Chapter 03

The Takeout Girl

Mr Kim laughed as the boys walked through the door of his restaurant. “Back again?” he asked as he cleaned one of the tables for them, pulling over an extra seat. “Yeah, Jimin hyung wants to see Ye Jin again.” Jungkook said, sticking his tongue out at the older man. Jimin blushed. “Shut up, maknae.” He mumbled as he took a seat between Namjoon and Jin. Mr Kim chuckled, “She’s out on a delivery right now, she’ll be back soon.” Jimin's blush intensified as the others all . “Let’s just order, ok?” he said, hiding his face behind his menu.

 

They placed their orders and Jimin's blush finally died down. Ye Jin appeared soon after, dumping the delivery box by the door. “Uncle Kim! I’m never delivering to that karaoke place again! The guys there are creeps!” she whined as she took off her helmet, not noticing Jimin and the others at the back of the restaurant. Mr Kim came out of the kitchen. “Was it that old goat Choi again?” he asked angrily. She nodded. “He’s disgusting! I swear, if he tries to grab my again I’m going to break his hand.” She mumbled. Mr Kim patted her arm gently, “Don’t worry. Next time he calls; I’ll tell him to find another restaurant to order from.”

 

“You can’t do that, he’s a good customer.” She said, feeling a little guilty. Mr Kim scoffed. “Good customer? I’d rather he was a good person! Forget that old goat, take these dumplings over to the corner table, ok?” he said handing her a large plate of dumplings. She turned and almost tripped over her own feet when she noticed who was in the restaurant. Her ears turned red in embarrassment from her outburst, which they had undoubtedly overheard. She took the dumplings to them, a big smile on her face. “Hey.” She said looking around them all, her gaze lingering on Jimin for a few seconds longer than the others.

 

They all greeted her warmly. She perched on the table next to them, excited to have the chance to talk to them. “Have you guys just finished practice?” she asked. The boys all nodded. “You must be starving, it’s so late already.” She said, noting the late hour. “We’ve been practicing since early this afternoon. We’ve been learning a new dance.” Hoseok said cheerfully. “I bet it’s amazing.” She said, already excited for the upcoming performance. Mr Kim appeared at the table with another plate of food, “I hope this big fangirl isn’t bothering you. When she found out you were customers here she wouldn’t shut up.” he said with a chuckle.

 

Ye Jin turned bright red, “Uncle Kim!” she whined, the boys laughing at her. Mr Kim chuckled and went back into the kitchen. Ye Jin hid her face in her hands. “I am so embarrassed.” She mumbled. “So you're our fan?” Jimin asked, a grin on his face. She nodded, moving her hands away from her face. “Who is your bias?” Taehyung asked boldly. She laughed nervously, “That’s a secret.” She said, her gaze landing on Jimin for just a second, but it didn’t go unnoticed by Hoseok. “She looked at Jimin! Jimin is her bias!” he yelled happily, the other boys bursting out laughing once again.

 

She groaned, once again hiding her face, while Jimin looked at her, feeling proud that he was her favourite member. “I’m gonna go get more side dishes!” she blurted out before rushing into the kitchen, the boys laughing loudly at her cute actions and Jimin's smile. “I think she likes you, hyung!” Jungkook teased. Jimin could only smile as he shoved more food into his mouth, hoping that his happiness wasn’t too obvious.

 

Ye Jin hid behind the fridge in the kitchen, her heart racing. She fanned her face, “Calm down, calm down.” She muttered, pulling on her sweatshirt to cool herself down. Mr Kim came out of the large freezer and chuckled at her. “What happened?” he asked, setting down his things. “Nothing.” She said, pressing her palms to her burning cheeks. She peeked out to the restaurant floor, her eyes automatically drawn to Jimin. She smiled when he laughed at something Yoongi said. She still couldn’t believe that he was sitting in her uncle’s restaurant. She had seen his face a million times through her computer and TV screens, and she had managed to attend two BTS concerts, but it was a completely different feeling seeing them just hanging out like normal people. She was thankful that her uncle’s little restaurant had become a safe place for them to hang out.

 

She was pulled out of her musings when Mr Kim nudged her, “Go take out some more side dishes.” He said, handing her a tray of food. She took the tray, determined to not think about how her bias had just been revealed. She didn’t want to come across as a crazy fangirl. She took out the food, putting it out on the table. “Here you go guys, do you need anything else?” she asked, holding the empty tray in front of her. The boys all thanked her for the food and shook their heads. Jimin gave her a small smile which she returned before heading back into the kitchen to help clean up before closing.

 

When the boys finally finished eating, Ye Jin took their payment, a grumpy looking Namjoon handing over his card, the others gloating with their full stomachs, and still full wallets. “If you ever hear us talking about having a rock, scissors, paper contest to decide who pays for food again, please remind me about tonight.” He pleaded making her chuckle. “It’s a deal.” She said, waving to the boys as they headed out one by one. Finally, the only person left was Jimin. He went up to her, feeling a little shy. “Did you read my note?” he asked. She nodded, her whole body tingling with nerves.

 

Jimin rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “Do you think we could exchange numbers? I’d like to get to know you better.” he asked, his cheeks tinted pink, his heart beating at a million miles an hour. She smiled back at him. “Are you sure? I could just be a crazy fangirl.” She said jokingly. “I think it’s worth the risk.” He said making her laugh. She took his phone and entered her number. He immediately called her so that she had his number as well. The grinned at each other before loud whooping and cheering sounded from outside the restaurant. The other boys were pressed up against the glass, shouting their approval and cheering loudly at the blushing couple inside.

 

“Sorry about them.” Jimin said apologetically, his face bright red. “It’s ok.” She said with a chuckle as Jungkook and Jin made kissy faces at them through the glass. “I better get going, I’ll message you soon, ok?” he said, slipping his phone back into his pocket. She nodded. “I’ll be waiting.”