Chapter eight

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay so now listen, the first scene we can focus on is the first murder. Its on-" Seokjin slammed his hand on the desk, interrupting Jaehwan. He had gone to his office the next day, just like he promised, but he wasn't exactly in the best mood. They had been discussing a little about the murders that had happened and when his parents were mentioned, Seokjin had lost his cool. 

"No, you listen. The first thing I am going to investigate is not that damn murder, but its my parents' accident, or should I say their murder." Jaehwan's eyes widened in surprise, but he managed to look calm again. 

"How did you know?" He asked, his voice filled with surprise. 

"I'm not stupid" Seokjin whispered. "And also...I had a little talk with my parents before they..left. They confirmed it." 

"Oh." That was all that Jaehwan was able to say. 

"So its clear that they were killed, but...who or what  crashed that car?" Seokjin asked, eyeing him suspiciously. 

Jaehwan sighed in defeat. "We did it." Seokjin's eyes widened in shock. 

"Wait, what?!" 

"We. We were the ones who did it. The police." 

"But..but..why?" 

Jaehwan sighed again. "Its because we are suspecting something serious about those serial killers and we don't want the public to know, they shouldn't know that even two really skilled investigators were victims of them. The less they know, the safer they are." 

Seokjin stayed silent for a few moments trying to analyse the situation. "But..what are you suspecting of?" 

"Your parents were the one who had the idea and as time passed the more real it seemed. We can't tell you since you aren't completely one of us, but looking at how smart you are...maybe you'll figure it out eventually." 

Seokjin had no idea what this meant, but he decided to let it go for now as he sat on the chair, slightly tired. 

                    ☆☆☆

His bloodshot and tired hazel eyes were almost begging him to stop whatever the hell he was doing and close them for a few seconds, minutes, hours or even days. But his stubborn head didn't want to listen. Two days without eating,sleeping or resting and now his whole body was aching and he had never felt this tired before. His face must have looked really bad, because when Namjoon saw him, his expression changed immediately. 

"Jin! Oh my god, are you okay? You look like you haven't slept in weeks. Why haven't you taken care of yourself?" As Namjoon pulled him into a tight hug almost suffocating him with that woodsy cologne, Seokjin felt as if his tiredness went all away. But then he remembered. Namjoon had a girlfriend. He couldn't stay that close to him. Frowned, he pulled away. 

"Yes I am okay. Its just that I have been busy, working with...you know." Namjoon looked at him softly as he came closer to Seokjin and pinched his cheek, making Seokjin pout. 

"Ah, I see. But don't t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter