oo4

The Wife System
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with my resolve still strong. Jinyoung would grow to cherish me. I would prove that I was a good wife. Somehow.

Today started like all the others. Got up early to look my best and went to help the maids set the table. Even though I didn't have too, I wanted to show I wasn't spoiled, just because I could lazy around. I didn't want him to think that was part of my character.

He came down but I noticed he wasn't in his suit today. It was blue jeans with a light blue button up, the sleeves rolled up at the elbows. I was pretty sure my heart had stopped. Jinyoung brushed his bangs to the side while glancing over the food. He sat down and started eating but I was still star struck. I knew he was handsome in a suit but casual attire was so much more appealing.

"There's an office party that we must attend this weekend. We're going dress shopping for you. Be ready in thirty minutes."

He...he was talking to me? I blinked a few times, completely flabbergasted. "D-de." I stuttered. He finished eating before I even had a chance to sit down. We...we were going to spend time together today. Jinyoung said he was going to buy me a dress. There was a party this weekend we would attend together. Together!

My smile slowly grew. Today was already looking to be so much brighter.

 

In ten minutes I was ready. The only adjustments I noticed to his attire was a silver watch. I had wore a yellow summer dress. Hopefully he liked how I looked as much as I enjoyed how he looked right now.

 

Jinyoung's POV

She wouldn't stop glancing my way. At first I thought maybe I had buttoned my shirt wrong but when her face grew increasingly red, I knew. She was attracted to me. My eyes went to the white bandage around her wrist. So it had bruised. I fought the guilt that filled my stomach. My eyes then strayed to her left wrist, where my last name was tattooed. It was a brand so people would know she was mine. My mood suddenly grew very sour.

She remained quiet but was wildly looking around like this was the first time she had seen any of this.

Didn't they let them leave the compound? How was she supposed to learn how to be a good wife if she didn't know the basics of shopping?

I knew two shops that would have everything we needed. One for clothes, the other for shoes and accessories. The sooner we took care of all of this the sooner I could get to work. There was no telling how much the place was falling to the ground while I was away.

We entered the dress shop first. "Go pick want you want. I'll grab a tie to match after."

She glanced at me and looked utterly terrified. "What...what do you like?"

Seriously? "Just go pick a style out that's in your favorite color or something. The price doesn't matter." I went to find somewhere to sit. There was three missed calls on my phone.

 

Jiyoon's POV

I was completely and hopelessly lost. There were rows and rows of beautiful dresses. But I didn't want to pick just any dress. I wanted a dress that would match him and bring attention to him.

"Would you like me to help you?" A young woman approached me. "Is it your first time shopping since the compound?" I weakly nodded. "Don't worry. It's overwhelming at first but can be lots of fun once you're used to it. Let's find you a dress. What's your husband's favorite color?"

I looked toward him. That shirt did wonders. "Blue. Light blue."

The lady handed me five different dresses. They were all beautiful and complemented me well. Still, I wish Jinyoung would come over and just tell me which one he prefers instead of me having to guess. What if I picked something that's not pleasing to him?

 

"Have we finished yet?"

I gasped from inside the dressing room.

"W-would you like to see?"

"No. Just pick whatever. It doesn't matter."

"De." So I picked the one that I thought he'd be the most pleased with. He didn't glance at the dress in my arms when I walked out. Only, he asked the lady for a matching tie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter