Jackson... I'm Sorry

REPLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji was sitting on the bench in the park near her apartment; wearing her black jeans and maroon varsity jacket and a pair of grey boots. Her face half covered with her mask and hair strands. She had changed her burgundy hair into her natural black color, making her light skin looked glowing and even lighter. She held two cans of warm canned-coffee; rolled them in her hands to keep her hands warm.

The dim light of yellow park lamps hugged her warm, creating her shadow on the caramel-colored leaves on the ground. A cool breeze blew slowly, caused her to shiver and pulled her jacket tighter. She could hear the weak noise from the leaves because of the wind.

She looked at her watch. It showed 12.35 AM. She looked impatient; stretched her neck to look around. In a while she saw a familiar person ran toward her, waving like crazy with his big grin.

“HOW COULD YOU!” She yelled, but not too loud because it had been past midnight already. “I’ve been waiting for thirty minutes!” she said while giving him the warm coffee.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” Jackson said, panting. Both of his hands carried big shopping bags.

Youngji did look pissed. She opened her coffee and drank it while staring at Jackson and his sorry puppy eyes. Be strong, Youngji! Don’t look at those eyes! Be strong! Don’t give up!

“What if someone attacked me?” She said.

“I’m so sorry, Youngji-ah.” Jackson sat beside her, “my flight was delayed and I forgot to tell you.”

“It’s cold, you know!”

“That’s why I brought you this from Japan.” Jackson hurriedly opened the yellow shopping bag and took out a peach long coat. He wrapped the coat around Youngji. “It’s warm, isn’t it?” he asked.

Youngji caressed the coat. It’s so smooth and light, didn’t feel like she was wearing a heavy coat, yet it felt so warm and comfortable on her skin.

“You know, it’s not gonna sway me.” Youngji stubbornly said, half-hearted, because in fact she loved the coat.

“I know.” Jackson said. “I don’t apologize with this; this is my present for you.”

“So, why do you call me here?” Youngji asked, opened the canned-coffee in Jackson hands and gave it back to him to drink.

“I want to give you these.”Jackson pointed the shopping bags in front of him, “I found a lot of cute stuff in Japan and I thought it would be cute on you too.”

“What??” Youngji stared at him; speechless. She helplessly chuckled. “Oh my God! I thought you have something more important than this.”

“I do have.” Jackson said, “Seeing you.”

And another cool breeze blew her long hair. Youngji felt like the universe gave its best to make the situation so dramatic, like drama she played on.

“And when you asked that what if someone attacked you? I would say, ‘I’ll kill them’.”

Youngji chuckled. “You’re kidding, right? You sound like a psychopath.”

“Well, maybe.” He grinned, feeling silly himself.

A single golden leaf spun down as it took an invisible circle ladder. The cool air blew and shook it slightly before it continued swirling in the air and finally landed on Youngji’s lap. The night was getting later, the air was getting colder, but she somehow felt warm. It wasn’t just because the coat Jackson gave her, but it was more like inside her heart. She was comfortable in the middle of this chilly air.

She couldn’t lie. She was always feeling comfortable and warm whenever Jackson was around. She liked it; his presence. Eventhough she didn’t really long for him yet when he wasn’t around; or maybe she avoided to feel that way, she blocked as strong as possible to feel longing toward him.

“So, what’s up, Jackson?” Youngji asked.

“Well, I sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter