Kingdom of Roselium: Sleeping Beauty?

I'm not Trespassing, I'm a Detective

Joshua seriously hated assignments that were hard. Granted all of them had their hard parts but this one was trying to kill him. He had to dodge a falling brick, jump steps as they fell from underneath him, and nearly got poisoned from a snake that was likely put in the area leading to the tower room to stop people in their tracks. He needed a vacation after this. A long one.

Slowly moving the piece into place, Joshua waited to hear that tell-tale click of the door unlocking. Time to face the music, or the person at the center of the curse. All Joshua had managed to glean from books and scribbles journals was that someone had been jealous. Either over who the crown prince was going to marry or because of who he had been flirting with at the time. A case of jealously gone deadly wrong, so Joshua assumed.

He pushed the door open, covering his mouth with his sleeves, gun aimed out. Anything old was either dusty or falling apart, and Joshua thanked the stars he never had allergies or he’d be useless in this line of work.

The room was round, to match the tower no doubt. It was in nice condition. Too good of a condition, as if it was suspended in time, unlike the other areas of the castle. He had a bad feeling about this. It was too fresh, too still. Gritting his teeth, he moved forward, making sure not to step on anything suspicious lest he accidentally set of a trap if there was one. The source of this curse was sleeping in that bed. Time to wake up sleeping beauty.

If only there wasn’t a magical barrier around said bed. “.” He sighed. “I’m so over this.”

Joshua started looking around the floor, hoping to see a trigger or something that would make it drop. It wasn’t as if he brought magic breaking bullets. Those were special equipment that the agency didn’t give out all wily nilly, even if it would helpful right about now.

“Thank goodness.” It was a barrier carved into the stone bricks that made up the floor around the bed. Something easily taken care of. 

Moving over he took that lovely shovel he found from the antechamber and forcefully hit one of the semi cracked stones. Once, twice, a third time and it broke, dropping the barrier.

Now all Joshua could hope was that the person who was causing this was still alive and not some skeleton.  Bracing himself he pushed back the curtains, only to let out a noise of surprise.