Why

You

Baekhyun was the first to wake up at the sound of his own alarm. It was still quite early before they had to leave for school. He looked down at Eunbi who slept soundly on top his bare chest. He reached over and swept away stray hairs from her face. She moved around from his touch and rubbed her face against him causing Baekhyun to giggle from the feeling. Eunbi sat up and greeted Baekhyun with tired smile.

            “Morning,” she whispered. The couple was still dressed in last night’s clothes. “I kind of feel icky.”

            “Me too,” Baekhyun laughed and reached down to button back up his shirt.

            “Do you think this was okay?” She asked.

            “What?” He tilted his head to the side.

            “I mean- this?” She moved her hand around the bed and between her and Baekhyun. “I-I… cheated-”

            “Don’t regret it, Kwon Eunbi,” Baekhyun pointed a finger at her. “I know it wasn’t right, but I-I…”  

            “You know, it’s still early so why don’t you go shower first and I can go-”

            “Can you stay with me longer,” Eunbi interrupted. “I don’t want to be alone.”

            Baekhyun rubbed the top of Eunbi’s head. “And you won’t be. Just go shower and I’ll be out here when you come out.”

            And for sure, Baekhyun was still on Eunbi’s bed when she came out of the bathroom all freshened up and changed in a new outfit.

            Baekhyun then took his turn taking a shower in Eunbi’s bathroom and changed in the spare clothes that Eunbi had kept in her dorm from the time Baekhyun would casually accidently leave some article of clothing behind. Opposite from Eunbi’s outfit, which she wore a white tee underneath a fuchsia pink romper, Baekhyun wore black joggers and a light gray V-neck shirt.

            “Is it time to head out?” Eunbi questioned packing her bag.

            “Yeah, let’s go,” Baekhyun taking Eunbi’s hand in his own.

            They both walked out of Eunbi’s room together as the other girls from the other rooms were also on their way out the school building. Some girls looked over with shocked faces as they see Baekhyun was there with Eunbi, but neither Eunbi nor Baekhyun noticed the chatter.

            “I’ll catch you later,” Baekhyun smiled and pulled at his backpack straps.

            Eunbi nodded and headed into her first period. Baekhyun turned around to be faced by Sehun who didn’t, but nowadays, not too happy. Baekhyun smirked and walked away.

 

            Fifth period came by and Baekhyun walked quickly to class as to catch up with Eunbi. Luckily, he had made it before her.

            “Hey, Jaehyun, is it okay if you switch places with Eunbi? Eunbi hasn’t been able to see the board clearly lately,” Baekhyun explained to his seat partner.

            “Yeah, of course,” Jaehyun smiled and grabbed his bag and moved back to Eunbi’s old seat.

            Eunbi walked in just as Jaehyun was making the switch. “Oh, what’s going on?”

            “Oh, Jaehyun is willing to give up his seat so you could see the board better,” Baekhyun replied and blinked his eyes a couple times hoping Eunbi would catch his hint.

            “Ah, thank you Jaehyun,” Eunbi smiled and took her place in her new chair.

            Sehun also had watched in witnessing the new change. He cleared his throat and scooted on by without saying a word.

            During the whole lesson, Sehun was more focused on the new seated partners than the conquering of the Koreas. Baekhyun’s sneaky finger made their way to Eunbi’s hand that lay loosely at her side. Eunbi scrunched her nose at the surprise attack.

            “Yah,” she shook her hand away, but Baekhyun playfully grabbed it back all while taking notes and not getting caught by Mrs. Cho.

 

            Class ended and Eunbi quickly packed up, skipping her way to the canteen for Lunch. Baekhyun slowly followed behind. Eunbi turned around with a big smile on her face.

            “Hurry up, slow poke!” She called out and Baekhyun jogged towards Eunbi. “Let’s go eat with Jisoo and Yuna!”

            “You mean the countryside rat?” Baekhyun joked.

            “Hey, don’t call her that! Remember a couple years ago, you shaved the sides of your head that people said you looked like a countryside mouse.”

            “I was experimenting hairstyles and at least I was a mouse and not a rat!”

            “Oh, shush!” Eunbi laughed.

 

            “So, are you up to anything after this?” Baekhyun asked Eunbi as she walked out of her last class of the day.

            Eunbi nodded her head. “I need to get started on a project.”

            “Oh, I see,” Baekhyun kicked his feet around as they walked. “I have to go to the library to go study some stuff up so I’ll catch you later, okay?”

            “Oh yeah, I’ll see you around!” Eunbi waved as she walked out the school doors.

            Baekhyun stepped into the quiet library and headed towards his usually study spot. He sat down when he realized he actually didn’t need to be there. He didn’t have any homework, he understood all of his lessons, he had everything done and finished.

            He stood up content with himself and walked out to the boys’ dorm.

            “Hey, Baekhyun,” Seokjin opened up his door and greeted Baekhyun.

            “Oh he- Oh !” Seokjin retreated back into room as Sehun came storming out of his room and punched Baekhyun right in the face. “What the hell is your problem?”

            “You. You’re the problem!” He spat out.

            “What the hell? Me? I think it’s more like you’re the problem!”

            “Why am I hearing people saying that you came out from Eunbi’s room this morning?” He jabbed a finger into Baekhyun’s chest. “And holding hands, huh?”

            “Oh my god, you’re such a child! Why would you care anyway?”

            “Because they said you slept over and she’s my girlfriend!”

            Baekhyun scoffed. “Well, some boyfriend you are at treating your girlfriend.”

            “What?”

            “Don’t what me. You know exactly what you are doing wrong and you’re not even doing anything to fix it!”

            “No, what you and Eunbi are doing wrong is cheating! She’s cheating on me,” Sehun stomped his foot down and glared at Baekhyun.  “She’s just like her.”

            Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “She is not cheating!”

            “Don’t you think she is just using you as a rebound? I know you like her, but she doesn’t reciprocate the feelings back.” Baekhyun was ready to throw a couple fists back at Sehun, but he stood his ground.

            He decided to ignore the question and continued on with the first one. “She doesn’t even know if you two are still a thing because you’ve been ignoring her all this past month! There hasn’t been any communication between you guys because you’re being a selfish prick and keeping everything to yourself! How do you think I feel being your best friend and how do you think Eunbi feels and she’s your freaking girlfriend! And even, if she was cheating, I’m glad it’s on your stupid ,” Sehun readily threw another punch at Baekhyun causing him to tumble to the ground.

            “Stop! No, what are you doing?” Eunbi came running over to Baekhyun’s aid.

            “Eunbi…” Sehun called her name, breathlessly.

            “What is wrong with you?” She looked up at Sehun with anger.

            “What are you doing here?” Baekhyun questioned Eunbi.

            “That doesn’t matter, I just had an instinct,” Eunbi answered as she glanced over at Seokjin’s door. “We have to ice your face before it starts bruising.”

            As Eunbi helped Baekhyun stand up, someone else came out from their room.

            “Sehun, what’s going on?” A girl a bit taller than Eunbi came out of Sehun’s room. She was beautiful, very model like. She wore a tight black pencil shirt and a flowy white blouse. She stood next to Sehun and looked down at Eunbi and Baekhyun who squatted in mid-air at the unexpected guest.

            Eunbi scoffed and a couple of tears welled in her eyes. She patted Baekhyun to stand up and they scurried into his room.

            Sehun grunted and stomped back into this own confines with the girl running back after him.

            “Sehun, what happened?” She asked.

            “Irene, it is none of your business,” he answered, angrily.

            “It is so my business and so is your parent’s companies,” she fought back. “I don’t understand why you are being a little baby about this! You do know I’m struggling too!”

            “I’m not even related to you and I’m a part of all this bull! Why can’t you just get it over with your girlfriend already?”

            Sehun muttered a couple words under his breath as he paced around room.

            “What? Sehun, I swear I can’t-”

            “Can’t what? You think this easy for me because my parents are being irrational,” Sehun cried. “And the fact, you’re involved in this makes it worse.”

            “So are you saying I’m the problem now?” Irene scoffed. “You’re trying to put the blame on someone else when we all know it is your parents and especially, you right now who is the problem.”

            “No, what I’m saying is that it makes the situation worse because you shouldn’t be a part of this situation at all,” he explained, calmly. “I know it’s my responsibility and I hate that you’re taking a lot of it as well.”

            “And tell me why you can’t talk to Eunbi, huh? I feel bad for her…”

            “I just can’t… I don’t want to talk about it now.”

            “Sehun, we grew up together. You know you can tell me anything, okay?” Irene patted his shoulder. “You really have to get this together; we can’t do this if you aren’t going to be smart about it.”

            “I know,” Sehun replied, softly.

            “Sehun, I mean it,” Irene stood up. “My ride is here to pick me up.”

            “My father is giving you a personal lift?” Sehun gawked.

            Irene pressed her lips together in a straight line. “I’ll talk to you later.”

            Sehun slumped down on his bed and sighed. “What the am I doing with my life?”

            “Ow…ow…ow….OUCH!” Baekhyun cried as he continues to push the ice bag to his face. “It hurts so much.”

            “I’m sorry,” Eunbi said and helped him hold the ice bag to his face.

            “Hey, don’t be sorry,” Baekhyun touched Eunbi’s cheek. “If you want someone to be sorry, blame Sehun.”

            “Do you think he’s right?” Eunbi pouted.

            “Right about what?” He put down the ice bag and placed it down on the table.

            Eunbi looked up at Baekhyun and gasp. “Oh gosh, your eye is turning into an icky color and its swelling.”

            She searched the area for ointment and then resulted of taking out some from her purse. She gently applied it to his face which caused him to hiss in pain and move his face away. He looked down at Eunbi’s fingers to see that she still wore the ring Sehun gave her.

            “About what Eunbi?” He pressed again.

            “That I’m cheating on him,” she answered putting down the ointment tube.

            “You were there when he said that?” Eunbi nodded and Baekhyun sighed pressing the ice bag back on his swelling up face. “Well, I’m sure you heard what I said and that is a no. You are not cheating on Sehun.”

            “But we basically… you know… did it,” Eunbi fidgeted with her fingers.

            “Eunbi, we were drunk and I’m not saying it didn’t mean anything but-”

            “Do you think I’m using you as a rebound?”

            “What no-”

            “Do you think of yourself as my rebound?”

            “I-“

            “I hate myself so much for this…” Eunbi cried.

            “Kwon Eunbi, listen to me!” Baekhyun raised his voice and Eunbi shook with shock at the sudden change in tone. “To me, there is a very slight thought that I am a rebound-“

            “I knew it.”

            “Eunbi let me finish first please. Even other people like Sehun would say I am a rebound, but I don’t care because I am glad that I can be with you more and you being with me instead of some guy who is being a complete and is ignoring you without even saying a word.”

            Baekhyun took his free hand and grabbed Eunbi’s shaking hands. He gently swept over Sehun’s ring. “And what we did that night like I said, we were drunk and I… you… and ugh, this is so difficult! Overall, you did nothing wrong. And I know you still…love him in all and that you can go back to him, but I am here for support and whatever supports that may be, I’m willing to do it for you. I just want Sehun to make the first step like he did when he asked you out in the first place.”

            “Sehun just needs to figure out what the he’s doing and man up with himself. I know it’s not his fault and that he is stressed with something, but at least he would be honest with me, honest with you, and let us help him.”

            Eunbi let out a couple of hot tears. “Who do you think the girl was?”

            “I don’t know. Damn, Bastard comes out accusing you of cheating when a girl ing comes out of his own room.” Baekhyun shook his head in disbelief.

            “I don’t know any more,” Eunbi breathed. “I think I should go if you’re okay now.” Eunbi stood up from the bed and Baekhyun’s one good eye grew alarmed.

            “Wait, maybe you should stay… with me tonight,” Baekhyun tried his best to give Eunbi a pair of pleading puppy eyes except he couldn’t with his blackened eye.

             A beep went off in the room, notifying that the intercom was about to come on. “Teachers and students, an unexpected event has come upon us,” the principal spoke. “Due to a teacher conference schedule change, school is cancelled tomorrow. Please be safe a have a nice summer break!”

            “I’m not sure,” Eunbi bit her lip.

            “Oh come on, please? I’m still in so much pain; it hurts to lift an arm.”

            “Baek, you got hurt in the face though…”

            “Hurts to lift an eye…lid…” Baekhyun was confusing himself. “See I can’t even tell apart my body parts!”

            “Fine, I’ll stay,” Eunbi gave in and Baekhyun cheered. “You’re lucky school got cancelled and I’m in my sleeping clothes too.”

            Baekhyun smiled and patted the side of the bed next to him. Eunbi scurried over and laid herself under the soft blanket. Baekhyun flicked the lights off and also slipped underneath the blanket.

            “Are you going to go see your parents for the break?” Baekhyun asked as they lay next to each other in the dark.

            “No, I wish though. They’re going to Jeju Island for their wedding anniversary,” Eunbi answered. “And earlier before this whole thing happened, Sehun said he would take me to his place or somewhere on a trip.”

            “Oh… Hey, why don’t you come with me,” Baekhyun flipped to his side to face Eunbi who also flipped over. “You can come see my parents in Bucheon and visit my grandmother’s house in Yanggu and hike the mountains or something.”

            “Sounds fun!”

            “Yeah and like you already met my parents before so it shouldn’t be too much trouble since they like you anyway,” Baekhyun mentioned.

            “They like me?” Eunbi laughed.

            She did meet Baekhyun’s parents at some house party that her parents and his parents were invited to. They both didn’t know that they would meet at party that they didn’t even know who was hosting. Later on, they grew close and his parents offered Eunbi a lift back home since her parents wanted to stay longer.

            “Cool, we’ll leave next week then.” Baekhyun smiled through the night. “Now get some sleep so we can go get breakfast in the morning.”

            Suddenly, Eunbi’s phone rang in the mist of the night. Baekhyun flipped over in the bed at the sound, but continued to sleep. Eunbi stretched her arms and reached over to grab her phone. She didn’t bother reading the caller ID and just picked up.

            “Hello,” she croaked out.

            “Hey,” he spoke clearly.

            “Se-Sehun?”

===

WOOOOW~~~ Very little, but very dramatic things just happened here! Hmmmm I wonder where this is gonna go??......

You will soon learn what is going on with Sehun and who Irene is and many more in hopefully the next chapter???? Or the next? So MANY Questions!!