Home?: Blue's a Wonderful Cure

I'm not Trespassing, I'm a Detective

“Blue really missed you,” Chan said, smiling as the dog slobbered his owner.

Joshua laughed, letting the Labrador smother him in dog saliva. “Well, I was a bit busy this time. I’m back now. On vacation, even.”

 “Good,” he teased, “I don’t want you or your dog to darken the doorstep of our business.”

He shook his head, gently pushing Blue to sit. “You’re lucky you’re the owner’s son or else I wouldn’t take this sort of treatment.”

“Did you bring a prince back this time?” He asked.

Chan was largely curious about Joshua’s line of work. Sometimes he wondered if he wanted to join the agency. But he was young. Whatever he decided it would depend on how he passed training.

“Something of the sort,” Joshua said, gently putting Blue’s leash on.

“How about huge monsters? Did you fight any?” Chan pushed forward on the counter, looking at Joshua with sparkling eyes.

Smirking at him, Joshua shook his head. “Classified business. I’ll see you around town Chan. Don’t bother the other detectives yea?”

“You all never tell me the good stuff anyhow,” he muttered, a bit annoyed.

“Classified,” Joshua said with a laugh. “You have to get used to that.”


Joshua had run all of the errands he had needed to before going back to the office to pick up Jeonghan.

The prince had a rather pensive look on his handsome face, as if he were trying to figure things out but nothing clicked in his mind.

“Rough first day,” Joshua probed gently.

“Of the sort,” Jeonghan said quietly, looking out the window.

Humming, Joshua nodded in sympathy. “I might have a cure for that.”

“A kiss,” Jeonghan asked, his face brightening at the thought.

Joshua would’ve choked in surprised if he wasn’t used to really weird, out-of-the-blue things happening to him in his line of work. “No,” he chuckled. “Nothing of that sort of comfort.”

“Pity,” he said, throwing himself back into the chair. “A kiss from a lovely person would’ve perked me up rather well.”

“It’s more of the fun variety. You need some exercise anyhow, sleeping all those years doing nothing.”

Jeonghan made a noise in his throat. “Are you calling me fat?”

Snickering, Joshua continued to drive them home. “If the shoe fits your highness.”

Jeonghan turned his nose, ignoring Joshua for the scenery.

“But no. It’s more like you’re no longer muscled or at least used to things I think. He’ll give you a great workout.”

“He?”

“You’ll see,” Joshua smiled.


Jeonghan groaned, throwing himself on the grass, ignoring the dog who hovered over him.

Joshua sat on his chair, laughing at how quizzical Blue looked. He must’ve wondered how this new human got tired so quickly. “Would you like some juice Jeonghan? Quench your thirst?”

“Your dog,” he panted, slowly getting up, “is really energetic.”

“Blue’s good for exercise, a hug, cuddles. He’s good for a lot of things.” Joshua smiled lovingly as Blue trotted over to him. Smoothing down the golden fur, he said, “Blue is a good cure for your own blues even.”