o14

The Wife System
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was up and ready before anyone else. Honestly I didn't sleep very well last night. It was hard when I was so excited about today! This would only be my second time shopping. It was a little upsetting that Jinyoung wouldn't be with me but I had to stop expecting him to be more to me. Although I still hoped it would come in time.

Jinyoung gave me a black card and said to buy whatever I wanted. Maybe I could get him a present while I was out. Another blue shirt would be a gift to both of us.

"Are you ready Agashi?" Yongguk smiled down at me. With a big smile of my own I skipped out of the house. As long as the mild pounding in my head didn't get worse, today would be wonderful.

"Where would you like to go?" Hira was sitting in the passenger seat. She held Yongguk's hand while he his thumb over her knuckles. A ping of jealousy hit me but I shoved it down. Jinyoung and I would get there.

"I'm not sure. Actually, I don't even know what to look for. What is there to do?"

"Well, there's sewing, pottery, flower arrangement; to name a few. I'm sure we'll come across something that will catch your eye."

"What do you think Jinyoung would like for me to do?"

"Whatever makes you happy." Yongguk responded this time. Hira sweetly smiled at him and his cheek.

That didn't help because I didn't know what would make me happy.

We pulled up to a strip mall. It was rows of indoor and outdoor shops. There was a huge hustle and bustle and I loved it. My eyes were sparkling at the array of colors and trinkets.

There was so much to look at. So much to do! It was hard to focus on why I was here in the first place.

Yongguk led the way with Hira tucked close to him. I did my best to stay with them but like a child I found myself easily distracted.

"Agashi, let's go in this shop over here. You mind find something you like." Hira called and I scurried after her.

The shop they brought me to was filled with different rolls of fabric. I pulled each one through my fingers and marveled at the different textures. It was amazing that people could turn these patterns into wearable clothes.

I was awed but not interested in learning. We went on from there. I watched young men making jewelry, and young women forming clay. There were so many possibilities!

A few hours passed with no luck. They suggested we take a break and get a snack. I went towards the first thing my eyes landed on, ice cream.

The doorbell chimed and the cool air greeted me. Of course this place would also be filled with choices.

"Jung Jiyoon?" I stopped scanning over selections and turned to the man who addressed me. I've met him twice. 

"Detective Baro."

"I'm surprised you rember."

"I'm good with names."

He nodded. "Let me get you an ice cream. My treat." I couldn't turn him down so I ordered a strawberry ice cream cone. Yongguk and Hira sat away from us, also enjoying the cold dessert.

​​​​​​​"What brings you out today?" Baro began with small talk.

​​​​​​​"I'm looking for something to help pass the time at home. A hobby."

"A hobby, hm." He thoughtfully his ice cream. I rubbed my temple where the pressure was getting worse. "Are you okay?"

​​​​​​​"Brainfreeze." I blamed it on the icecream.​​​​​​​ To divert the conversation I asked a hopeful question. "Do you have any idea what Jinyoung would like?"

​​​​​​​"That's a tough question. Even when Jinyoung was a child, it was hard to impress him. Although, I do remember this painting that used to catch his eye all the time. He always seemed to be intrigued by small drawings and doodles. Why don't you start there?"

I wasn't sure I knew how to paint or draw but if it was something that Jinyoung would like I'd give it a try.

Before leaving he bought me a cold drink and thanked me for my time. I liked him, he gave a warm vibe that just made you want to be friends. I told the two what Baro had suggested and they agreed. Yongguk looked a little disappointed but didn't comment on it.

On our way to the paint shop I bumped into a woman. She was teetering on her feet and laughing at nothing in particular.

"Careful." Yongguk helped her stand.

​​​​​​​"Oh, aren't you handsome!" The drunk woman threw herself at Yongguk. He backed away but caught her arms so she wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter