Please be safe for me

Would you be mine?

Wendy stop the bike the moment they arrived infront of Irene's dorm. As she turn off the engine,she notice that Irene didn't move from her spot and was still clinging unto her. Slowly,she pulled up the visor of her helmet before side glancing the other girl behind her.

"Were already here."she announced

"One more minute"Irene whispered at her back

Wendy raises an eyebrow"What?"

"I...I'm a little bit dizzy because of the ride. Just..one more minute please"she pleaded

Wendy heave a sigh and nodded her head a little.

They stay there in that position with Irene still hugging her from behind while Wendy waited for her silently on her spot.

After a minute,Wendy felt Irene shifted her position. The comforting warmth on her back was now gone. A little dissapointment hit her but she just shrug it off.

"Are you ok now?"she asked as she give Irene a side glance

Irene nodded her head

"Can you stand?"

Again,Irene nodded her head 

"Com'on let me help you"Wendy said as she offered her hands for Irene to take.

Irene didn't hesitated as she immediately grab a hold of Wendy's offering hand as her other hand reach to hold the latter's shoulder for support.

As Irene's feet completely touches the ground,Wendy decided to follow suit until both of them stand face to face with each other.

Wendy slowly took off the helmet that Irene was wearing that surprises Irene a bit. As the helmet already gone from her face,Irene remained stiff on her spot. A complete surprise expression was plastered on her face,it didn't help the situation that her heart was now beating faster than it's normal beating and the close proximity between her and Wendy at that moment. Everything around her looks like they suddenly stop or that what she thought.

As there eyes met,Irene felt the urge to look away before she embarrass herself more infront of Wendy.

"I...I'm getting inside now. Thank's for the ride"she said giving Wendy a quick glance, bowing her head before taking her leave

But Wendy suddenly grab her wrist stopping her from her track. 

Irene need to gathered more strength to prevent herself from squealing and blushing just because of that unfamiliar yet comfortable physical contact. So she decided to bit on her bottom lip,closing her eyes for a moment before opening it again. After doing so,she slowly turn around to face Wendy again but not before making sure to put her poker face on.

"Yes?"

"You forgot this"Wendy said as she swing the small purple bag infront of Irene

Irene mentally facepalmed herself. Just because of thinking too much about this girl named Wendy Son,she even forget about her lunch box. Aish. This is truly embarrassing.

"Oh yeah"she said,snatching the bag from Wendy's hold"Thank's"she added before swiftly turning on her heels and walked away in full embarrrassment.

But before she could fully got inside the dorm,she heard Wendy shouted something to her that increases the embarrassment she felt inside at that moment.

"Next time,don't forget your things Grandma!" She shouted followed by a soft laughter.

 

***

"Are you really sure you want to help?"Seulgi asked the moment Irene suddenly walked inside the main hall and volunteer herself to help them painting the stage.Seulgi was a little bit hesitant,first,because Irene was lack of experience for this,second because she doesn't want to disturb the latter but Irene was determined to help. She nodded her head firmly without breaking eye contact with her.

Seulgi heave a deep sigh."Why are you suddenly decided to help,huh? I'm feeling a little bit suspicious"Seulgi said as she give Irene a suspicious look.

Irene look a little taken aback by the latter's words. But immediately recomposes herself,although Seulgi still notice Irene's bothered aura and her cheeks suddenly turned into a crimson pink.

"N-nothing. I just..thought of helping my friend on her work this time"Lie.A stupid lie. Irene thought to Herself.

It's not like she didn't take it wholeheartedly to help Seulgi today. She wanted really. But the whole truth why she suddenly decided to help the latter it's because she wanted to divert her thoughts on other things. It's crazy that after that night,Wendy was invading her mind every single day. It's frustrating her. She doesn't know why this is all happening right now. Who is Wendy to her? And why does she has that strong effect to Irene? Her smile,Her gaze,and that subtle physical contact that made Irene blush oh so badly.

"Ok"

"What?"

"I'll let you help but promise me you will not tired yourself,ok?"

Irene nodded her head firmly before pulling up the small pale of paint and paint brush in her hand. Giving Seulgi a smile of assurance before she slowly walked towards the corner and started painting the side of the stage.

A smile creep out at the corner of Seulgi's lips witnessing those adorable little gesture coming from Irene. She find it amusing how Irene can possibly be both pretty and cute at the same time.

She was really entertained just by watching Irene doing her own stuff. Gently and carefully painting the side of the stage though it's obvious that she haven't done it before because she sometimes accidentally painted the wrong part. A soft giggle escaped from Seulgi's mouth everytime Irene cutely shakes her head when she made a mistake. It's the cutest thing Seulgi ever saw in her entire life and she'll never complained.

***

It's been a week since Joy decided to join forces with the campus wannabe aka campus Queenbie Lee Hyeri. At first,there's a complete hesitation on her because she find it odd to suddenly making friends with the devil especially since everyone knows she hated Hyeri before but not this time because she saw Hyeri as the only solution for her problem. Hyeri made a promise to her,that once she became part of her group she can get whatever she wanted even those things that are quiet impossible to take. And that it tempted her. Tempted her so badly. Sometimes,she wonder to herself if this is the consequences everyone gets when they were crazy inlove with someone. They even do things that they didn't imagine they will going to do in the future. Betrayal.

She started distancing herself to Irene even with her close friend Solar. She didn't even joined them during lunch and when they accidently cross path,she will just  give Solar a small smile and ignore Irene. She do all of those within those weeks. 

One time,Solar approached her table and bombarded her a questions,something like why are you ignoring us? and why are you not joining us for lunch?. Those question was only answered by a simple Because I don't want to. Solar was glaring at her. Irritation and annoyance was all over her face. Her grip on her knuckles tightened to the point that it turn out white in a moment. But Joy didn't budge,didn't uttered any words again until Hyeri's group arrived,occupying the vacant seat on the table. She raises an eyebroiw to Solar but Solar ignored her and glared back at Joy again. It lasted for almost a minute before she break the contact as she uttered a bitterly Hope you didn't regret this in the future,Joy before she rushes towards the door.

That's the last time Solar talked to her. After that incident she also ignore Joy. When they crosspath on the hallway,Solar immediately fasten her pace dragging the clueless Irene with her. It hurt Joy alot inside,Solar is one of those friends that are closest to her other than Wendy but now she was gone and that's because of one person.

Bae Irene

***

​​​​​​Joy didn't expect Hyeri to brought her here at the main hall of their school. A confusion was hiding behind her calm expression but Hyeri was quite a good senser when she happened to read what's running on her mind at that moment.

"I know your confuse why were here so let me give you a little hint for that"Hyeri started as she,Joy and her other friends stand at the big door of the hall that was left open since the school's staff and other volunteers were busy decorating the main hall.

"There's a big show that will going to happen here in a minute. All I want you to do is not to take your eyes off infront so you'll not miss that show,ok?" Hyeri said,side glancing Joy with a devilish smirk plastered on her red lips.

Joy didn't answered her instead she lazily roamed her eyes around the place.

There were lots of decorations inside. Ribbons with different colors,flowers on each corner of the hall,balloons were all scattered on the middle and near the entrance and there is a big painting of heart shape in the middle of the stage with two hands holding each other in the background.

Joy unknowingly smile. She remember someone did that kind of painting on her bedroom wall before.

But her smile slowly drops down when she catches a glimpse of the familiar person. The person who brought her to do all of this. The person who once broke her heart and now repeating the history and breaking her heart all over again.

Kang Seulgi

The sadness and hurt she feels inside was immediately replaced by jealousy and anger the moment she realize why Seulgi was smiling and giggling from her spot

"Irene"the name came out venomous inside Joy's mouth. The anger was cleared on her voice though she just uttered it in just a whisper someone might shiver in fear once they heard it by how it sounded.

"It's almost time"Hyeri's voice snap her. She give her a glance wearing a questioning look on her face only to be greeted by the latter's signature devilish smirk

"Let's just wait a few more minute"Hyeri added as both of them face again infront.

Joy's brows knitted in curiousity and confusion of those words from the latter.

But her curiousity and confusion came to an answer when she heard Seulgi's voice shouted Irene's name before the scaffolding fell down on the side of the stage.

Joy's eyes and mouth widen in shock withessing those scene that just happened infront of her. After a minute,staff and other volunteer came to the scene bringing a stretcher with them before an unconscious body -that she finally recognized-was immediately lay down on the stretcher and lift up to bring outside the hall

"Wendy"

***

"IRENE!"a loud shout of her name snap Irene from her work but before she could even turn her head to face the source,someone suddenly grab her by her her shoulder swiftly spinning her around ducking her head a little before they both landed on their knees.

She felt a warm yet gentle hands securely and protectively encircles around her petite body before a loud thud echoed along the four corner of the hall.

Tempting to find out what happened,Irene slowly opened her eyes before lifting it up to meet the eyes of the person infront of her.

She froze on her spot when her gaze met the familiar dark-brown orbs looking down unto her. Her gaze was warm yet gentle. Her lips purse into a thin line but Irene notice that it was trembling and a little bit paler for it's normal color.

"Are you...okay?"the person's voice was husky yet a little bit breathless Irene felt uncomfortable of the sound that was getting sharper for a normal breathing.

But despite of those worries,Irene manage to slowly nod her head as a response but she make sure her eyes never leave the person. She wanted to know what happened. Wanted to know why they were both crouching down here and facing each other. Wanted to know why she's here?.

The person let out a faint smile,her eyes threatening to close. She was catching her breath sharply and what gets worst was when her hands that was holding Irene's forearm suddenly slip from her hold causing her to stumble a bit forward but thankfully Irene was there to catch her.

"W-Wendy are you okay?"came the concern question from Irene

Wendy manage to look at her again straight in the eyes. Letting out another faint smile.

"I'm glad...your o-ok"she said,reaching to touch the bridge of Irene's nose,trailing it down before giving it a gentle poke before her eyes finally came to a close and her body lifelessly falls towards Irene.

Because of the sudden impact,Irene slightly stumble backward but immediately regain her balance and seated herself on the floor instead with the unconcious Wendy hovering over her.

"Wendy"she called out softly

"Wen-"Irene's eyes and mouth automatically widen the moment she notice the stain of blood on her left palm. She immediately searches for it's sources. She felt her heart stop from beating and falls out from her body when she realized that the stain of blood in her hand came from the back of Wendy's head that was currently oozing with plump of red blood.

"Oh my God. W-Wendy"Irene slowly re-adjusted their poisition so she could see Wendy's face instead.

"W-Wendy! Wendy wake up! Wendy do you hear me? I said wake up!"Irene's voice was desperate and there's also a tone of panic,concern and worry. She doesn't know what to do but all she could do at that moment is to gently shake Wendy's body while telling her to wake up.

Her tears were continously falling down her cheeks and some of it on Wendy's but she doesn't care because all she care at that moment is Wendy. For Wendy to open her eyes again and tell her that she's fine though that was really impossible to happen. Not when she feels Wendy's breathing became low and weak and her heart beat became inaudible on Irene's ears.

"No! You can't do this to me! Please wake up! Wendy wake up!" She shouted between her tears. 

Her wants and emotions was the one controlling her at that moment because she started to shake Wendy's body more desperate this time,her hands were gently settled on the latter's face.

She felt helpless when she couldn't get any response coming from Wendy. She started to gently tap the latter's cheeks with her hand but the same result happened. There's no response. Until she feels herself being pulled up and Wendy's body was gently place on the stretchers.

Please.

Everthing around her became blurry,the noise,voices and sound became inaudible and uncleared. Her gaze followed Wendy's unconscious body that was laying flat on the stretchers being brought outside. She couldn't contained her emotions,her tears were continuously falling and her breaking heart. It's too much for her to handle.

Please...

Wendy,don't die...

Please,be safe for me...

"Irene"Seulgi's concerned voice was the last thing Irene heard before her vision became black and soon she fainted on Seulgi's arms.

 

***

Ok.Another bitter-sweet chapter.lol. Hope you enjoy this update. Till next time. See ya':))

P.s.apology for some typos