Chapter 09

The Takeout Girl

Ye Jin woke up later when she heard voices coming from her beside. She yawned loudly, Jackson’s voice too loud to sleep through. “She’s awake! Nuna! Can you hear me?” he asked excitedly. She opened her eyes and chuckled. “The entire hospital can hear you.” She replied, making Mr Kim chuckle and Jackson pout. She sat up, Jackson helping her to fix her pillow so that she could sit comfortably. She noticed that they had connected her phone to her charger, her bag hanging from the back of the door. “Thanks for bringing my stuff.” She said, giving the two of them grateful smiles.

 

“How are you feeling?” Mr Kim asked. “A lot better.” she said with a smile. “You're looking a lot better. You finally have some colour in your face.” He said with a relived smile as he squeezed her hand with his. A knock at the door caught their attention, the door opening to reveal Jaebum. “Hey.” He said as he shut the door behind him. He went up to her bedside, giving her a quick hug. “Idiot. Why do you never take care of yourself?” he scolded as Jackson pulled up a chair for him. “Sorry.” She said, trying to give him a cute look. “Don’t be angry, I’m alright.”

 

He huffed loudly. “I swear you're like a kid.” He said as he leant forward and ruffled her hair affectionately. She pouted and smoothed her hair back. “Am not.” She said with a pout. The three of them stayed until the end of the afternoon visiting time. The nurse had dropped by to tell her that as long as she was feeling up to it, she would be free to leave in the morning. They wanted to keep her in for one more night for observation. “I’ll come and pick you up before opening the restaurant.” Mr Kim said. Ye Jin shook her head. “Don’t be silly. I’ll be fine.”

 

“Don’t argue. I’ll be here first thing in the morning.” He said with a warm smile. She smiled back, a lump forming in from his kindness. He had always been very kind to her. He and his wife had been unable to have kids, so they had always doted on her and her sister when they were growing up. Ever since her parents had died, he had become like a father to her, even though she was an adult. She waved to the three of them, thanking them for coming to visit her. She felt a little sad that Jimin hadn’t been able to visit, but she knew that not only was he busy, but the risk of him being recognised was just too high.

 

She pulled out a book from her bag, tucking the book mark away for safe keeping before losing herself in the pages. She barely even noticed as the rest of the day slipped away, the lights coming on automatically. The nurses had done their rounds, checking up on her and changing her IV. She barely looked up when the door opened later that night expecting it to be one of the nurses again. A figure appeared beside her. She looked up and almost screamed in shock. The figure’s face was completely covered by a mask and dark sunglasses, even at the late hour.

 

The figure reached up and removed their cap, the glasses, and the mask to reveal a tired looking Jimin. She smiled brightly, hardly believing that he was actually standing in front of her. “Jimin!” she said happily as he leant down and wrapped his arm around her in a tight hug, her book falling to the floor. “I’ve been so worried about you.” He said quietly, his voice full of worry as he perched on the edge of her bed, pulling her impossibly closer. They stayed in each other’s embrace for several minutes. Both feeling guilty for their own reasons. Eventually they pulled away, Jimin resting his forehead against hers, his hand cupping her cheek. “How are you feeling?” he asked worriedly as this thumb gently her cheek. “I’m much better now that you're here.” She said making him grin at the cheesy line. He pressed a gentle kiss against her lips. “How did you manage to get in here? Visiting hours passed ages ago.” She asked curiously.

 

He grinned. “I had to bribe one of the nurses with an autograph.” He said with a laugh. She snorted. “Using your fame to get your way?” she teased. “If it means I get to see you then it’s worth it.” She smiled, thankful that he was there despite the risk. “Thanks for coming to see me.” He pressed another kiss to . “Of course. I can’t stay too long though, manager hyung doesn’t know where I am and the hyungs can’t cover me for long. I just had to see you.”

 

“Thank you Jimin.” She said as she gave him a quick peck. Jimin's phone started to ring from his pocket and he cursed quietly. “That’s Namjoon hyung. I better get going. When are you getting released?”

 

“Tomorrow.” She replied. “I’ll go visit you at home tomorrow, ok?” he promised. “That sounds good.” His phone rang again. “I need to go. Take care of yourself. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He pressed another quick kiss to her lips before quickly putting on his mask, glasses and cap. He gave her a quick wave before disappearing out into the hallway. She curled up in bed, the smile never leaving her face as her fingers traced her lips where the feeling of Jimin's lips still lingered.

 

 

The next morning, Mr Kim arrived early as promised to take her back home. He got them a taxi and helped her into her apartment, telling her to call him if she needed anything. He had prepared some food for her which he put into the fridge, telling her to heat it up when she got hungry.

 

She spent the rest of the day curled up on the couch watching bad daytime TV and relaxing. She felt a little guilty that other people were having to cover her shifts, but Mr Kim, Jackson, and Jaebum had all warned her to not even think about going into work for the next couple of days. Jimin text her during the day to tell her that he would probably be free after eleven if she was feeling up for a visit. She forced herself into the shower, wanting to be at least slightly presentable when he turned up. After his visit the night before, she had caught sight of her reflection and been embarrassed as hell by her messy hair and makeup less face.

 

She applied a light amount of makeup, just enough to cover up the lingering paleness of her face and changed into fresh pyjamas before he came over. A huge smile lit up her face when the doorbell finally rang. She opened the door and was immediately enveloped in a tight hug. She smiled, inhaling the smell of Jimin's cologne. They went back to the couch, Jimin making sure to cover her with her blanket. “How are you feeling?” he asked as she snuggled up against him. “I’m good. How about you, you look kinda tired.”

 

“I’m ok. Just worried about you.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her, letting them both lie comfortably on the couch. His fingers traced patterns into her arm as she lay against him, the two of them chatting comfortably. After an hour or so, she could feel her eyelids begin to get heavy, but she didn’t want to fall asleep. She wanted to stay awake with Jimin. They didn’t get a lot of chances to be together, and she didn’t want to waste it sleeping.

 

“Honey, if you're tired you should just sleep. You're still not back to one hundred percent.” He said, chuckling at her sleepy expression as she tried to keep herself awake. She shook her head, burrowing in closer to his chest. “I don’t want to sleep yet.” She mumbled. He chuckled and sat up, wrapping her in her blanket before guiding her through to her bedroom. He tucked her into bed, perching on the edge of her bed as he ran his fingers through her hair. “Sleep.” He said gently.

 

She nuzzled against his hand, feeling sleep claw at her. She reached out, her fingers tangling in the material of his shirt. “Stay with me?” she asked, her words slurred with sleep. A blush made its way onto his cheeks at her request but he nodded none the less. He slipped in beside her, thankful that he had chosen to wear sweatpants and not jeans. Yoongi had already said to him before he left that as long as he was back in the dorm before their manager turned up in the morning, there was no problem with him staying with Ye Jin. He sent Yoongi a quick text, promising him that he would be back in time before putting his phone onto her bedside table.

 

They had cuddled on the couch before, but they had never shared a bed before, it made him nervous to be lying with her like this, even though she was practically asleep. She curled up against his side, wrapping her arm over his chest, her head resting on his shoulder. “Thank you.” She mumbled. He pressed a kiss to her forehead. “Sleep well sweetheart.” He whispered.