--07--

Agent S

Jimin breathed heavily, having witnessed everything from his seat. Although the car windows were tinted, the person in the inside could still clearly see everything on the outside.

He had watched when his Suga-hyung ran from the door and stooped in front of the car as their pursuer fired gunshots at him. He had also seen how his hyung calmly shot the pursuer’s feet without even looking and how the masked pursuer struggled to reach the weird-looking statue with his foot bleeding.

Lastly, from Jimin’s position in the passenger’s seat, he clearly saw Suga’s arm raise, aiming his gun at the sky. At first, it made Jimin confuse on what the heck was his hyung doing. Then the gun fired.

The next thing Jimin knew was that there was a shriek coming from behind the statue as something unknown fell from the sky towards their pursuer, and the car door was already opening with his hyung calmly sliding inside and starting the car.

Everything seemed to have happened within five seconds.

Jimin’s head was aching.

“Are you alright there, kid?” Suga asked.

No, not really.

“Uh…I think so…”

A moment of silence.

“Actually I am freaking not,” Jimin blurted out, unable to help himself anymore. “Yesterday I was just planning to buy groceries when I walked out of the bathroom and saw you there in my room and now somebody actually wanted to eliminate my existence in this world and I found out that my dad is a leader of a spy thingy plus there is this data that I still don’t really understand then now we are being pursued and I just saw you almost get killed when you went out awhile ago because the freaking man was shooting s at you then you shot his feet then you shot again then something fell then now we’re here and I can’t believe that I almost died awhile ago but now it’s safe I don’t know.”

Jimin panted wildly and his eyes were wide as he stared at the car’s dashboard. He just blurted out everything. He couldn’t… Seriously, what the heck was this all?

Ugh, somebody help him.

And while Jimin was in a middle of a serious existential crisis, Suga was laughing. Laughing. The nerve.

“Chill, okay?” the older boy said as he chuckled at Jimin, making the younger boy glare at him. “Firstly, I understand why you’re hyperventilating. It’s normal. Everything might be shocking for you but let me tell you this, Cutie, there will be crazier things that are about to happen.”

Jimin huffed in annoyance. “I am not hyperventilating. How dare you?” And seriously, what’s with all these nicknames? Kid, babe, cutie… Ugh. Jimin was going crazy.

Suga ignored his sentiments. “Secondly, as much as I’m deeply touched that you love me so much to always worry about me being killed, there’s no need for that. Honey dear, you’re now seated beside the rumoured ultimate agent of Alpha Centauri. There’s a reason why there are gossips going around that I might inherit Z’s position, I’m just that good. To clear things though, I do not plan to do that nor am I even suited for that. I’m good, but Z is a way different league. You’re father is just the best of the best.”

Jimin blinked. Hearing this stranger—who was not that much of a stranger anymore, really—say those things about his father made him feel something warm and pleasant inside. Suga just sounded so…sincere and amazed when he talked about Z, about Jimin’s father.

“Thirdly, that thing that fell was a bird, for your information,” Suga said as he did a sharp turn.

The younger boy’s eyes immediately widened when the words reached his ears. He gasped. “W-wait…you killed an innocent bird?!”

He couldn’t believe this. He just couldn’t. This man was heartless and a definite meanie.

“I believe I just said that,” he answered Jimin’s question, haughtily at that.

“B-but! THAT’S TOTALLY BAD!”

The other boy chuckled again, his eyes disappearing and his gums showing. Jimin thought it was a good look on him. “I knew you were going to say this. I just knew. But before you jump unto a thorough explanation of animal rights, let me first tell you that I needed to do that. It’s the only fast way that I could do to startle the man and keep his attention away from me even for only just a few seconds.”

“I-… So you shot the bird and it fell unto that masked man?”

Suga nodded.

“B-but… You were just using a small gun! That’s impossible! The bird must be so far away and… Heck, how were you even sure that the bird would really fall unto the man with that much distance. I did vaguely remembering seeing birds flying around, but they were like, up up up up up above the sky, Suga-hyung! Are you really trying to tell me that you shoot one using that pistol-“

“Revolver.”

“-and made that bird fall unto… UGGH! This is not even… IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE, HYUNG?!”

Suga side-glanced at him and shrugged. “It’s just a matter of timing. And by the way, you’re cute. Say the ‘up up up’ again, it sounded really adorable.”

Jimin pouted, feeling put out. “Take me seriously,” he said as he smacked Suga in the arm. He didn’t care if this was the ‘ultimate’ agent. Jimin was mad and he was going to hit him when he liked.

“Ouch! , that actually hurts,” Suga complained. “You’re such a monster, a baby monster at that.”

“Shut up.” With a scowling face, Jimin turned to Suga again as realization hit him. “But hyung…if you’re able to do that…then you must be really good. Like, really good.”

The older boy shrugged again, face straight as he continued to drive at a very high speed that Jimin couldn’t come to care anymore after all the adrenaline rush that happened, and still happening. “I am not.”

“No, seriously, you’re so good.”

“Am not.”

“Hyung, believe me!”

Then slowly, the straight face transformed into a smirking one. “Actually, I know that I’m so bloody awesome. I just keep on telling I’m not so that you’ll keep on praising me.”

Jimin hit him again, harder this time.

“But seriously though, how did you make sure that the bird would fall unto him? Isn’t that…impossible, hyung?”

Suga smirked as he expertly drifted through a curve on the street. “That’s where I’m good at, kid. Shooting.”

“Shooting?”

He nodded. “Every agent has their own specialty. Some are good in making poisons; some are good in doing undercover and doing disguises. In my case, I’m particularly good at combat and firearms, but my accuracy in shooting is unleveled. I could shoot a bee using a water gun with just my peripheral vision. Any firearms. Any weapon.”

It might be embarrassing, but Jimin’s jaw was currently hanging because this was no at all. He had seen it himself. Well, not really since his view was restricted while he was inside the car that time. But he sure knew that from Suga’s position, it was impossible to hit a bird, much less using a damn pistol, or revolver whatsoever. Jimin was no expert, and his knowledge was only limited to the video games he had played with Tae and Kookie, but he sure knew that it was still impossible.

“That’s…really cool,” he murmured under his breath, facing the older boy with wide awed eyes.

“I know. You’ll never see anyone cooler than me, so really, why not beg me to be boyfriend now? I know you want to.”

That of course, earned another smack in the arm. The older boy clicked his tongue disapprovingly and scowled at the road ahead. “Yah, this kid…” he complained. “Stop doing that or my right arm might fall off and I wouldn’t be able to drive anymore, and then our pursuer will be able to catch up.”

“It’s your fault in the first place. You always- Wait, what do you mean by catch up? You mean…he’s still following us?!” After the words left his mouth, Jimin turned to look out the back window, and indeed, a slick-looking sedan was following them.

And , was that other car behind it also following them?

“Yes, sir, we are being followed. Did you really think we could escape by just driving away fast? Our enemies are real , kid. They’re also agents like me, remember that. Looked like the coward had back-ups. I think there are three of them following us now, and all are agents from the looks of their car. All of those vehicles are from Alpha Centauri.”

Jimin narrowed his eyes and sure enough, there was another sedan following them just behind the second one. Heck, they were all driving at high speed. Jimin saw a bullet being fired from the headlights of the leading sedan.

“Hyung! They’re shooting at us! They’ve got weapons! Like, like in their car! The bullet came from the dearforsaken headlights, hyung!” Jimin panicked. So the whole time they were talking, these cars were chasing and even shooting them? What the heck, how did he miss that?

“I know, I know. Calm down. You look cute with your eyes wide, your mouth forming an ‘o’ like that, and your arms flailing about, but could you please stop panicking? Everything is under control and you don’t have to worry about those headlights.” Suga laughed. His insane, Jimin decided. “It won’t really damage the car and my maneuvers in driving are too good for them to really hit the target. All of their attempts were a miss. Also, I have the same weapons built in my car so really, no need to be awed by them.”

Jimin gave him a worried glance. “Are you sure?”

Suga sighed. “When are you going to learn to trust me? Yes, I am sure as heck. It will not be easy to escape from them but I’ve got a plan. I’ll soon be leaving the forest road and entering the highway and that meant other cars and traffic. It would be easier to hide in a public setting because AC agents work lowkey and we don’t really fire gunshots and do Fast and Furious with so many people in danger. We also don’t like getting flashed on the news. We’re a secret organization for a damn reason.”

Breathing more evenly now, Jimin slowly nodded. He slumped in his seat tiredly and leaned on the headrest, closing his eyes shut as he did so. This was all so tiring. So, so tiring.

He wondered when this would all stop, or if it would even stop. He wondered when he would wake up and if this was just all a dream. Maybe he had fallen into a coma and this was all some kind of a sick coma dream? Or what if he was really not a human but a dog that’s sleeping and dreaming of surreal things.

Surreal… This was all so surreal.

Jimin had learned it the hard way that unexpected things do happen. His mom passed away when he was just very young and his dad died when he was 14. But this…all of this was too much. Heck, he was supposed to have a showcase next week. He should be worrying about that, not this.

“Hey,” he heard Suga spoke. It was soft, not the usual sharp and scolding tone he used to Jimin.

“Mmm,” Jimin grunted, eyes still closed.

“You need to change your clothes. I’ve brought several in that duffel bag in the backseat. Just change in the backseat so it would be easier for you,” he said, voice still soft. If Jimin would just listen closely, you could even hear concern somewhere.

Jimin cracked one eye open. “Have we lost them?”

“Not yet, that’s quite impossible for now.”

Jimin nodded. It’s so funny how he was able to be so serene at this moment when the car’s speed was so fast and a bunch of other cars were chasing them.

Maybe it was because the car’s engine was so smooth you’d feel like you’re flying.

Maybe it’s because he was so done that he couldn’t care about their pursuers anymore.

Maybe it’s because Suga, who was the one driving the car at possibly full speed, was calm and composed the whole time.

Jimin was pretty sure it’s the last one. He couldn’t really feel any fear as if he was being pursued by people who wanted to kill him when this man beside him was acting like nothing was happening, even sighing calmly despite the fact that he was driving too fast Jimin couldn’t make out anything they passed.

“Thank you, hyung,” Jimin whispered softly, knowing that Suga didn’t hear.

He unbuckled his seatbelt and struggled to climb and crawl towards the backseat without losing his balance since the car was moving too fast. It was quite a help that he was good at dancing.

He was determined to change his clothes. He did not really like the idea of being chased while wearing a skirt, with no underpants at that.

•••|SG|••|JM|•••

Suga did hear the soft ‘thank you’, ears already trained to hear even the softest of sound.

He smiled.

===========================

I’m so deprived of Yoonmin feels nowadays that I just watch videos of them. We got Yoonmined though in the recent Run! BTS. It was just a little but it lightened up my heart so much. <3 Waaaaaaah, when would they announce that Yoonmin is actually real?! Cuz I freakin believe it is. FIGHT ME.