Chapter 10

Escape

The next morning, Namjoon woke up, smiling down at the sleeping girl in his arms. He gently pushed her hair away from her face, chuckling at her cute sleeping face as she snuggled in closer to him. He pressed a kiss to her forehead. “Morning.” He said, his voice a little rough from just waking up. “Morning.” She mumbled, still refusing to open her eyes. He chuckled at her, “Don’t you need to open the café?” he asked, wishing that they could just spend the day in bed together. She groaned as she finally opened her eyes, blinking sleepily up at him. “But I’m so comfy.” She said, whining slightly as she snuggled in even closer, burying her head into the crook of his neck.

 

He pressed a kiss to the top of her head, both of them lying there for a little longer before Sam pushed herself up. Namjoon chuckled at her messy hair. “So cute.” He teased as she tried to smooth down her hair which was doing a fantastic impression of a bird’s nest. “Shut up. It’s your fault it looks like this.” She moaned, memories of last night flashing through her head. Namjoon chuckled, a smug smile on his face. “I’m not gonna apologise.” He said with a cheeky smirk. She slapped his chest before slipping out of bed, grabbing his t-shirt as she went, slipping it on as she gave him a sly wink.

 

He chuckled darkly as she sauntered her way to the bathroom, knowing that he could see her half form as she walked. He threw the covers off, not caring about his own ness as he followed her to the bathroom, just in time to hear the water falling from the shower.

 

 

 

They went down to the café, Namjoon helping set things up while Sam got to work on making some cakes and cookies to put out. Jimin turned up not long after to help get things ready. Namjoon and Sam stole glances at each other throughout the morning, neither of them bothering to hide their smiles. Jimin pretended to be oblivious to their flirting, silently thanking any god that was listening when Taehyung finally turned up for his shift so that he didn’t need to be the third wheel anymore.

 

Not long after Taehyung arrived, Sam said that she needed to go out to do some errands, giving Namjoon a pointed look. He immediately jumped to his feet, offering to help her. Jimin laughed at the pairs badly veiled attempt to spend some time alone while an oblivious Taehyung simply waved to them. Jimin rolled his eyes at his friend’s obliviousness, planning on telling him what was going on as soon as the pair left.

 

Once they were out of the café, Namjoon slipped his hand into Sam’s, pulling her closer to his side. “So, what exactly is this errand you need to run?” he asked, his smirk showing that he knew that her errand was just an excuse to get them out of the café for a while. “Well, I heard there's a new ice cream parlour not far from here. I thought it warranted further investigation.” She said with a smile. Namjoon chuckled, “Lead the way.”

 

They made their way to the ice cream parlour, Namjoon insisting on paying for everything, telling her that since it was their first date, it was only right that he paid. They continued walking around the market as they finished their ice cream, the both of them picking some street food to eat as they went. After an hour of wandering, they stumbled across a karaoke bar. They decided to go in, Sam warning him that she was not a good singer. They sat in the small, private room, Namjoon sitting behind her with his head resting on her shoulder as they looked through the songs. They quickly made up a playlist and Namjoon grabbed the mic first.

 

He stood in front of her, feeling more nervous standing in front of her than when he had been on tour and sang and rapped in front of thousands of people. From the first note that left his mouth, she was hooked. She had already thought that his regular speaking voice was glorious, but it paled in comparison to his raspy singing voice and his rough rapping voice. She sat with literally open as he made eye contact with her, the words dripping off his tongue like honey.

 

When his song ended he looked at her for approval and all she could do was clap. “That… you… that was amazing!” she said, feeling completely stunned. He chuckled as he handed her the microphone as her song started up. She shook her head, “No way! How am I supposed to sing after that? I sound like someone squishing a cat in an accordion!” she wailed, making him laugh loudly at her description of her singing. “Come on.” He said, slipping the mic into her hand. She huffed loudly. “Fine. But I’m not getting up.” she said with a pout as she shyly started singing.

 

Namjoon sat beside her, playing with her hair. He chuckled at her as she sang, she wasn’t awful, but she wasn’t great either. But that didn’t matter to him, even though she was singing off key, he still thought that she was so cute and couldn’t take his eyes off of her. He applauded loudly as she finished up, making her blush. “Stop. I don’t come anywhere close to you. You could be a professional singer!” she said. He almost choked on air from her words, guilt filling him as he realised that she still had no idea who he really was.  

 

He pushed the thought away as they spent the next hour singing loudly, Sam’s embarrassment slowly melting away as they performed a powerful rendition of “My heart will go on” complete with the iconic scene from Titanic as the song reached its .

 

They slowly made their way back to the café so that Sam could help Taehyung with the closing. When they got back, Namjoon went to his room after making Sam promise that they would have dinner together. He pulled out his tablet and googled himself to see if there were any new news articles about his absence. His manager had released a statement to say that he had taken some time off because of health issues. He felt a little guilty as he read through the article and the emails from his manager, begging him to come back, but a part of him just wanted to be selfish. He had written more in the past two weeks than he had in the past several months and he hadn’t felt this free and relaxed for as long as he could remember. He slipped his tablet back into his bag, impatient for Sam to close the café so that they could have dinner together.