Chapter 05

The Takeout Girl

A week after Jimin asked her out they finally had the opportunity to have a date. They had agreed to meet at Ye Jin’s apartment as it meant that Jimin wouldn’t need to worry about being recognised. Ye Jin had offered to cook for him, asking him for his favourite dishes.

 

Jimin left the dorm with warnings from the elder members to not get caught and lots of teasing from the younger members. The closer he got to her apartment, the more nervous he became. When he finally arrived outside, he rubbed his sweaty palms against his jeans before pressing the bell. He nervously fixed his hair as he waited. Ye Jin opened the door, a smile already on her face. She was dressed comfortably in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, but Jimin thought that she looked fantastic. “Hey.” She said as she let him into the apartment. “Hey.” He said back, a smile on his face as he toed off his shoes.

 

He nervously handed her a small bag. “I thought we could have these later.” She peeked inside the bag which had a selection of small cupcakes inside. “They're so cute!” she said as she took them through to the kitchen. “It smells amazing in here.” He said as he followed her into the kitchen. “Thanks. Everything’s basically done. I just need to put it all on plates.”

 

“Is there anything I can do to help?” he asked. “Could you grab the plates from that cupboard over there?” she asked as she turned off the burners and the oven. Jimin grabbed the plates and helped her serve the food and take it through to the living room. “You made so much!” he said with a chuckle as they sat down at the small table. “I think I got a little carried away.” She said with a laugh. “I was worried that you wouldn’t like the food so I made lots of different dishes just in case.”

 

He picked up his chopsticks and tried some of the food. “This is seriously amazing!” he said, his eyes open wide in shock. “Really?” she asked, proud that he liked her cooking. He shovelled some more food into his mouth. “This is honestly amazing! I think you're better than Jin hyung… please don’t tell him I said that though.” She snorted. “I won't.”

 

“Where did you learn to cook like this?” he asked as he put some food onto her plate. “My mum. She was a great cook.” Jimin froze, not sure what to say. “Uncle Kim taught me a lot as well when I started working in the restaurant.” She said, a smile on her face, hoping she hadn’t just ruined the atmosphere. “You could totally open your own restaurant.” He said as he resumed eating. They chatted happily as they ate, Jimin constantly praising her cooking skills. She promised to teach him how to cook some simple dishes the next time he came over.

 

Once they had finished eating and had cleaned up, they sat together on the couch to watch a movie. Ye Jin pulled a small blanket from the back of the couch and draped it over their legs. Jimin wrapped his arm around her shoulder, bravely pulling her against him. She smiled at the action, snuggling in against his chest. “This is really nice.” She said after a while. Jimin nodded, “Yeah, it feels so nice to just relax.” He admitted. “Are you sure you're not bored cause were just chilling at home?” she asked worriedly. He pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head. “How could I be bored? I’m spending time with my favourite person.” She looked up at him and chuckled.

 

He leant down and pressed a brief kiss against her lips, his cheeks tinted pink as he pulled back. “Sorry! You just looked so cute, I couldn’t help myself.” He blurted out. She smiled warmly at him, lifting her hand to wrap around his neck and twisting her body around to face him as she pressed her lips against his. Jimin tightened his grip around her shoulders, holding her as close as he could, his other hand reaching around to rest on her waist.

 

Their lips moved slowly against each other’s, enjoying the feeling of their first real kiss. Jimin was the one to deepen the kiss as he nipped on her bottom lip. She opened for him and let him dominate the kiss as she held onto him. When they finally separated, he pressed gentle kisses against her lips as they tried to gain control over their breathing once again. She smiled up at him before snuggling in against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her, his head resting on top of hers, a grin on his face as they resumed watching the movie.

 

When the movie ended, he gently called her name, smiling when he realised that she had fallen asleep against him. He checked the time with a frown, knowing that he had to get back to the dorm. He slowly moved from underneath her, grabbing a pillow to put under her head. He crouched down beside her, taking a few minutes to look at her, marvelling at how pretty she was. He snapped a couple of photos of her, stifling a laugh as he did so. He swithered between waking her up or just letting her sleep. He knew that she often didn’t sleep enough with her two jobs, so he was reluctant to wake her up.

 

He spotted a printer in the corner of the room. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote her a quick note to let her know that he had to leave and that she had been too cute to wake up. He carefully folded the paper into a heart shape and left it on the table for her to find when she woke up. He pressed a lingering kiss against her lips before standing up. He gave her one last glance before leaving her apartment, making sure the door locked behind him.