The Hidden truths

High & Low Finale

His steps were heavy, difficult to lift and hard to move forward. In his severe and harrowing life, he never imagined a mischievous doze of annoyance recklessly pushing its way closer and closer to him. Everything he wanted, everything he cared about, and everything he needed to protect were around the Sannoh Region. His daily reality was the same, even when the days became darker. They had to fight, they had to see their friends die. But there were also good days. Days filled with hope and happiness. But even those took another turn, as the fussing "punk" appeared in his life.

Nothing was the same. Even he couldn't recognize himself anymore. His actions were deviating. His mind covered with unusual thoughts. And those unfamiliar emotions, he couldn't handle. Every and each day, since he met that "punk" he had to deal with something new. Exhausting were those days. What would come next, he couldn't know. He couldn't guess. The leader of the Hoodlum Squad was able always to read people and situations. But now he couldn't hunch what the next moment would bring in his doorstep.

With his mind busy, and his steps heavy he had finally reached the Bar Odake. He pushed the door and stepped inside. Yamato and Noboru were already there drinking. It was already late, and like every night they would gather around the Bar Odake. To drink, to talk and sort out their problem each day. Only today the issue was Cobra. Since the previous night when he left with Kira, no one had seen him yet. Until now. He was wearing different clothes than yesterday, and surely those were not his clothes. They looked like old, and clothes that Cobra wouldn't wear.

"Where have you been?" Yamato asked him as he noticed his friend taking a seat next to the bar counter. He had never seen Cobra so beaten. "Did anything happen? I was worried. We looked for you and Kira, with Naomi last night. I even called you."

Noboru gazed at them both curious. Lately, he missed a lot of those Kira moments, since he was busy with college and Miho. "He never picks up his phone, if he is busy," he commented.

Cobra exhaled "I need a drink!" he said gazing at the Bar Odake Mama. He really wasn't in the mood to tell them what had happened. But even if he was, there was no way he would tell them any of that. Thinking only the mocking he would get. They already made fun of him, with his Inoki lines. Now, envision if they found out that he almost ended up marrying Kira. The leader of the Sannoh Rengokai married to that "punk". He shook his head and drunk the tequila (that the bar owner poured him a few seconds ago) one-shot.

"I'm alive. There is nothing more to add." he responded, making clear there was no way he would reveal anything else. "How are things here?" Cobra asked.

Yamato turned his body half aside and faced him like he was ready to tell him something important "Today I went with Rocky and Murayama at the area you send us yesterday."

"Oi! What did you find out?" Cobra asked him with a crawly look on his face.

"Those guys we fought back then when they had ganged up against Kira. We found them." Cobra's gaze turned into more serious as Yamato went on telling him "Though they were dressed into a school uniform. We followed them, and found they added an Elite High school."

Cobra tilted his head edging as he pressed his right fist against his jaw "High School students?" he asked confused.

"Yes. We found out they had some kind of competition going on. 'Whose gonna beat more people.' They had most videos as private upload. That's why we found only few." Noboru added seriously.

The leader of the Hoodlum Squad gave a fast glance at his friend "Noboru were you there also?"

"I called him. How would we enter high school? Only Noboru managed to get inside. The students took it as a game. The teachers interfered too. It was a big mess. The teachers managed to find out which students were behind it. We left them to handle it." Yamato concluded.

"Oi! Yamato you left the teachers to deal with it." Cobra said seriously.

Yamato nodded "The issue wasn't the school kids going through that."

"Then what?" Cobra asked him as he grabbed his shoulder.

"They were told (someone suggested) them to take the game around the SWORD districts." Noboru added.

Cobra rose his eyebrow "Eh? Who would do that?"

Yamato shook his head "We didn't find out. We read the comments on their side. There were others guiding them to bring the game in our region." He picked up his phone and showed Cobra the link.

"Let me" he sighed "send it to that punk, maybe her friend can help us to find something more. But it seems like a dead end."

Yamato send Cobra the link and agreed. Since the students were not a real threat. There should be someone else. At least one thing was sure: that the attacks ended around the five regions. But bigger threats were about to start. Because a shadow started moving around the five districts. And would bring more problems until they would make their final attack.

Cobra, after few minutes, sent an email to Kira. He included the link, and he explained what had happened. The bizarre thing was that his eerily feeling had collapsed and he casually contacted Kira like he would with any of his friends.


Meanwhile, Kira had also reached the Oedo family home. She had clean up Shin's room. She ended up with rings and bras she didn't really want. She hid them deep into Shin's old dresser. Everything she lived until that day around the Sannoh district was fun. But what had happened today was spooky. She was so close to being married. And to whom? the one that would always ruin her whoopee moments.

For Kira, Sannoh district became every day more of her neverland. She could fight, and she could express all her feelings without a care in the world. Everything seemed more like a game to the spoiled girl. It was a big playground where she could be herself. Though it almost came to an end. Now she would no more pose as a boy. In her eyes, it was Cobra's fault. But even if her cover was gone, she would keep facing her wonderland. She only needed to be careful that no one at home would find out.

She took off her shoes and walked into the main area. Yusuke (her brother), Yuki (her nephew), Kumiko and Shin were sitting there, and talking. They haven't seen Kira since the other day, but that was not what worried them. Kira waved and sat next to Yuki (who was all over her hugging his aunt and welcome her home).

"What's with all the serious faces?" Kira asked as she noticed they looked like something was bothering them.

Her brother glared at her "Today Ryusuke visit us."

Kira nodded as she was tickling Yuki "Yes, can you believe it. He is my manager. I was also shock to see him." then she suddenly turned and faced Shin "I also met Kumai. Dad, you didn't tell him I was back. He was so surprised to see me." Kira went on speaking about Kuma and Ryusuke.

"That's not the issue. I was also amazed to see Ryusuke after so long. But he told us you were out drinking." her brother said.

"Yes, we were at Naomi's after work. You know I am lately hanging with Naomi." Kira answered clueless.

"I know that. But you never bothered to tell us that it's around the Sannoh district!" Yusuke confronted her.

Kira lifted Yuki from her lap and let him sit next to her as she faced her brother "Yes, it's placed in the Sannoh region why is that a problem"

Shin and Kumi, only listened to their kids starting a fight. When they were younger, Yusuke and Kira fought all the time. But it has been years those two ever had a big fight.

"Did you ever know what happened there. How dangerous those parts can be. And you are wondering around late on those grounds?" her brother asked her worried.

"Of course I know, what happened there! Yet, I cannot enjoy walking alone. Even if i wanted, Cobra would show up!" she replied really annoyed as recalled since day-one he would bump into him.

"So since that Cobra guy will be there you will be saved?" Yusuke sighed as Yuki giggled remembering what his auntie told him about Cobra.

Though their loud discussion was cut off when Shin took place "Cobra? The Sannoh Rengokai Leader" he asked his daughter. Slowly even the Oedo family found out about SWORD. They heard who the leaders were. And above all the names Shin had heard, Cobra was the one that showed off mostly. Every detail Shin got about SWORD, Cobra was always included in it. Shin didn't take SWORD lightly, either their leaders. After all, it was SWORD who had dealt with the Kuryu group.

Kira's dreamland was about to get crashed. First her brother, and now Shin started to know more about the region she was so sure they never heard about. "Yes. He is their leader." she admitted "Well if leader you would call him." she mumbled as she really still couldn't see why Cobra was their leader. Sure he seemed strong. But was that enough to be their leader?

"Kira, I don't know what made you think Cobra like that. But don't take him lightly. If they have him as their leader there must be a reason. And if he indeed is always around you when you wonder the Sannoh district, then you should be thankful." Shin said seriously as he poked his daughter's head. Shin was one of the few that knew about Kira. Maybe as a father, he was keeping an eye on her. But he never interfered. He trusted Kira, as well as everyone. But he did one more thing the others didn't do, he wanted Kira to be herself. They others by trying to protect her they almost took away that part from Kira.

"But dad I have heard people died there. Will you just let her wander around those parts. Dad!" Yusuke demanded from Shin.

Shin laughed; his kids sometimes could really irritate him "Yusuke, I think Kira can handle herself around the Sannoh District, after all, it's not it's dangerous as it was. And secondly, if the leader is around her, well the only thing that can go bad for Kira is to be kicked out." he mocked his kids. Although he loved his kids, he knew exactly how spoiled Kira was, and in serious world that Cobra lived in it was given that he would kick the brat out. As for Yusuke, he had his good points but he could be annoying too. "Anyway, Yusuke let your sister be. And Kira doesn't act too spoiled." he said and grabbed Yankumi's arm.

Kumiko was spacing out, as she did most of the time. She was thinking about her students and the new issues they faced. "Eh?" she suddenly realized Shin grabbing her hand "Its school-parents meeting tomorrow. How will I .. I need too" she murmured thinking more about her students and spacing out again.

"Well, you see what your mother said." Shin joked as he pulled Kumi up and was pushing her to get upstairs "we will go and figure out that problem.. or maybe make you two another brother..."

"Eww dad no!" Kira said with a disgusting face expression "take mom and go."

"Too many details dad. And Yuki is here still." Yusuke added.

"Shin-Shin or make them a sister," Yuki commented making everyone laugh.

Shin took Kumiko in their room, where they talked about her "meeting the parents" issues. Yusuke and Yuki went also in bed, and Kira followed. She didn't manage to enter her room as she received an email. She closed the door behind her and sat on her bed. She looked at her phone and read the email It was from Cobra, telling her what had happened. She replied immediately: "I will forward the link to Ryu-kun tomorrow. If I have anything new I will contact you. You do the same. See you tomorrow"

It was a typical reply. She just answered back, without overthinking it. Shin allowing her to be around the Sannoh district, was like a gift. Kira could wander around the Sannoh parts without any worries. She made up her mind and go every evening and help Naomi.

"Though Dad can be odd. He just trusted Cobra like that." she mumbled to herself as it puzzled her mind all night. What exactly made Shin trusting Cobra like that. She only gave him a name, and he was already able to trust him. Just because he was a leader. Shin wasn't like that. If he trusted someone he was sure about that person.

Kira went on talking to herself until she gazed herself into the mirror she only then noticed she was wearing Cobra's shirt still. Then she just pulled closer to her nose and sniffed it. She was too tired to go on talking about her day. She crashed against her bed and fall asleep, with Cobra's odor slowly surrounding her.

(( upcoming chapter ~ Act 10 ~ ))


Note: