Home? Ch 2: Home is Where you are

I'm not Trespassing, I'm a Detective

Joshua gave Jeonghan a small smile. “C’mon,” he said, tilting his head towards the door, “let’s get to the DH unit. A bit of paperwork and we’ll have you situated in no time.”

Jeonghan looked sort of, sad, sitting there in his borrowed clothes. His own were taken to be examined and then discarded if they couldn’t be cleaned. Unless the prince requested them back. They were old and a bit musty, but Jeonghan might want them back simply for pure attachments sake. He didn’t look odd wearing a black fitted t-shirt and pants; he looked nice, but it weirded Joshua out a bit. He must’ve been too used to seeing Jeonghan in his princely get up.

Nodding, Jeonghan got up, following Joshua. A bit like a puppy even. Oh lord. If he started to compare Jeonghan to a puppy he’d want to take Jeonghan home with him like he did Blue. No. He had no use for a flirty prince.

He pushed the door open. “Hey. Got another one for you,” Joshua said to Seungkwan.

“The Prince of Roselium?” Seungkwan pushed up his fake glasses with a grin.

“Yea,” Joshua answered. “Crown Prince Jeonghan.”

Jeonghan bowed. “Pleased to make your acquaintance.”

Seungkwan beamed. “I love princes. Their manners are so impeccable. Unlike certain other people,” he muttered near the end.

Joshua snorted. “Vernon’s polite. Just a bit too used to dismissing people.”

“Whatever,” Seungkwan said. “Now let’s see who’s willing to take a prince in for now.” He started to flip through his papers and folders, humming and shaking his head. “No, not them. Definitely not. Oh lord no. Maybe. This one perhaps.” He kept up his muttering.

Jeonghan turned to look at Joshua. “I’m not living with you?”

Joshua blinked his eyes, surprise shocking him. “What?”

“I thought you said we were going home. As in I’d be going home with you,” Jeonghan said, the hurt in his eyes shining through.

Sputtering, Joshua explained. “I don’t. I can’t. I’m on vacation. And I didn’t—“

“It’d work though,” Seungkwan pointed out, interrupting Joshua. “He knows you and you are on vacation. You can help him out and once he’s ready he’d leave your place and start work.”

“But I’m on vacation,” Joshua protested.

“Which makes it perfect,” Seungkwan said, nodding. He grabbed a file, flipped it open, and stamped it. “And you’re all ready to go. One prince residing with Detective Joshua Hong.”


Joshua sighed, pushing the door to his home open. “Well here we are. Nothing as grand as castle but it’s home.”

Jeonghan hummed. “It’s plenty nice Joshua. My castle is a pile of rubble anyhow,” he laughed.

“I’ll show you around the house tomorrow. All you need to know is the bathroom here,” pointing to the door with the toilet, “and your room for now here.” He opened a door, a blue themed guest room. “I’m too tired to do much so we’ll order take out and then sleep. There’s plenty of things to do tomorrow.”


Joshua trashed the empty cartons, sticking the leftovers in the fridge. Shuffling down the hallway, he led Jeonghan to his room. “Night,” he said yawning.

Jeonghan smiled at him. “Thank you for letting me stay with you.”

Pulling a face, Joshua grimaced. “I wasn’t given much choice but I’ll deal with it.”

“Home,” Jeonghan said softly, “for me, is where you are.”

“What?!” Blood rushed to Joshua’s head. What the hell was he talking about?

“I felt something when I woke up. Something about you,” Jeonghan replied, that smile secretive smile spreading on his face. “You are the key to my future Joshua. Whether or not you believe so.”