Won't Let You Go

REPLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was dark. The air conditioner on the wall created soft hum. It was at six in the morning when the alarm from Jackson's cell phone rang loudly. Jackson frowned, irritated with his own alarm sound. With his eyes half-opened he reached out his cell phone on the side table.

Jackson got up slowly, slid his phone's screen to turn off the alarm. He walked across the room to turn on the light then sat on his bed again while gulping water from his water bottle on the table.

Jackson opened the curtain and looked at the morning view through his window. The sky still looked grey; not really dark but it wasn't bright yet. He wondered how his day would be, bad day? Good day? Or just a plain one. He snatched his towel and went into the bathroom. After thirty minutes he came out from the bathroom, dried his hair, and started to get clothes. He chose white shirt and black skinny jeans and a grey hat over his dark hair. He was about going out his room when he looked at a piece of blank paper on the table and it instantly made him remember that he needed to write something.

He spun the pen in his hand while thinking about what he was going to write to her. After a while he started to write.

It's been years since I knew you. For me you are sure special. The bright smile you showed me at the first time we met is a blessing for me. You touch me with your sincerity, your warmth, and the things that you do show me how much you care about me.

You know, I do believe in God but after I met you, I believe God loves me more than the others, because He sends you. I may be not the best person to you, but you know I try so hard to be one. I may be not a person who opens the car door for you or showering you with bunch of red roses but you know I try so hard not to let you be alone when you need a shoulder to lean on, need a hand to help you carry on, or even a shirt to wipe your tears.

Now, can I hold your hands one more time? Just to make myself sure you belong to me. Can I run into your arms? Just to make myself sure you make me yours.

Jackson put down his pen and looked at his letter proudly. He smiled to himself, thinking about her reaction when she read the letter. She probably reacts with her usual giggle and signature laugh, or maybe she would cringe and give him a whack, and the last thing he expected from her reaction is, she smiles at him with her teary eyes, asks him to hold her hand and invites him to enjoy the silent walking side by side.

He then got up from his seat, got his bag and shoes, and went outside his apartment with a light heart.

----------------

Youngji observed her reflection in the mirror, tried to find flaws in her appearance. It was eight o'clock and she was getting ready in her room. She was wearing off shoulder peach floral skater dress with wheat-colored lace at the edge of the skirt. It was the best choice in hot summer. And she made messy bun for her burgundy hair. After putting on her natural color lipstick as the final touch, she wore her white sneakers, grabbed her handbag and walked to the front door of her apartment.

It was Sunday morning and the weather was kinda warm, it's probably getting hotter in the afternoon, but still people seemed enjoying being outside with friends and family. She had no problem with people who called her and even complimented her beauty. Smiling and saying thank you were always her favorite things to do. She loves to be friendly to everyone. she wore her sunglasses and walked along the street.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter