Chapter four

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He had cried before and the unsteady sound of that heart monitor that broke the deadly silence in his parents' room made him want to shed tears again. But he couldn't. He was too tired, too numb.

He opened the door slowly, studied the room and went in. His parents were laying in two separate beds in a room with white walls, darkened by the closed grey curtains that were blocking the faint sunlight. 

He went to his mother's bed slowly and kneeled down. As he looked at her beautiful face that was wounded with fresh scars, he couldn't help but hold his mother's cold hand. 

"Mom..." He let out a small whisper. 

No reply. 

"M-mom..." His voice cracked. If the heart monitor wasn't there, he would have thought they were really dead. 

"D-don't cry, s-sweetie." A weak, but sweet voice made him open his eyes suddenly and look at his mother. 

"Mom, you...you're awake?" 

"Yes..but not f-for long." She whispered lightly, opening her tired eyes.

"Mom, don't leave me, please! I don't want to be alone..." 

"You will get used to it, honey..." He heard another voice and turned around to look at his father. 

"Dad.." Seokjin whispered, ready to cry. 

"We are sorry, Seokjin...b-but we couldn't make it. We are so sorry..." 

He left his mother's bed and leaned against the cold hospital wall. So this was it. There was no going back. They were going to be gone soon, maybe even in the next few minutes. He felt sad, sadder than before. But he couldn't stay there and just watch. 

"So this is the end, huh?" He whispered to himself. "You''re both going to be gone, and I'm gonna be left alone." 

"Youre not going to be alone, Seokjin. You'll have friends and people who care about you. They'll be there." 

Seokjin frowned, remembering that apart from Namjoon, he didn't have any other true friend. And even Namjoon right now was leaving him alone. He tried to change the subject to something that would help him understand. 

"So uh mom, dad... about your car accident..." They focused their full attention at Seokjin now. 

"I saw and heard some things that led me to believe that...it wasn't a car accident. You were attacked..." He stared at his parents with hope in his eyes, trying to guess what would happen next. 

His mother turned to look at his father with tears in his eyes.  "I-I told you he would guess that, dear." Then she turned at Seokjin. 

"Even though...even though we weren't there for you, because we were rarely home, you still grew up to be an intelligent and handsome young man. We are so proud of you." 

Seokjin felt his lips wanting to curl into a small smile, but he stopped them when he realised that his parents didn't deny his theory. So it wasn't just a theory after all. 

"So is it true? But who did it?" He asked, his voice filled with worry. 

"You'll have to find out on your own, honey. You'll have to find him. It was the serial killer, the one who did those crimes. You have to collect evidences, find him and his friends, be cautious and bring justice to all those victims' families. You can..do it. You are quite intelligent." 

Seokjin stopped to think for a moment, trying to analyse what his mother has just said. His eyes widened in surprise as he turned to look at both of them. 

"Are you saying that...that I shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter