"

I don't know either. 

Because you remind me of her? I'm not sure of.

"I don't quite understand. I just wanted us to be friends,is that difficult to do?"

No,It's not that difficult. Maybe for the others but not for me.

"Wendy"

"I don't know why you're always telling me that there's nothing special on you. You know,everyone of us were born special,yeah we're different in our own way but that's the whole point,we're all different and that's make us more special."

"I'll not give up. Whatever you say I'll not give up on you. Mark my words Wendy Son Seungwan. You will became my friend,sooner or later whether you like it or not"

Why your doing all of this? Why?

Irene...

"We will always be here behind you,to support you,to give you strength. So please,promise me not to do that things again. Please,Wendy"Seulgi said gently as she continue giving a comforting pat at her back.

Wendy didn't give a reply,instead she snuggle closer to Seulgi and hug her back as she continue sobbing in her arms.

 

***

After the long day they spend along the shore,Seulgi decided to brought Wendy back home so she can take a rest.

They arrived infront of their shared apartment a minute after they leave the shore. Seulgi immediately turn off the engine and unbuckle her seatbelt before snapping her head to look at her friend who was silently sitting next to her.

"Are you sure you ok now?" Seulgi ask in concern

Wendy silently nodded her head to her friend,unbuckling her seatbelt before opening the door and getting off of the car.

Seulgi follow suit but Wendy immediately walk inside without even glancing at her or uttering anymore words. Seulgi just heave a sigh as she followed her friends retreating back with her gaze but the worried look was still visible in her eyes. She's not really convince that everything was fine but she doesn't want to push it to her friend. So she decided to just leave Wendy alone this time. Tommorrow,everything will be back to normal,she's sure of it.

***

Wendy walked straight to her room as she arrived inside their shared apartment before closing and locking the door. As she was inside,she immediately walked towards the table and open the drawer as she pulled out a picture of someone before walking towards her bed and sit on the floor near to it.Her back leaning on it and her knees curling infront of her chest,her hands were settle above it holding the picture on her palm as she stared at it with her sad eyes.

It was a picture of her and the girl she's longing for. They were posing infront of the camera with Soojung's hand settled around her shoulder and her lips touching her cheeks. While Wendy was smiling widely with her hands holding Soojung's waist pulling her closer. It was one of those unforgettable memories they had in the past that Wendy didn't wanted to forget until her last day on earth. 

A faint smile tug at the corner of her lips before a small tears drop from the corner of her eyes down to her cheeks.

 

Wendy wake up in the middle of her nap when she heard a sudden shout coming from the view deck of the school rooftop. Yawning and stretching her arms up,Wendy slowly stand from the corner where she's currently sitting as she walked towards the source of the noise. As she arrived at the corner,she catch a glimpse of someone standing on the view deck,she was back facing her so she couldn't see her face. She suddenly stop from her trance when the person suddenly shouted again.

"YOU KNOW,I'M NOT AS PERFECT AS WHAT YOU ALL THINK OF ME. I'M NOT A GODDESS SO I CAN ALSO COMIT A SIN SOMETIMES! I'M...AISH...FORGET IT! YOU ALL STUPID FOR THINKING I'M THE PUREST...Oh God what am I even talking...aish!"the girl blabbered as she started shaking her head and ruffling her hair.

Wendy need to put her hands infront of to prevent her laughter from coming out because God this girl is the mixture of cute and silly type of person. But unluckily for her, she didn't control it that long because the last thing she knew she was laughing so hard with her hands holding unto her stomach.

The girl suddenly snap her head to face her direction and when she saw Wendy standing there and laughing, and eyes widen in sync.

"S-Seungwan?"

"Hi...Soojung"Wendy manage to say but ended up laughing again as the past event coming back inside her head.

Soojung face flush and burn in too much embarrassment

"Are you in there for too long?" Soojung ask sheepishly,her head slightly lowered while her hair falls down beside her curtaining her red face.

"Yeah"Wendy answered playful

Soojung was fast to react as she suddenly lifted her head to face Wendy again with wide eyes.

"Did you heard something?" she carefully ask

Wendy stared at her for a moment before a mischeveous smirk crept out at the corner of her lips.

"Something?.. You mean,everything?"

"Everything? You mean you heard everything?" Soojung asked in surprise

Wendy nodded her head as she cross her arms infront of her chest,still looking at Soojung playfully

"No way! I..you...aish"Soojung blabbered again to herself as she started pacing back and forth in her spot,muttering something that Wendy couldn't able to hear.

"So tell me..."Wendy started as she slowly walked towards the latter. Oblivious,Soojung just continue with her minstration.

"What sin did Ms. Jung Soojung comit?"Wendy asked as she stop infront of the latter. Their face almost an inch apart.

Soojung suddenly take a step backward the moment she notice how close their faces are but Wendy suddenly grab her by her waist before pulling her closer to her.

Soojung hated it that Wendy was wearing a playful smirk on her face at that moment

"Confessed"Wendy demanded as she look straight into the latters eyes.

"W-what?" Soojung stuttered in nervousness

"The sin that you have committed. Confessed it"

Soojung mouth agape,her lips was moving but she couldn't form any coherent words.

"I.."

"Yes?"Wendy raised an eyebrow as she give Soojung an expectant look for her to continue

Soojung heave a sigh,closing her eyes for a moment before looking back at Wendy

"Please don't laugh at me after you heard my confession. I kinda felt embarrased about it and.."she bit on her lips"I'm afraid for the result of it" she finished,her eyes begging for Wendy to say yes.

Wendy give her a gentle smile which surprises her a bit.

"Promise"she said"So what's the sin about?"

Soojung heave a deep breath,gulping on before looking back at Wendy

"I like someone"she started"I like someone but it's not right"

Wendy give her a question look which Soojung didn't take unnotice so she decided to continue

"I like...no...I fall inlove with a girl"

Wendy didn't know how to react and that the only thing she did was stared at Soojung with forming an 'O'shape

Soojung bit on her bottom lip again"Do you want to know who she is?" she carefully ask

Slowly,Wendy nodded her head

Soojung closed her eyes first for a moment before opening it again and Wendy was a little bit taken aback when she notice how serious yet intense Soojung was looking at her but before Wendy could ever react to that,Soojung's trembling hand slightly makes it's way towards her cheeks,giving it a gentle touch before she suddenly cup it and pull her face closer to her. Wendy's eyes widen in surprise when Soojung's sweet and soft lips touches her own.

It was just actually a peck but enough for Wendy's brain cells to shut down and her body stiffened on her spot.

After a minute,Soojung slowly pulled away but her hands was still cupping Wendy's face. They stared at each other for a moment. But Wendy was still on her shock state.

Soojung give her a shy smile as a tint of pink was now visible on both of her cheeks.

"I like you,Seungwan"

***

"Hi"

"Hi" the two greeted each other with a peck on the lips

"Sorry I'm late,I just need to pick up this cake on the bakery and the heavy traffic didn't really-"Wendy's blabbering immediately been cut off when Soojung suddenly lean in to give her a kiss. The kiss was slow and passionate. It's warm and it's give's comfort. Soojung's hand slowly makes it's way towards the back of Wendy's head,tugging on her hair to pulled her closer and deepened the kiss while Wendy's freehand caresses Soojung's waist as the kiss continue.

But a loud thud suddenly interrupted their make out session. Both of them pulled away from the kiss and snap their head towards the source of the noise.

Both of their eyes widen in surprise the moment they saw the person's face.

​​​​​Wendy immediately releases her hold from Soojung while Soojung did the same

"Unnie!...ahm..wh-what are you doing here?" she asked,smiling to hide her nervousness as she immediately walked towards the woman who was wearing a serious yet suspicious look on her eyes

​​​"I just passby to check on you" Jessica said as she stared back at Soojung then to Wendy,suspiciously

"Oh..R-really? W-well,I'm..I'm fine here..and by the way unnie,this is Wendy,my girl-I mean,my friend"Soojung introduce as she hold Wendy's hand and gently pulling her near to them.

Wendy gulp in nervousness as she give a 90 degree bow to the woman"Nice meeting you,Ms. Jung"she said before straightening her back to face the woman again.

Jessica give her a slight nod before glancing at her sister again"Can we talked for a moment?"

Soojung give her unnie a surprise look but after recomposing herself she slightly nod her head and uttered a soft"Ok"

"We'll be right back,ok? Just wait for me inside"Soojung said as the both of them left Wendy alone in the middle of the hallway.

***

"Soojung! Please. Open the door. Let's talked!" Wendy shouted behind the door of her girlfriend's apartment.

It's been a week since the last meeting with Ms. Jung happened. After the short talked with her sister,Soojung came back to her apartment with teary eyes. Wendy asked her about it but Soojung push her away while telling her"I want to be alone,let's talked later" and Wendy being an understanding girlfriend as she was decided to let her be and leave Soojung alone. She bid a short"goodbye",giving Soojung a gentle kiss on the forehead before slowly making her way out of the apartment.

It's been a week since Soojung started distancing herself from her. She tried to questioned her about it but everytime she did it they always ended up arguing about it..

Wendy didn't know what's the real reason of the sudden changes from her girlfriend. She was desperate to know,she really did but she didn't know how to do it when everytime she tried to approach her she always had an excuse.

"Seungwan please. Go away. Please." Soojung beg from the other door

Wendy notice that her voice what a little bit hoarse and she keep on sniffing and it worried her more. Her girlfriend was crying inside but she was just right her outside without even doing anything to comfort her.

"Please. If you didn't open this door. I don't know what will going to happen to me. Please,Soojung. Open this door and face me"she said between tears,her forehead leaning on the door as more tears flowing down her eyes.

There's few more sniffles inside before Wendy felt the door slightly moving to open. She take a step backward as she waited her girlfriend to come out behind the door.

Wendy's heart clenched in pain the moment she saw Soojung in her miserable state. Eyes were red,an eyebags below it,cheeks were soaking wet because of her tears and hair was in a total mess.

Wendy can't help but to pulled Soojung in a tight hug. The moment there bodies came in touch with each other they both broke into a tears.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for letting you suffer this alone" Wendy said between her cry as she started peppering Soojung's face with gentle kisses before hugging her back

"Jessica unnie wanted me to break up with you. She let me choose. I don't want to choose because your both important to me. I..don't know what to else to do. I..don't want to lose you. I will die if that ever happened"Soojung said as she continue crying between Wendy's arms.

"Shh...no one can ever break us apart. I will not let that to happen"Wendy said as she slowly pulled away from the hug,cupping Soojung face with her hand,her thumb wiping the latter's tears

​​​​​"H-how? Jessica unnie is determined to break us apart."

"Do you love me?"

"Of course"

"Then,can you trust me?" She asked looking directly to her girlfriend's eyes

Soojung pursed her lips before nodding her head"I am and I will always trust you"

Wendy let out a faint smile as she release her other hand from Soojung's face and shifted it to hold her hand instead

"Then go with me. Let's get out of this place. Let's go somewhere else. Somewhere far from here. Far from your Jessica unnie,far from everyone that can break us apart. Are you going with me?" She finished her words as she give Soojung an expectant look

Soojung stared at her for little longer and that Wendy was afraid that Soojung will suddenly back out.

But all of her worries and fears fade away the moment Soojung hold to reach her hand that was cupping her face before giving her a smile.

"Take me with you. I don't care where. As long as your there with me"

***

"What are you thinking?"Wendy whispered softly behind her girlfriend's ears as she put her arms around her and give her a warm backhug. Her face buried on Soojung neck as she snuggle closer to her. While Soojung lean in comfortably to her.

"Nothing"

"You sure?"

"Yeah"she answered softly before turning on her back as she face her girlfriend but without breaking from the hug.

Soojung was a little bit surprised to see Wendy wearing a bothered look in her eyes

"Hey"she said as she reach to touch Wendy's face. Wendy hold her hand that was cupping her face as she lean in to her touch.

"I'm sorry. I just... I can't help not to felt worried"

"Worried? Worried for?"

"This. You. Are you sure you really want to do this? What if,I didn't pass your expectation. What if I didn't sustained all of your needs. What if-" Soojung didn't let Wendy finish her words when she suddenly place her index finger between Wendy's lips.

"I don't care what will going to happen after this. I don't care if you didn't be able to sustain all  of my needs. I don't care about all of those. What I care right now is...you. To be right here with you"she said,flashing her sincere smile causing Wendy to broke into a tears.

"I love you,Soojung"Wendy said as she lean in so that their forehead will touch

"I love more,Seungwan" 

Both of them flashes a smile to each other as more tears falls down from both of their eyes.

But not until a loud siren caught both their attention.

"Seungwan,what was that?"Soojung suddenly asked

"I don't know"

They were both wearing a confused look on their faces as they held each other closer. Not until they saw a bunch of people running towards their direction

"Hey,excuse me"Wendy said trying to get the attention of the man coming towards their way"What is happening?"she asked

"The boat is on fire. It will going to sink any minute!"He said as he immediately ran and left

Both of them snap their head to each other and now wearing a look of horror in their faces

"What is he talking about? Seungwan?"

"We need to get out of here as soon as possible"

"What?"

"Soojung"she said cupping her girlfriend's face between her hands as she look straight into her eyes."You trust me right?"

"Seungwan"

"Please,just answer my question"

"Yes"

"Then,trust me this time. I'll make sure to keep you safe. Everything will be alright. Trust me"she said as she give Soojung a kiss in the forehead"Now take my hand and don't ever let go"she said and both of them followed the others behind.

The time passes quickly and now almost half of the boat were already on fire. All the passengers were all gathered in one place while some were starting to jump into the water to immediately get away from the place

"We need to jump" Soojung give her a glance but Wendy didn't saw any hesitation from her eyes instead she give her a smile and a light squeeze in her hand indicating that she agree with it.

Wendy give her a small smile"On a count of three"she paused"1..2..3 Jump!"the moment Wendy shouted those words both of them immediately jump into the water holding each other hand

"Soojung!" Wendy called once her body landed on the cold water. Because of the impact she accidentally release her hold from Soojung

"Seungwan! Seungwan!" The familiar voice called out for her again,she shifted her head everywhere to find the source.

"Seungwan! Help! Seungwan" 

 

"Where are you?" Wendy shouted back as she continue to roam her eyes around,splashing the water with her hands.Soojung didn't answer back instead she just continued calling Wendy's korean name. 

Feeling determined to find Soojung,Wendy started to swam on the water. Tilting her head on the side to look for her. It didn't help the situation that some people were also on the water blocking her way.It happened for almost more than a minute of searching not until she finally saw her. 

"Soojung!"she called out

Soojung immediately snap her head to look at her

Their eyes met again but Wendy notice something different from her girlfriend's eyes. She was looking at her and wearing a small smile in her face but the sadness in her eyes was also visible. Wendy felt her heart shattered by the sight she has infront of her. She also feels  the tears were starting to form at the corner of her eyes.

"Seungwan" Soojung's soft voice called her name again. Her lips tremble as the tears on her eyes were starting to flow on her pale white cheeks

"I love you..." And that was the last words Wendy heard from the person before a big and strong wave hit her.

"NO!!!"Wendy shouted as she tried to swam near her girlfriend but it's already too late when another wave crashed against her. Because of the impact Wendy left unconcious until her body helplessly sink under the water.

***

Wendy wake up because of the blinding light coming from the white room. Her eyes blink for a couple of times to adjust her vision and when she succesfully did,her friend's worried face greet her.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"How are you feeling?"

"Not that better. My head was still in pain"Wendy said as she reach to clutch her head

"Maybe because of the impact that's why"

Seulgi's words suddenly stop Wendy from clutching on her head before she lifted her head to face her again

"Impact?"

Seulgi knitted her brows,feeling a little bit confuse of her friend's reaction"Yeah..."

​​​​​Wendy became quite for a moment before she suddenly reach to hold Seulgi's hand that was on her lap,surprising the latter.

"Soojung"she said"Seul,where is Soojung?"

Seulgi stared at her friend for a moment,contemplating on how to tell her everything including Soojung's death

"I.."

"Seul! I said,Where is Soojung?!"Wendy's determined look made Seulgi to finally surrender. Slowly,she reach to squeeze Wendy's hand that was holding her own before staring back at her.

"She's...she's in the morgue"she silently confess

Wendy was taken aback by the sudden news. She doesn't know what to do. She was stiff on her spot that the only thing she could do is to stared at her friend in disbelief.

"She's dead-"

Seulgi's word suddenly been cut of by Wendy

"No!Your lying! I saw her. I saw her before I left unconcious. I saw her and she's looking at me"she paused between tears"So whatever your telling me right now is a lie!"

Seulgi give her friend a sympathetic look and was about to reach to wipe her tears when Wendy suddenly push her back causing her to fall a little on the mattress-before she got off of the bed and rushes towards the door.

"Wendy!"

***

Wendy fasten her pace when she reach the corner of the hall. She was still in her hospital dress but she doesn't care because all she care at that moment is Soojung.

She stop from her trance when she caught the signage MORGUE imprinted on the wall next to the door. She feels her knees weakened and she's afraid she will fall any minute. Her trembling hand slowly curled into a fist on her side before she decided to walked inside.

She reach the door a few more second later where she was greeted by the sight of a weeping woman and a man standing beside her patting her back which Wendy soon recognize as Jessica-Soojung's older sister.

She stand there helplessly with her teary eyes bored on the person lying on the cold metal bed with a white cloth on top of her hiding her whole body. Not until,the two suddenly recognize her presence.

"You!"Jessica said sternly as she tried to approach her but the man standing beside her immediately caught her and stop her from coming her way

"You damn ! You killed my sister! Your the reason why she's here. If not because of you she'll not die. It was all your fault! "Jessica shouted in anger as more tears falls down from her eyes"It was all your fault"She added before she suddenly fainted in the man's arms

"Jessica!"the man said before carrying Jessica in her arms and immediately left the area.

While Wendy remained standing there by the door. She couldn't lift her foot to walked near her. She couldn't. She doesn't want to see her cold and lifeless body lying there. She couldn't do it.

No! This was just all a dream. This is not true. Soojung is still alive. This is not true.

With heavy feet she started to step her foot near the cold metal bed until after a minute she was standing infront of it.

"Wendy"she heard Seulgi's low voice calling her but she just ignore it and slowly,she lifted her hand up holding the white cloth with her trembling hand before slowly pulling it off from the person's face.

"No..."she whispered,her lips were trembling because of her tears that now continously falling down her cheeks"No! No! Soojung,no you can't do this to me"she said as she reach to cup Soojung's cold face"No,wake up,please. Please open your eyes and look at me. Please. Soojung please. Don't leave me like this. You promise me,remember? You promise me that you'll never leave me,that wherever I go you will go with me. Now,do what you promise. Don't leave me"she pleaded between her cry 

"Wendy...please stop it. She's dead"Seulgi said softly as she place her hand on her friends shoulder

Wendy didn't utter a word after that instead she lean in and give Soojung a kiss on her forehead before switching it with her own forehead and closed her eyes allowing more tears to fall from it.

"I love you..Soojung"

 

***

Seulgi suddenly stop from her trance when she heard a weeping sound coming from Wendy's room. Her face changes into a worry. She was about to knock on her door but stop when she realized she can't do anything to comfort Wendy by this time. So instead of barging into her friend's room ,she decided to stay outside. Sliding on her back to get a comfortable spot next to door. Her back leaning unto it and her legs and knees curled up infront of her chest as she silently listen to the continous weeping coming from inside.

 

****

Alright,so that was the story behind Wendy's past. I don't know if i did a great work by that but anyways I hope everything make sense now(lol). Another update for you guys,hope you do enjoy and like it;'))

An early apology for some typo...

​​​​​​

 

 

​​​​​​

 

​​​​

​​​​​

​​​​​

​​

​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​

​​​