What's Going On?

Unexpectedly Together

Yoseob's POV

I walked to IU's waiting room to tell her where to meet tomorrow-our first day of Family Break. Just as I was about to open the door I heard something.

"Oh, hi oppa! How are you doing?" I froze, listening in on her.

"Yes, yes, everything's fine. How about you?" There was a pause, then IU laughed, sounding really happy. "Me too. I miss you... When are you coming back? I can't wait to see you again! Tomorrow? Really? Yay! ... Him? Oh don't worry, it'll all be fine. See ya!"

Oppa? I thought. 'Miss you' and 'can't wait to see you?' Who was this person? Suddenly I had a thought. What if... What if he was a secret boyfriend? And the 'him' she was talking about-would that be me? Was her boyfriend worried I'd mess stuff up? Wait, IU said that it'll be okay- what did that mean? She'll get rid of me?

I started panicking a lot, thinking that it was true and that all my hopes of being back with IU secretly was being crushed.

Just then, the door opened, and IU came out, looking surprised.

"Oh, oppa! What are you doing here?" Was it just my imagination, or was she sounding nervous?

"Um, I was just about to go in!" I lied. "To talk about the you-know-what!" I lowered my voice into a whisper.

"Ah. Well, about that..." she answered. What was it? Was all my thoughts true? I thought with rising panic. "This week, I can't go. Manager oppa scheduled something before we agreed into this 'Family Break' that we call." Inside, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Then, I had another thought. What if... What if she was making up excuses to meet with this other guy? I mentally shook my head. No, IU's too sweet and innocent to pull something like that... right? I started having my doubts about her pretty credible excuse.

"Yoseob-oppa? Hello? Are you listening?" IU asked, waving a hand over my face. "Are you on Earth now? Gosh, oppa, you shouldn't space out like that on people." She sounded kind of annoyed. Omigosh, she probably WAS getting tired of me and was meeting someone else now.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! (I thought that-did NOT-thank goodness-say that out loud, like last time)

"Yoseob-oppa? Are you okay? You look so... what do you call it? Disrupted? Distressed?" Jieunie said, looking concerned. Looking at her face, I wondered how I could have doubted her for a second.

She looked a the time, and said, "Oh, oppa, I have to film in 15 minutes. I probably should go... well, bye!"

"Bye," I said softly, staring into space.

IU's POV

I didn't understand, as I hurried away, why Yoseob-oppa was acting so weird today. Oh well, I thought. Even his depressedness (?) cannot kill my excitement! I couldn't believe it-I hadn't seen him for years! Literally! And now, I was definitely going to see him-and the thought of it made me happy.

"Omigosh!" I squealed quietly. Oppa was coming back, and my whole family was excited. Just thinking about him made me smile.

Luna will be really happy, too, I thought. So would Jiyeon! We're all so close to him...

Then, I frowned again, thinking about Yoseob-oppa. I guessed he had changed even more than I thought in one year. In a not-so-good way, that is. People change, and nothing can stop them.

I went back to oppa. I felt so hyper again. Then Yoseob-oppa. I felt kind of worried. This went on and on-hyper, worried, excited, concerned, happy, sad.  Ah well, I guess.

A/N: This is like the shortest, SHORTEST chapter ever, I know-I don't have time. To those of you that I promised I'll put Onew in here, well, sorry, it got delayed. It'll be in the next 1-2 chapters, so don't worry. He's coming!

Thanks to my commenters and new subscribers-old ones too-and keep reading! I'll update in a while.