o21

The Wife System
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We didn't speak again the rest of the trip home but he kept a tight grip on my hand. The maids us home but they quickly caught on to the mood. Hira pulled me aside and I told her what had happened. Jinyoung made a quick call to Shin Woo letting him know that we made it safely back. I went towards the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Jiyoon, let's go." Jinyoung was standing near the door with a heavy expression. Hira took the glass from me and I joined my husband's side. He looked exhausted. We had never talked about his parents before. I only knew that he cared deeply for them.

The trip to the hospital was silent. It was clear he was struggling. I swiped my thumb across his knuckles in quiet comfort. We signed in and started heading towards her room. I didn't know what condition she would be in. Jinyoung had seemed really worried when he heard she had collapsed. Was she sickly?

Hesitantly he rapped his knuckles on the door. A light laughter came from the other side. A familiar laughter. Jinyoung pushed the door open and we were met with a beauiful woman laying in the bed. She was sitting up and other than looking a little pale seemed perfectly healthy. A clean cut man stood next to her with tender love in his eyes. They were like a painting.

"Omma." Jinyoung cleared his throat. They both smiled at their son. I had half hidden myself behind him, feeling shy. "My wife," he pulled me from around him.

"Jiyoon?" Their smiles dropped. The man had spoke my name. He moved away from his wife. "Is it really you?"

I unsuredly glanced at Jinyoung. He was furrowing his eyebrows.

"Forgive me." He took my hand. "I knew your parents. You're the spitting image of your mother. Wait, your wife?" Jinyoung unsuredly nodded. I was just as confused. "Amazing." He frowned. "It can't be a coinsidence."

"Father?"

He started to speak but the woman we had come to see interrupted him. "Let me speak with her." She was smiling at me with tears in her eyes. Jinyoung approached her first.

"Omma, are you okay? I told you to take better care of yourself." He chastised but smiled in the end. Tender Jinyoung was my favorite Jinyoung. She reassuredly patted him on the hand then pushed him aside.

"Jiyoon, come here." I searched my returned memories of her but I couldn't pin point it. "You're the spitting image of your mother." She took both of my hands into hers. "Oh dear, I don't know how much you remember before the Institute but-"

"Sara," her husband cut her off. "This isn't the place."

She smiled. "Of course. They're going to release me soon, come over to the house tonight. There's much I want to discuss with you both."

"Omma." Jinyoung started to protest, I could see the questions in his eyes, but a few doctors coming in cut him off. We left into the hall with his father.

Jinyoung quickly turned to his him. He sighed at his son's expression. "Wait until tonight. It's better to hear the story from both of us." He turned to me. "I know you probably don't remember, but it's good to see you again Jiyoon. You've grown up into a fine young woman. I'm just sorry things turned out the way they did."

"You can't say something like that and then not explain." Jinyoung started shaking his head.

"Tonight. Be patient."

"I need to use the restroom." I squeezed my husband's hand once but he caught me.

"I'll go with you. We'll see you tonight, I have a few things to discuss as well."

He nodded. "Looks like we both have our secrets."

We rounded the corner. "Jinyoung I could have went on my own."

"I told you, I don't want you to leave my side. Not until we find out what's going on. The fact that my parent's knew your parents is...odd. But like they said, we'll get information tonight."

After I used to the restroom we started walking back but I heard something. Jinyoung kept walking, he didn't notice my sudden stop. I was about to call for him but a cry caught my attention. A woman was wailing.

I approached the room. A baby joined her cries. The door hadn't been closed all the way and I slightly pushed it.

"No! Please!" The woman was being held down by two doctors. A woman approached her with a crying baby in her arms. "Please." The woman continued to sob.

"Your daughter will be well taken care of. Just like you were."

My eyes widened in recognition. It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter