When

You

“Se-Sehun?” She slowly sat up as to wake Baekhyun. She set down her phone and squinted at the time; 4:34 A.M.

            “Can we talk?” He asked. “In person. It’s important.”

            “I-I…”

            “Please, Love?”

            “I don’t think you have the right to call me that anymore…” she bit her lip.

            “I’m sorry… just meet me at the café, okay?” He sighed and hung up the phone.

            Eunbi looked down at Baekhyun before slipping out of bed and out the door. As she closed the door, someone else was also coming out from his room.

            “Oh, you were sleeping with him?” Sehun shuffled his feet around.

            “He’s hurt pretty badly, Sehun. He’s so hurt physically and emotionally.” Eunbi answered. “Let’s just go, I don’t want to be out this late or early.”

            They arrived at the café and took their seat at the same table; they went to that winter day of finals. Sehun quickly ordered some drinks and arrived back to an awkward silence as they took small sips of their drinks.

            Eunbi cleared . “So… what’s so important that you had to drag me out of bed at four in the morning?”

            “Oh yeah, right…” Sehun spoke into his coffee cup and set it down gently. “I don’t know how to explain this, but I missed you.”

            “You really didn’t show it,” Eunbi rolled her eyes.

            “I know and I’m sorry. I was just caught up in so many things that I didn’t have the time and-”

            “The time? It seemed like you had all the time to sleep,” Eunbi scoffed. “I don’t understand why you wouldn’t let me help you if you were going through so much.”

            “Because I didn’t want you get involved in my personal problems.”

            “So I wasn’t important enough to help you with your personal problems?”

            “That’s not what I meant. It’s just we haven’t been together for so long that I didn’t want to burden you.”

            “Burden me now, Oh Sehun. You made me feel like I was a burden to you and you’re becoming a burden to me!” Eunbi wiped away a couple tears. “I know myself Sehun. I know that you needed help, but you wouldn’t let me help. I know that when I started dating you, I didn’t want to date anyone else. We’re into our twenties now and I know that I don’t want to date just for fun. I want to find someone who will be the one. I know when I kissed Baekhyun, I only thought of him because you weren’t fully in the picture anymore. And yet, I still hoped you would come back and look for me. I know that if we were to ever part, it would be you to break it off.”

            “That’s not true, Eunbi. We would only break when you got tired of me and you kissed Baekhyun? So you were cheating on me?”

            “No.”

            “I can’t believe that you actually kissed!”

            “Why are you getting mad at me when you have been ignoring me for almost two months and not even saying anything to me?”

            “Kwon Eunbi!” He yelled causing the barista to jump and slip into the back of the shop. “No, the fact you kissed that boy- You know what never mind, I just want to get back together.”

            Eunbi scoffed. “Not with that attitude. Why don’t you go back with that girl who was with you yesterday?”

            “Irene? You think I have a thing with her?”

            “Seems like I can’t make assumptions either unlike someone…”

            “You’re so-”

            The door to the café rattled violently due to the force of how harshly the door was pushed opened.

            “Eun-ah,” Baekhyun was running out of breath.

            “Baekhyun, what- how… You shouldn’t be out walking with your injury like that.” Eunbi stood from her chair and cupped Baekhyun’s cheek. He wore sunglasses, although it was pretty dark outside, to hide his black eye.

            “Never mind about that… have you’ve been crying?” Baekhyun rubbed her puffy eyes with his thumb and looked over to the side to see Sehun sitting in his seat huffing out his chest. “Let’s go.”

            “Where are you going? I haven’t finished talking,” Sehun said standing up.

            “I think we’re done talking,” Eunbi said and walked out of the café with Baekhyun.

Sehun: Eunbi, please pick up my phone calls

Sehun: Or text me back

Sehun: Please?

Sehun: I’m sorry

Sehun: I’m so sorry

Sehun: I’m really, really sorry

Sehun: Please just come back

Sehun: I don’t care anymore what you did. I know you can never forget what I did to you. I just want you.

Sehun: I need you because I love you, Eunbi!

Sehun: I know you are mad, but I can’t stop thinking about you

Sehun: Just talk to me. I won’t get mad and I will listen

Sehun: And I want you to listen to me too

Sehun: I love you…

Sehun: I miss you…

 

            “So are you all packed?” Baekhyun asked.

            “Yeah, why would I show up at your room with all my stuff if I wasn’t?” Eunbi laughed.

            “Well, you never know. We’ll be in Bucheon for maybe a day and Yanggu for a week so I want to make sure that you have everything. If not, I can always take you out shopping or something.” Baekhyun chuckled. “Let’s go put these in the car and started heading out.”

            Baekhyun took a hold of his own luggage and Eunbi’s and scooted out the door towards the exit.  Eunbi stopped and looked at Sehun’s door.

            “Wait, Baekhyun-ah, I forgot my charger in your room,” Eunbi called out to Baekhyun who was half way out the door.

            “Oh, I’ll get it for you,” Baekhyun said coming back in.

            “No, I can get it, you go settle the things in the car first,” Eunbi said.

            “Sure, sure,” he said, he unhooked his room key from his car keys and tossed it to Eunbi. “Or maybe, it might be unlocked… I don’t remember locking it.”

            Eunbi stopped in front of Sehun’s door and slipped the ring off her finger and placed in back in the black box, she received it in and left it in front of his door.

            “Got it?” Baekhyun shut the trunk of his Kia.

            “Yeah,” Eunbi smiled and hopped in the front seat.

            Baekhyun came up to the driver seat and started up the car. He took a bit of time to plug his phone into the aux cord and played some heartwarming songs.

            His sweet singing voice flowed into through Eunbi’s ears and to her heart as he drove off into the busy streets of Seoul. “I know, even if you act like it’s nothing that you’re waiting and that I can’t do anything about the sadness in your eyes…”

            Eunbi looked over at Baekhyun, who was focused on the road. “No, its fine, I’ll listen. If it helps you feel better. I’m not your man, but keep an eye on me. I’m not the one that’s yours, even if I can’t hold you; I’m a man with a sturdy back who can take you home. I’ll take you home, just lean on me.”

            Baekhyun slowed down at a stoplight and continued to sing as he looked over at Eunbi who continued to stare at Baekhyun. He smiled and drove off onto the highway as the light turned green.

            “…I’m so real. This world is littered with me. But out of all of them, why…Why do you like me, baby? Giving me up would be the best…” The couple slowly took glances at each other at the chorus of the new chorus.

            Baekhyun cleared his throat. “Ehem, sorry shuffle isn’t too on point today. But Owol will always be an inspiration to how savage he is. But it’s okay though since Bucheon isn’t too far from us.” He picked up his phone, despite driving, and skipped the song.

            Baekhyun was correct; they arrived in Bucheon in no time. He parked in the driveway of his family home. The plan for the day was they were going to visit his family home and then with his parents, they were all going to go to Yanggu to his grandmothers’.

            He took out his keys and opened up the doors. “Mom, Dad, I’m home!”

            “Oh, my sweet boy~” Mrs. Byun came out from the kitchen to greet her son. She held out her arms, embracing her son. “Oh my… what happened to your eye?”

            She ran a finger over the bruising of Baekhyun’s eye. “Baekhyun, how can you walk out in the open with this?”

            “Eh, it’s nothing. The boys and I went out to play soccer and an accident happened. Don’t worry, mom.” He smiled.

            “Ugh, I missed you so much,” she hugged Baekhyun’s face and kissed his forehead. “And my Eunbi looked how grown you are. How coincidence that you are Baekhyunnie go to the same school.”

            “Yeah, very,” Eunbi smiled.

            “Well, come sit. You’re father had some business to attend, but he should be back for dinner,” Mrs. Byun lead them to the living room.

            “Where’s Baekbeom?”

            “Oh, your older brother said he’ll meet us there with his wife,” Mrs. Byun replied.

            Baekhyun’s home was quite large for the five of them, although, Baekhyun and his older brother had moved out of the home and it was just his two parents. Sehun was right when he called out Baekhyun that his father was able to ‘grow money on trees’. Well, of course, Eunbi couldn’t actually believe that he was a rich boy, but his house really said something.

            Mrs. Byun had already set out a plate of fruits out for them to snack on as they waited for Mr. Byun to arrive back.

            “After we have dinner, we’re going to head out to Grandmothers’. It’s only about a 2 hour drive and we’ll take separate cars. You’re okay with driving in the dark, Hyunnie?” Mrs. Byun questioned her son.

            “Of course, I’ve driven many times in the dark,” Baekhyun said, popping a strawberry in his mouth.

            Night came crawling in when the front door opened to reveal Mr. Byun. “Hello, Mr. Byun.”

            “Oh, Eunbi, surprise to see you here, Baekhyun didn’t mention you coming. He always mentions-”

            Baekhyun nudged his dad before continuing on. “I mean he should have at least mentioned that you were coming, you know?”

            “Ah, I see,” Eunbi said. “It was sort of last minute since I was going to go with another friend on a trip, but he kind of cancelled.”

            Baekhyun’s heart swelled that Eunbi mentioned that Sehun was just a friend, but he knew he shouldn’t get too hopeful about his best friend’s murky relationship.

            “So dinner?” Mrs. Byun stepped out of the corner and waved a hand at the three.          

            Sehun was in bed all day trying to distract him-self by sleeping, but it didn’t work. It was night already when he finally stepped out of his room to go out for some food when he almost stepped on the little box, if it weren’t for him looking down at the ground. “What? No, no…”

            He stood in front of Baekhyun’s door and was about to knock when someone behind him spoke. “They’re not here. They left hours ago.”

            “Where’d they go?” Sehun asked Seokjin.

            Seokjin set down his box of groceries in front of door. “Oh, they left for a trip to Bucheon and Yanggu, I believe.”

            “What…” Sehun muttered under his breath and gripped the box in his hand.

            “Yeah, they went to go his par-­”

            “Parents’ house and then to his grandma’s house,” Sehun finished Seokjin’s sentence. Knowing Baekhyun, he takes everyone to his parent’s house and grandma’s house in Bucheon and everyone meaning all the boys’ he hangs out with and now, finally Eunbi. “How do you know this?”

            “Oh, they told me about before they went. They asked if I could pack them a lunch on the go,” Seokjin answered.

            “How are you always involved and not involved in everything?” Sehun asked out curiosity. It didn’t make a lot of sense, but Seokjin was always there when something happened. Seokjin always knew when Sehun was out of his room, where Eunbi was, when Sehun punched Baekhyun and called Eunbi, and now Baekhyun and Eunbi’s trip.

            He shrugged. “After coming to this boarding school, I learned that solitude and hanging outside of my room actually leads to me seeing a lot of the small things that happen in the world that I never really noticed when I hung out with my friends,” Seokjin explained. “And also, everyone leaves whenever I tell a dad joke.”

            “But on the other hand, you still very much love Eunbi and Eunbi still really loves you. She may have left that ring, but she’s waiting for you to run back to her. Call her and if she doesn’t pick up. You have to call him.” Seokjin nodded his head pushed himself into his dorm with his groceries.

            “Dammit,” Sehun looked down at the box in his hand. It was already dark outside and yet, he knew he had to go and he had to leave. He left out to his car for a long drive.

            “She’s dreaming. She’s dreaming…” Slowly, Eunbi started to doze off at the calming melody that Baekhyun was singing once again.
            They still had a long ways to go before arriving in Yanggu and Eunbi was long gone in a deep slumber as the sun began to set. A buzzing noise sounded below the music, but was still heard. Eunbi’s phone vibrated softly in the cup holder. Baekhyun looked over at Eunbi, who slept peacefully and was ignorant to her phone buzzing.

            Baekhyun reached down to her phone and saw Sehun’s name glowing on her screen. Baekhyun scowled and turned off her phone, although, it continued to buzz each time he called again and again.

            A ring sounded through the car and this time it was Baekhyun’s phone ringing. He scowled at the caller and placed his earpiece in his ear and picked up. Hoping the music will drown out whatever words he was to say to Sehun.

            “What?” Baekhyun answered.

            “I need to talk to Eunbi. It’s urgent.”

            “Well, she’s sleeping and whatever you want to say, you have to say to me too.”

            “Baekhyun, I was wrong,” Sehun said. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

            “Wow, can’t believe you finally realized that,” he gripped the steering wheel.

            “I realized for a long time and I need to tell you why,” Sehun ruffled his hair and turned down his own music in his car.

            Baekhyun couldn’t help, but gape at Sehun’s situation. But he knew, Sehun was still in the wrong. “You still left her in the cold though and I don’t know how I or, even, Eunbi will forgive you for that.”

            “I know, if you would… just help me out,” Sehun whimpered. “This is selfish of me, but I can’t stop and I don’t want to stop. I am desperate and I need her…”

            “We’ll see,” Baekhyun hung up and drove on to Yanggu with Sehun following far behind.

 

            Soon enough, they pulled up in a patchy grass area in front of the small wooden home that was considered the driveway.

            “Hey, Kwon, wake up,” Baekhyun shook her arm in attempt to wake her up, but it only caused her to groan. “Come on, we have to go. The sooner you get up, the faster we can go sleep.”

            Eunbi sighed and stretched her arms in the air, yawning at the same time. She unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of the car with Baekhyun following in suit. They walked up to the front door alongside with Baekhyun’s parents but before they could knock, a little old woman pulled the door opened.

            “Come in, come in,” she stepped back and allowed her family plus Eunbi in, her words thick with an accent. “Ah~ isn’t in my little grandson!”

            Baekhyun smiled and embraced his grandmother in a tight hug. “Oh, I guess not really little.” She looked up at Baekhyun’s tall figure.

            “Yes, I missed you, Grandma,” Baekhyun laughed.

            “And who is this gem?” She pointed at Eunbi, who stood awkwardly next to Baekhyun.

            “Grandma, this is my best friend, Kwon Eunbi.”

            “Hello, it’s really nice to meet you,” Eunbi greeted. “I’m sorry to intrude in your family visit.”

            “Ay, don’t worry about it, Eunbi-ya,” she smiled. “You are close friends with my Baekhyun, so you are welcomed here any time!”

            “Ah, Mom, we brought rice cakes for you,” Mr. Byun handed Grandma Byun a wrapped box.

            “Thank you,” she gladly took the box from her son. “Let’s go over to the dining table and eat these.”

            The table conversation was anything but awkward for Eunbi. Of course, it was going to be that way anyway since she had no relation or story to really tell the Byun family. Baekhyun was into a short explanation about how well Boarding school was going for him at the moment and how he still has a long way of becoming an architect, even though, his music teacher was really striving for him to be in the music industry.

            “Eunbi-ya?” Baekhyun’s grandma called out. Eunbi looked up from her fidgeting fingers. “So tell me, what are you studying?”

            “Oh, I’m majoring in radiology which does stuff like X-rays, ultrasounds, and things…” Eunbi spoke.

            “Ooh, a doctor! Your mother must be proud,” Mrs. Byun slightly glared at Baekhyun.

            “Mom, you told me to become an architect and said, you preferred me to become one!” Baekhyun called is mom out. She just shook her head and laughed.

            “Em, do you have a boyfriend yet?” Grandma Byun fluttered her eyelashes at Eunbi.

            “Yeah…” She shyly said.

            Baekhyun’s grandma’s eyes twinkled a little less in disappointment. “Oh, and who is this… lucky boy?”

            “Oh Sehun…”

            She gasped. “Oh, that’s Baekhyunnie’s best friend!” His grandma exclaimed. “But why isn’t he here with you guys?”

            “Um… we’re working out something at the moment,” Eunbi answered.

            After that the family talked more before it was said that it was time to go to bed for an early morning breakfast and hike up the mountain.

            Due to the fact that Baekhyun’s grandma lives in the countryside her house was quite small. She only had a couple of rooms of which one was hers’, the other room was for the guest room which Baekhyun’s parents now occupy and the third room was Mr. Byun’s and his twin brother’s room. Eunbi and Baekhyun had to share. However, Eunbi decided to take one side of the floor and Baekhyun took the whole opposite side of the floor.

            “Baekhyun?”

            “Yeah, Eunbi?” Baekhyun rolled over with his eyes closed; the latter attempting to fall asleep.

            “Do you believe that Sehun and I would be able to get back together?”

            Baekhyun opened one eye, but it was of no use due to the room being completely dark. “Well, Sehun and you never were apart to begin with…”

            “Boy, you know what I mean!”

            “I mean, well- I guess, it’s more like are you willing to forgive Sehun for what he has done and if Sehun is willing to forgive you for have done as well,” Baekhyun’s voice cut through  the darkness.

            “I just- I don’t know what to do,” Eunbi cried.

            “Then don’t do anything. Like I have been saying, Sehun should be the one to make the first move.”

            “I think we should get some sleep,” Baekhyun proposed and flipped to face his back towards Eunbi.

            “Yeah…”

===

SORRRRRRYYYYY!!! School and Tennis is super-duper stressful and long AF!!! I haven't been able to do anything and get anything done huehuhehue

I also apologize for this chapter for being so short and also a lame ending. The beginning with Eunbi and Sehun meeting, I literally wrote that at the beginning of this month and the rest of the chapter, I've been gradually writing and it ! 

I'm going to hope and pray I have more time on my hands to write more so I can actually finish off a fanfic. I've been starting to write things, but never finishing them.

Welp... have a wonderful night or morning or afternoon wherever you are in the world~~