The Call: Flashback

REPLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji yawned and lazily stretched her body under her warm blanket. She tried to open her eyes while adapting to the sunlight that came through her window. She moved her hand around under her pillow, looking for her cell phone. She remembered leaving her cell phone beside her pillow last night.

She slid her phone screen to unlock it and immediately saw a lot of notifications lined up on the upper side of her screen. She opened the notification one by one just to find 200 new followers for her Instagram account; 1.453 new 'likes' for her reunion photo with former KARA members. They had a wonderful and memorable reunion last night. Youngji opened the photo and smiled looking at it. In the photo, Hara kissed her cheek while Gyuri and Seungyeon were too busy shoving the Samgyupsal bites into their mouth.

Then, Youngji opened her family group on Kakaotalk. There were bunch of messages and photos from her sister who was traveling to Italy with her fiancé. They looked happy and excited in front of the Pisa Tower. While her parents sent messages in turn under the photos her sister sent. 'Why were they arguing on the chat room?' Youngji thought.

Youngji then opened her missed call and found her Production Director's number on the list. It was 6.30 A.M. Youngji turned her head to look at her clock. 08.04 AM. She got up and sat straight on her bed, calling her PD, gulped down water from her yellow water bottle and cleared her voice right before PD answered her call.

"Hello, Youngji-ah." Director answered.

"PD-nim, I'm sorry, I just got up." Youngji Said. "Why did you call so early? Is there anything wrong?"

"I know today is your day-off, but can you come to office at 10 maybe?" Director asked, "I have something important to talk to you. And it's like very important." He emphasized the word Very.

"Oh, okay... I'll be right there." Youngji Said, wondering why the PD sounds so nervous or excited, she can't really tell. "Do you want me to bring you some coffee or other?"

"Yes, sure. Can I ask for the Dutch milk from your family's café? They are really good."

"Ok, then."

Youngji kicked her blanket off her body. It was the blue blanket, the same blanket that she used on Roommate show five years ago. Half running, she dashed to the bathroom.

An hour later, Youngji got out f her apartment room. She wore loose white shirt, pair of grey jeans, and her favorite black sneaker wedges that made her 5 cm taller, and of course her black studded backpack. She made a messy bun for her burgundy colored hair. Youngji locked her apartment door while answering her manager call that had waited her in the parking lot of her apartment building. She looked at her reflection on the lift door and was satisfied with her simple and fresh make up today.

"Oppa!" Youngji waved to her manager who had waited in the car and immediately hopped onto the car in the front seat. "Let's stop by my cafe, Oppa. I want to take PD-nim's drink."

In ten minutes they arrived in Youngji's Family coffee shop, and it took another ten minutes before Youngji showed up from inside of her family's café, bringing two cups of Iced Americano and a plastic bag with Dutch Milk inside.

"Oppa, what do you think PD-nim wants to talk to me?" asked Youngji while giving one of her Iced Americano to her manager.

The car started to move. Youngji sipped her Iced Americano.

"Well, I don't know. He just called me this morning, and asked me to pick you up."

Youngji nodded. It was unusual that PD-nim suddenly called her on her day off. Since KARA was disbanded PD nim promised Youngji to support her career. Youngji knew that her career was still not like she'd expected but she was grateful enough because she could still join some drama, variety show and musical project.

Youngji took out her phone from her pocket. She the crack at the corner of her cell phone. It appeared after she dropped it from her bed. She opened her instagram.

"oppa!" youngji yelled and invited her manager to pose for her Instagram post. She let out her unique laughter which has no sound with mouth wide opened when her manager showed her his crazy eyes pose.

All giggly, she posted the photo she just took on her Instagram. Then, she checked her own timeline just to find funny picture of Brian and of course a lot of her sister posts. Her thumb stopped on a new post. The photo was a collage of 4 different pose of one person.

Wang Jackson

He looked all sweaty and tired in the photo, he probably had finished a show, a concert or simply a practice, Youngji couldn't really tell. How are you Jackson? She thought, you look thinner; did you lose some weight on a diet or just because of your busy and hard work schedule?

Wang Jackson. Five years ago that name always brought her in various moods. She always laughed until her heart contented, blushed and felt warm in her face, felt like butterflies danced happily in her stomach, felt annoyed, felt upset, felt protected, felt like she had the best friend in the universe. Don't ask about feeling, because she never knew exactly whether she looked at him as an attractive man, -well, he is attractive,- or she looked at him simply as a best friend. Actually, she never thought that she needed to complain with the bickering between her and Jackson, because she knew that their bickering will never make them to hate each other. Annoying? Of course it was annoying, who wouldn't think it was annoying? Their bickering was indeed irritating, especially for Dong Wook. But there was always times when they sit side by side, talking about serious things.

Youngji recalled her days in Roommate's share house, recalled her roommate brothers and sisters.

That night they were sitt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter