Kingdom of Roselium: Magic Helps Heaps as do Gods and Goddesses

I'm not Trespassing, I'm a Detective

Still fuming a bit, Joshua followed behind Jeonghan silently. Maybe after he got over almost being smeared against the tower walls he’d actually speak to the guy. Until then he’d keep his mouth shut.

“That necklace,” Jeonghan said, ducking under yet another branch, “will be the key to help us take Hana down. I’m rather thankful you managed to find it and that it accepted you.” He sent a smile Joshua’s way. “Have I thanked you for waking me up yet?”

“You have,” Joshua snapped. “It’s my job. No need to thank me.” No one ever said that Joshua didn’t know how to hold a grudge. He was petty that way. He had a good reason to be anyhow.

Jeonghan’s smile never faltered.

Joshua grimaced back at him. “How much longer?”

“I really am sorry,” Jeonghan said, once again staring into Joshua’s eyes. Blinking softly, Jeonghan’s lashes slowly hit the top of his cheeks, a pretty picture to match the prince’s handsome face. But it wouldn’t sway Joshua.

Calmly, keeping his voice steady, “You don’t get to play with other people’s lives just because you’re a prince, your highness,” he spat. “Think about other’s before you go try playing god.” He turned away and stopped dead.

Getting a good long look at the huge stone doors sticking out in between a huge tree, he said softly, “I guess this is what we’re looking for.”


Jeonghan had been the one to get them through the doors. The prince knew his stuff it seemed. Joshua followed him as Jeonghan got them to the center of the room.

In the middle there was a dais, and suspended in that dais was a wand. A magical one. It reeked of magic.

“Here is where I’ll need that necklace.” Jeonghan turned to Joshua, hands going towards the chain. “May I?”

Joshua lowered his head, allowing Jeonghan to take the chain away.

He pressed the pendant into an indentation and slowly the glass around the wand lowered, leaving the wand open for the taking. But Jeonghan didn’t take it. “The wand is for you,” he said, looking over to Joshua’s confused face. “The wand can only be wielded by the one who has the necklace.”

“But it used to be yours,” Joshua protested.

“That’s where you’re wrong,” he explained, “I had it yes. But it was given to me in a box and then I simply dropped the necklace into my statue. It was never mine. It chose you and so the wand is yours.”

“And what are you going to have then to defend yourself.” Joshua wasn’t about to take the only weapon and leave the prince defenseless.

“My sword,” Jeonghan answered with a huge grin. “It’s here too. We’ll get it and confront Hana.”

“Isn’t it just a sword? What could be so special about it?” Joshua eyes were nearly bugging out. Did the prince think that because it was his sword it’d be good enough?

Jeonghan laughed. “It’s been blessed by the goddess Roselia. It’ll be just fine. It was a present from her.” He waved his hand towards the wand. “Now let’s arm ourselves and save the kingdom.”