The Labyrinth

High & Low Finale

"Dan, Tettsu help them down from there. Be careful of the traps." Cobra said (referring to Ukyo and Sakyo who were still hanging.) Hoodlum Squad, Rocky, Takeshi, and Murayama had arrived in the Daruma Ikka district. They have noticed the strange maze (if maze you would call it), the two members of Daruma Ikka hanging and footsteps at the sandy ground.

Yamato took a closer look at the footsteps that were leading inside the maze. "Seems that Hyuga had already entered." he notified the rest and scanned the entrance. Chiharu nodded as he was walking behind him.

"Be on guard! Let's go!" Cobra said. Before passing through the entrance he glanced at Kira. Would "that punk" bring them more trouble if she went with them or would be more dangerous to leave her out?

But Kira broke his thoughts "I'm coming with you!" she half yelled (making clear that she wouldn't stay behind). Cobra didn't react at all he turned and walked into the maze. Telling her not too, could bring more danger. "That punk" could easily turn the safest place in a war zone. So if she was close to him, at least he could keep an eye.

Yamato and Chiharu followed Cobra inside. Seconds later the same did the rest. At first, the stayed as a team. It was getting darker, and walking inside the maze was a bigger issue. They come across with some traps, that wasn't even visible. They slowly noticed that it wasn't a maze. There was only one entrance and it was surely leading in one exit.

"It's not a Maze," Kira mumbled as she slowly understood what they were facing.

Cobra paused. Kira stepped behind him. He didn't turn to face her. He only moved his face a few inches to the right. "Explain?" he asked with a monotone. He had also noticed that the odd design of that place.

"It's like a unicursal Maze, like a Labyrinth. It doesn't have interconnected passages meant to be a challenge to navigate from start to end. We only have followed one path. It's like we will go through things until reaching the end." she explained.

Murayama looked at her "The end for us will be finding Hyuga?"

Kira nodded "Exactly. Usually, Labyrinths are a tool for meditation and spiritual growth. So, if you manage to pass through them you gain some extra power. But here it's set surely for another aim."

And Kira was right. This maze wasn't there to get them lost or anything. It seemed to be there for another reason. 'For once that punk was right.' Cobra acknowledged.

"One more reason to be extra careful!" Yamato added.

While all of them were trying to pass through the maze and find Hyuga. Yusuke arrived at the Daruma Ikka region. Even if Naomi explaining (in her best way) how Kira was connected with Sannoh Rengokai. He still saw them as bad news. And today's extenuating circumstance sounded really nasty and risky. He met with Dan and Tettsu (who had already helped Ukyo and Sakyo down.)

"Where are the rest?" he asked worried looking at the odd shape maze in front of him.

Tettsu pointed at the maze "They are already in."

He looked around trying to find an opening. But the entrance was already closed. "How did they get in?"

"From here," Dan answered pointing at the west side of the maze. "But you cannot pass through. The entrance is shut down."

"There should be a way!" Yusuke said loudly as he runs to the west part of the maze to find a way in.

Yusuke went on looking for a way to get inside.

"These should be the end!" Kira announced as she spotted Hyuga. Daruma Ikka's leader was laying at the end of the Labyrinth. He seemed beaten badly. Kira tried to run towards him. But she was pulled back by Cobra.

"Wait! Do you hear that?" he told her with a serious look in his face.

"I don't hear anything," Kira whispered.

Cobra with his grip around her wrist still, "Literally there is no sound at all!" he added. He turned and looked behind.

Kira turned also, as he pulled her with him. "There is no one. Where did they go?"

Cobra pulled her behind him and scanned the surroundings. Everyone, behind them, was gone. It seemed that they were attacked one by one from behind and no one noticed. Suddenly the fake walls started to recede. One after another was thrown next to Hyuga. They were also beaten and in bad shape.

Cobra and Kira didn't wait they rushed towards them. But they were too tired and too beaten to be able to tell them what had happened. Cobra pulled Yamato up "Oi! Yamato!"

Yamato smiled at him weakly "They got us!" Before he collapsed he raised his finger pointing behind Cobra at the Northside. Few odd men appeared with metal pipes on their hands and covered faces. Cobra acted really fast. He stood up and dragged Kira with him. The men were 5 and really didn't look that strong. 'How did they manage to beat everyone?'

But that question found its answer. The men didn't play fair. They reached close to Cobra and Kira and sprayed them. Both of them lost their senses. And the men started kicking and attacking with their pipes.

Later both opened their eyes, only to find out, they were also beaten like the rest. The men were still surrounding them. The taller one spoke "This is only a taste of the terror that we can unleash. Better you all start to agree to our next demands."

Cobra forced himself to sit up. He reached and pulled the Tall's man collar. "Agree? We don't make demands!" he made it clear glaring at him.

"You'll. How long can you stand against us." another man mocked.

"Hey, Hyuga are you alright?" Rocky asked him, as he ignored them. His wounds were serious, and he was still drugged as the rest.

Hyuga raised his hand waved, trying to tell them that he was alive. He couldn't though stand at all. The rest were also slowly sitting up and gathering their strength. The problem was that all were drugged and beaten. They weren't able to face another fight.

"They ignore me." one guy said.

As the tall one laughed "Should we teach them, to pay some attention."

"Blah- Blah! If you wanted to get someone's attention you should at least be fair. Attacking under the belt will not do that!" Kira voiced up. She was wounded and dizzy. But mostly she was angry because she ended up beaten without to strike back.

"Oh! What do we have here!" another man said as he noticed the yelling girl.

"Boss, they brought a girl with them!"

Cobra sighed once again there was Kira making things more serious. He gathered his fist trying to stand as he could tell that those men were going to strike again.

"Well, girl! We will see if you have the same opinion after we kick some sense into you!" the tall guy answered.

He pulled his pipe ready to hit Kira against the head. Kira noticed that and was about to crawl and roll away. Cobra only managed to move half of his body. The rest were also about to be kicked or punched.

Suddenly...

A loud noise made every one pause. They heard the sound of someone kicking threw the wall. Once, twice and the wall cracked. The first light passed through it. Then an oddly figure appeared. "Don't you dare touch them!" a loud voice echoed. Moments later they manage to see a woman. Every one of the men that was attacking, was speechless.

The tall man took his metal pipe and walked towards her. "What are you doing here?" he laughed at her. The rest of his men followed him.

The woman that was wearing a tracksuit and was in ponytails looked odder to others too. Not Cobra, or Rocky, or Takeshi knew her. Except for Kira. She blinked confusing not believing how that was even possible.

"You have done enough." the woman said serious.

"Who are you?" the tall man asked ready to attack her. He didn't care if she was a woman. His orders were to weaken SWORD and that was he was planning to do.

"I am their home teacher.." the woman said but stopped suddenly. 'What I am saying. They are not my students.' she thought and as fast as she could she tried to rephrase. "This is my daughter and her friends you attacked." She threw her glasses and took the ponytails off.

Kira crushed her head against the ground. "It couldn't get worse!" she murmured as she tried to hide her face.

Murayama knew now who the woman was. He had met her before. "Ah" he yelled pointing at her.

The tall man didn't wait any longer. He raised the pipe and aimed at the woman. But the woman had already grabbed it before it could hit her. She simply pulled it of his hand and threw it way. Move that had already won everyone's attention. They didn't know who she was. But she was really strong.

Next, another tried to spray her. But she dodged it. With few strong hits, all five were crushed against the ground. "You better not touch my students again!" she said.

"Students?" Rocky confused asked. He as the rest had no idea what they had just witnessed.

"That onna is so strong," Yamato commented. He was not sure if he was watching right or if it was his wounds that made him imagine things.

Hyuga, as well as Murayama, agreed with him.

"We sure saw that right!" Takeshi added.

Cobra was the only one that didn't even ask. He was sure absolutely sure, "that punk" had something to do with this.

The woman walked over and faced first Kira. "Kira are you alright." she helped her up.

Kira dropped her gaze. "I'm fine!" she said. She had no idea how she would now explain to everyone who that lady was. But what was worse, she had also to explain who they were.

"Kira's mom, right!?" Murayama asked.

The lady smiled and nodded "Yes. We met at Kumai's Shop. Murayama-kun. Yusuke's student." she said proudly.

"Wait... Kira's mother!?" Rocky gazed at her.

"Yes, I'm Yamaguchi Kumiko. Nice to meet you." she said loudly "You guys got serious beaten. "

"Nice to meet you. I'm Rocky" the leader of the White Rascals introduces himself. Takeshi, Hyuga, Yamato and the rest followed. Only, Cobra didn't respond yet. In one day he had met her brother, and now her mother. 'What kind of family, did that punk actually have'

"I am glad you all are safe," Kumiko said as she was patting Kira's head.

"Thank you for helping us." Yamato smiled.

Kira blinked once, and twice then she gazed at her. "Who told you we were here?"

Yankumi smiled and sat next to her daughter. "Yusuke called me." she relieved. She was surprised by what Yusuke told her. But her priority was to save Kira. As for the rest, they surely would have a long talk. Since now, Yusuke and even Kumiko could tell in what Kira was up.

"You have an interesting family Kira." Hyuga stood up, as Kato was helping him. (Kato, Yusuke and the rest had slowly managed to find their way in.)

Kira shrugged and gave him a slight nod. Her mind should be busy finding who those people were. But now there she was in trouble with her mother and brother.

"Where are they." Cobra cut the light chat that everyone was having. He had just noticed none of the men (that Yankumi had kicked down) where there.

Dan asked "Who?"

"Yes those there.." said Yamato. Everyone turned to watch at the men that were supposed to lay down. But all five were gone. It seemed that they manage to escape.

"They're gone!" Tettsu said.

"Now, once again we didn't find out, who they were" Rocky sighed.

"Let's go back!" Cobra lastly said.

Slowly all stood up. Yusuke, Dan, Tettsu, even Yankumi helped them. It took some time but they slowly manage to get on their feet. The drugs had slowly smoothed. And it made easier for everyone to walk outside. Half an hour later everyone (even Kira, Yankumi and Yusuke) ended up at Itokan Diner. There they could gain back their strength. They had to conclude about the new threat. And it seemed they had some explaining to do.

(( upcoming chapter ~ Act 18 ~ ))


Note:

More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!