A Secret Date

Unexpectedly Together

"Hello, everyone! This is IU--"

"And I'm Hara Gooooo~~~--"

"At the Music Stadium!" I smiled brightly. It wasn't that hard, knowing what would come soon.

"Today we have countless people lining up to show you what they have to give! Right, Goo Hara-shi?" I turned to my coworker, the excited grin still fixed on my face.

She nodded just as excitedly, in her bouncy way. "That's right, folks! Not only do we have the one and only Super Junior, we also have SNSD coming up! Just for you!"

"And why is that?"

Goo Hara faced the camera, widening her eyes and radiating cheerfulness. "Because this is..."

3, 2, 1. "Your Music Stadium!" we shouted together. The two of us made a cute pose together, smiling oh-so-brightly at the camera.

As soon as the PD gave the 'okay,' Hara-unnie and I sat down on the seats prepared just for us. Except for the occasional comment, we both watched one of the rookies perform on the stage through the moniter in silence. Five minutes before the ending note, we got back up and prepared ourselves for the next cut.

All throughout the program, I was silently anticipating the plans that Yoseob-oppa had made with me just moments ago in the van-- under the pretense of a relative phone call, of course. A smile wouldn't leave my face, no matter how much I tried. Hara-unnie, though, obviously had dark circles concealed under the makeup, which worried me to no end. Being popular was not that fun sometimes.

"Thank you for watching..."

"Music Stadium!"

"See you next time!" The tired unnie and I kept waving at the camera until we were sure the recording was done. My dear unnie almost collapsed unto the chair, hidden from the view of fans from the amount of staffs nearby. Once again, I neared her and asked, "Are you okay? You really should rest."

She smiled at me wryly. "You and I both know that doing this is our job. We have to keep going until we faint, remember?"

I sighed-- it was the truth. Beneath all that glamour and fame, life was pretty hard as an idol.

"But IU," she cocked her head to the side, "you seem pretty hyped up today."

She had noticed?! I guessed my attempts were not that successful. "Yeah, something good happened earlier."

"Lucky you."

I had to laugh. "Lucky I-you, you mean." That got out a laugh from Hara-unnie, thank goodness.

Our managers just had to come in at that time to pick us up for our next schedules. If only I could bash their heads in! With a camera! OMIGOODNESS! Can't they see that we were finally having fun and relieving our stress AT LAST?! I practically growled at my manager, but he only responded with a sorry look. Well, I guessed I couldn't blame him-- it was their job, after all. But still. I strengthened my glare, and imagined biting his head out. That got me happier, so I went back to smiling again, though I did snarl at him at times.

Oh well. Part of his job is to take care of us, too. PUNISHMENT!!!

Finally the end of the schedules came. Then another day passed, then another. Whenever I felt like crying or breaking down on camera, or even throwing a hissing fit or something, I would remember Yoseob-oppa and smile. Like, mega-watt smile, not my usual frozen one. Even some of my fans were catching on-- on the internet, they would write stuff like, 'I'm so glad IU is happy! I was worried for a while!' and 'Did you see IU at Music Stadium? She looked geniunely happy! Hopefully she's having a better time now,' etc.

At long last, Saturday did come. I felt like it would never, ever, ever come, and I'd die waiting for it, but it did come! And I was really happy! I really didn't have any schedules on Saturday (YES!!!!!), and I was fully energized. IU, ready for take off.

With my 'relative meeting thing!' excuse, I ran off wearing a simple outfit, contacts, and a wig for a good measure. This time, Yoseob-oppa and I were going to risk it out in the big world of Seoul. I doubted anyone would notice me from my precautions-- also, I changed my makeup style a bit so that it wouldn't scream "IU!!!!!".

We had agreed through texting to meet at a specific park bench that held meaning to us (where Yoseob-oppa first confessed! KYAAAA!!), and I waited there, fifteen minutes early and anxious. Two minutes before four, a familiar figure showed up in front of me. I looked up, and lo and behold, it was my secret boyfriend oppa.

Without knowing it, I grinned at him, and he grinned back. It was mutual grinning until we, as one, snapped out of it.

"Hi, oppa," I greeted.

"Hi, Jieun," he greeted back. Ah, life was good.

 

Yoseob's POV

At first, I really didn't know it was Jieunie at the bench. I kind of frowned, seeing the unfamiliar hair styled girl on that special bench. IU and I were supposed to meet there!

But when I got closer to tell her to go away, I realized that it was indeed my girlfriend on that special bench. An unconscious smile creeped up to my face, and my eyes told of unbelievable joy. It was Jieunie, and with Jieunie, everything would be awesome.

We both kind of smiled at each other, but then couldn't stop. Then for no good reason, we both kind of stopped together. I don't know-- it's hard to explain. I guess I couldn't stop smiling because she smiled at me, and the same went for her, but then our lips decided to simultaneously go neutral again, maybe because it knew that if it didn't, then we'd probably stand there forever like that.

"Hi, oppa," she said.

"Hi, Jieun." Again, the bursting joy inside of me. I could fly! I really could! Well, in my head. But if we saw it that way, I already flew. So whatever.

After that brief conversation, we kind of just talked about everything and nothing at all, just enjoying each other's presences and voices, and the fact that we're walking together, going somewhere together.

I showed her this awesome place that nobody really knows about, but I wasn't worried about people recognizing us as long as we didn't speak really loudly, because Jieunie was pretty different looking, and I had also put on a slightly-different-from-my-hair-looking wig. Not too much, but enough to convince people to look again, guess again, and conclude that it's not Yang Yoseob of B2ST.

Then we went to the karaoke place, where there was thankfully not a lot of people, since it was still kind of early in the morning and all. We dared to sing aloud our own songs, and had a lot of fun.

I could seriously feel my stress overloadation (?) melting away in lemon drops over the rainbow. Really. Who needs the Wizard of Oz if Jieunie's next to you?

Needless to say, a smile never left my lips and neither did Jieun's. We went on a train, disguising our voices as people speaking satoori, trying to speak modern. It was a fun thing to do, but because we kept laughing at each other, we kind of failed. But it didn't matter-- nothing mattered, because Jieun was next to me, and I was next to her.

Later, after we ate lunch on the train and was listening to music in silence together (the most important word in the world, together. Together, together, together. Together is beautiful, together is wonderful. Together, it seemed like everything is possible.), Jieun fell asleep. Very briefly, though, since the train stopped just then. But it was long enough for me to take a picture of her sleeping, because she looked cute and beautiful at the same time in the only way she can.

I wished that one day, we'd be able to throw away our disguises and covers and walk together, holding hands, in front of everyone, in broad daylight. I wished that we'd be able to date in public, that our companies and our fans would accept it, too, and that we'd be truly happy like that. I wished everything would work out for us.

Alas, the end of the day came, and we had to separate. Just before dinner, we said our sad goodbyes and left. The sad thing was, I couldn't even drop Jieunie off at her home, because her manager or parents might see me. But when Jieun texted me a minute after our farewell, my mood lightened a bit. We kept texting all the way home, and into bed as well.

Let me rephrase that. We kept texting all the way home, and into bed as well until the rest of the B2ST members nearly blew up my head screaming into my ear to shut off the phone and let them sleep.

I did as they said, but only after ten more messages. It was a compromise.

 

A/N: Pure fluff, not much dialogue. I'm proud of myself for finding the time to update (yes!), and even though I'd like to warn that not all my updates will come this quickly, I'm really trying. Maybe once a week or two? Anyways, the point is, I don't have to beg on my knees this time! Wow, I haven't not said sorry in my author's note in a really long time. It's not that short, either-- even if it's not that long. But hey, I'm really happy that I did this. Thanks for reading, and please keep commenting and subscribing and reading, etc., and an additional note: this was for the b2uties, AKA b2uty90 and B2utygirl98. Still can't get over how similar the names are O.O but anyways. Thank you, and see you next update, I guess?