Kingdom of Roselium: Burn baby burn

I'm not Trespassing, I'm a Detective

Joshua stared at the damn spider for a few minutes before going back to inspecting the statues. None of them seemed to have anything, but he stopped in front of the crown prince’s statue. Remembering that pushing his arm down activated the door he started to look more closely. As he circled he looked at every little cranny until he got back in front.

The sun decided to make itself known through the stained glass, glaring down at him. But it was at that moment something glinted in his eyes. He looked. There was something down the statue’s jacket. In the hollow where the jacket closed, something was there.

Joshua rifled through his bag for a knitting needle. It was an odd tool but given the slimness and the fact that it was metal it had its uses. Like right now. Sticking it down the hollow, he fished for the glimmering object, shouting out a small, “Yes.”

Lifting it Joshua saw a necklace. One with a medium sized rose pendant, the symbol of the kingdom. Considering that the prince hid it in here, no doubt it’d have its uses later on. Joshua pulled it over his head, tucking it into his shirt. Better to keep it close than to have to get lost if his bag was suddenly snagged. Too many of those experiences taught Joshua better.

To deal with the spider now. He eyed it distastefully. Ugly thing. If only it squished as easily as small ones. Pity he couldn’t burn it.

Wait. Burn it. A gleeful smile came onto his face.


Taking the bucket of oil, he splashed it liberally around the spider and on it, running after it started to shriek. From the dais of the statues he lit a match. Smiling, he threw it on the oil, quickly hiding behind the statue of the crown prince once more.

He heard an inhuman screech as the thing most likely caught fire. Peeking from the statue’s shoulder, he grinned as the spider burned. When in doubt, do as Soonyoung would always do. Burn down.