The Problem We Have

REPLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Youngji took out her cell phone from her bag and texted her manager to pick her up because she had finished her practice with Jinyoung. The event was in next two days and this was the last day she practiced in the JYP’s studio with Jinyoung and their wonderful vocal instructor. It was one of the most amazing experiences in her life, having collaboration with such a talented singer, even though she had a little tiny problem with Jackson but she was being professional, their personal issue shouldn’t get in the way.

She bowed and greeted their vocal instructor before he left the room. Jinyoung stayed in the studio with Youngji. “So, are you leaving now, Youngji-ssi?” He asked her.

“Yes, I just need to wait for my manager. She was picking the dress for the performance. I think, she will be here in thirty minutes.”

“Ah, okay.” Jinyoung nodded. “I bet you’ll look great in any dress.”

Youngji chuckled. “Well, thank you.” Youngji said, “But, I don’t think some people like how I dress.”

“Well, we cannot please everybody, right?” Jinyoung said, “There are always haters.”

“Yes, you’re right.” Youngji added, “They don’t just hate my dress, they basically hate me.”

“Ah, don’t say that. I’m sure you have a lot more fans.” Jinyoung said in disagreement. “I saw your video when you have a fan meeting in Japan. They’re crazy about you.”

Youngji smiled. She appreciated how Jinyoung tried to make her happy. “You saw that? It was long time ago.”

“It doesn’t matter. People here, including me, said that you have great personality, they love you.  And of course BamBam said more epic opinion about you.”

Youngji laughed with her signature laugh. She could imagine how BamBam would say every nice thing he knew about her. He’s such a nice boy.

“It’s almost lunch time,” Jinyoung looked at his watch, “my members will be there in a few minutes, we have practice at two, so I think they will have lunch here. If you don’t mind, would you like to join us?”

Youngji thought, “Erm… is it okay if I join you guys?” Youngji felt hesitant. “I’m afraid some of you will … you know, a little bit uncomfortable with me around.”

“And ‘some people’ means… Jackson?” Jinyoung cut the chase.

Youngji sighed and smiled bitterly, shrugged her shoulder.

 “Don’t worry about him. He was just… being himself right now.” Jinyoung said, hopping Youngji didn’t really worry about Jackson. “But…” he added, “I’m sorry if it’s personal. But, I’m really curious about your relationship with Jackson. What is your relationship?” They sat relax on the floor.

Youngji laughed, “Relationship? What relationship?”

“Well, I don’t know. You tell me.”

“Nothing. We’re friends. Like me and you, and BamBam, and Yugyeom, and others.”

“But I don’t think that way. I saw you and Jackson’s relationship back then and now. It’s kind of… I don’t know, one day you acted like siblings, sometimes like lovers, but sometimes it’s so intense, like now.” Jinyoung said, “You always quarrel with him over small think if I’m not mistaken.”

“Oh, come on, Jinyoung-ssi.” Youngji chuckled, “he is Jackson. He quarrels with everybody.”

“Yea… you’re right.” They laughed together.

“Omo, I don’t think it’s good talking behind him.” Youngji said, but she couldn’t stop her giggle still.

“You know what?” Jinyoung said after conflicting with himself whether telling her this or not. “I think Jackson likes you.”

Youngji spurted a little bit of the water she drank from her tumbler. “YA~  Jinyoung-ssi!” she shouted, “No way!”

“Yes he does. Not, like for friend, but romantically like.”

“He won’t. Why do you assume that?” Youngji asked.

“I’m not assuming. I’m sure. We are sure!”

“We? Do you mean everyone in Got7 assume the same way about me and Jackson?”

“Yes!” Jinyoung said bluntly.

“So, you were discussing about him without him knowing?” Youngji started to giggle.

“Well, we don’t really sit in the round table and talk about him. But… yeah, there’s some point where we understand what had happened to him without him telling us, simply observing from how he acts.”

Youngji laughed widely. It’s kinda hilarious. “So, what kind of act did he do that make you guys assume that he likes me? Oh my God, this is so hilarious.”

“Erm…” Jinyoung tried to remember, “He acts like brat, and his mood goes up and down a lot easier these days, for the last couple months. And it reminds me of years ago, when you and he were in the Roommate show together, he acts almost like those days. I even once, accidentally, heard him talking about you with someone on the phone.”

Youngji nodded. She honestly didn’t really understand how to react. It was not the topic that she expected to pop up considering this was the first time she talked with Jinyoung about other things beside work.

“It’s almost two weeks.” Jinyoung continued, “He mad at me for not telling him I have a duet project with you, and he also won’t speak to me except for something about work.”

Youngji couldn’t avoid for being guilty hearing that. She looked at Jinyoung, feeling sorry with the situation. But she couldn’t regret with her decision taking this opportunity, because it’s the chance for her to be on stage again, singing, after several years.

Jackson is clearly a friend she cherished so much. He had given her a lot of experience of friendship. It did sometimes tiring because she had to deal with his temper, but beside that everything was alright. Yes, she had to keep everything inside at the beginning, trying to be as professional as possible but after years this became easier to keep everything in hiding, including unnecessary feeling.

So, listening to Jinyoung’s words about Jackson who might like her was something beyond her imagination, even based on her personal opinion it was impossible. But, if it’d happened she wasn’t so sure it would work out good, it would be a tiring relationship, wouldn’t it?

“I’m sorry, Jinyoung-ssi. I’m not expecting he acted like this.” Youngji said in sympathy.

“Naah… it’s okay. It’s not your fault. He just…. As I said, Jackson is just being himself.” Jinyoung said, “beside, today is our last practice together, and day after tomorrow when the performance’s over I think he’s gonna be okay.”

Youngji smiled, feeling a little bit at ease because of his words but also bit bitterness because this new experience for her carrier was almost over. Besides, Jinyoung is a good guy, and handsome too.

“So… is that smile means you’ll join us for lunch?”

Youngji laughed with her laugh Jinyoung thought was cute. They was talking about each other’s favorite food and Youngji ended up telling Jinyoung that she likes all food, so she basically will eat everything served for her.  And at this moment destiny played its role cruelly. She wasn’t finished her laughed yet when suddenly Jackson came into the room with cellphone in his hand and earphone was hanging on his shoulder, along with BamBam, Yugyeom, JB, and Mark.

Youngji looked at him who stared back at her then turned to Jinyoung who was also half laughing. Jackson smirked and sat on the couch without saying anything. Youngji didn’t feel good with his smirk.

After a while the whole pack of Got7, except Jackson of course, had sat around Youngji while talking and joking around. Youngji knew they all were trying to make her comfortable, so she decided to appreciate it and being a nice guest by blending with their insanity, she loved it knowing how cute Mark’s laugh was and funny Yugyeom was, brutally funny.

 They decided to order their lunch after Youngji got message from her manager who probably be a little bit late. So, bunch of burbers, fries, and spicy chicken arrived after waiting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter