Luna Hum Ear Smile

Unexpectedly Together

Luna looked at me strangely. Not once, but twice, and then she finally asked, "Why in the world are you so happy?"

I tilted my head. "What? I'm not so happy." I considered this. "Well, okay, I'm pretty happy. But aren't I always pretty happy?"

She shook her head, amused. "You don't usually go around with an ear-to-ear smile and hum all the while, do you?"

"Humming? Luna, I was so not humming." Then I thought back to today and realized that yes, I had been humming most of the time. "Fine, I was. But no ear-to-ear smile was present!" However, the moment I said that, my cheeks throbbed with forgotten pain, and I realized that yes, I had been smiling widely most of the time. "Okay, that's true too."

The girl nodded. "Exactly. So why?"

"Nothing much in particular," I said, "but I've been feeling like I'm walking in the clouds or something. Light on my feet." I gasped, coming to a happy conclusion. "Maybe I lost weight!"

She laughed. "You might have, but I think there's a bigger reason than that," she said. Luna wiggled her eyes at me, nudging my arm oh-so-slightly. "Perhaps the reason has the initials of Y.Y.?"

I quicky shushed her, carefully looking around to see if anyone had been listening. "Luna!" I scolded. "We're in a wide open space at a filming set, where anyone can hear us! This matter is private, and you know so!"

"So it's true!" she squealed. "Tell me, what happened? I want the details, young lady!"

"Not right now. What if there are listening ears?" Again, I looked around. I felt as if maybe somebody was looking at us, but maybe that was my jittery, nervous nerves talking. "I'll talk to you later, yo."

My best friend pouted, but also nodded. "Fine. Tonight, then."

"Tonight."

We parted ways after that, since she was in another "team" than I was in this open, real-variety show. It distinctly reminded me of Running Man, but no matter.

After the shoots were done, and my schedules finally ended the grueling day, I was dozing off in the van when a sudden call woke me up. Groggily, I answered, "Hello?"

"Jiyeon?"

"Yes?"

"This is the president. I need you to come to my office."

"Yes, sir." I hung up sleepily, and told manager-oppa what to do. I forced myself awake, reapplying some of my basic makeup in case of the paparazzi, and spent the time going there watching reruns of dramas.

When we reached there, I was still tired but not as sleepy, thank goodness. I wanted to sleep, yes, but I could keep my eyelids open for at least thirty minutes. I still felt woozy, though.

I yawned widely in the elevator, making manager-oppa yawn too, and I grinned at him evilly. "I contaminated you with my tiredness," I said.

"You do that all day, every day."

We laughed together and made our way to the office, light on our feet. The moment the door opened, though, my smile faded. The grim atmosphere made me feel small, and I turned meek and obedient almost right away. I bowed meekly, sat myself down meekly, glanced down at my hands meekly. I was, in all ways, very meek.

The president, after a period of silence, finally spoke to the meek me. "I want you to hear this."

He pressed his mouse, and the computer in front of him started playing something.

A familiar voice came on. "Why in the world are you so happy?" I frowned, trying to place this voice. Then another, even more familiar voice responded to the first one.

"What? I'm not happy."

My tired brain worked hard in its tired state to try comprehend what was going on. The second voice went on.

"Well, okay, I'm pretty happy. But aren't I always pretty happy?"

Suddenly, something clicked. This was something I really did know. But what?

"You don't usually go around with an ear-to-ear smile and hum all the while, do you?" the first voice said.

'Ear-to-ear smile and hum...' From my slouched position, I jolted up, sitting ruler-straight. Wait, this was...

"Humming? Luna, I was so not humming."

Luna. Luna, humming, smiling, ear-to-ear. Luna humming ear-to-ear smile. Luna hum ear smile. Luna.

"Fine, I was. But no ear-to-ear smile was present!"

Luna hum ear smile... me.

"Okay, that's true too."

I was definitely wide-awake now.

 

 

A/N: A short chapter, ending with a slight cliffhanger. Super short, but I felt like I should update it. After all, I pretty much broke my vow of updating constantly, after all. I'm soooooo sorry!!!! Really! Life is hard, y'all. Life is. Please, forgive this unworthy author. Those still hanging on, wow, kudos to you for being so loyal. Keep being awesome, please. And, well, I really hope I update faster. I do. I've got really nothing to say here. Goodbye, folks. Best of luck to your own lives as well.