Saving Oshiage

High & Low Finale

The first punch glanced Cobra's perfect chin. He noticed too late that it was a feint, though, when the second punch doubled him over and expelled the last bit of choked air from his flat belly. The leader of Hoodlum Squad answered back with a roughed against Murayama's right cheek, and a second bit higher. Their attack seemed harsh, fuzzy like every punch and every kick that hit its target would make some damage.

Cobra moved back, aside. Another blow meant for his jaw whizzed by in a blur of knuckles. From the corner of his eye, he saw the leader of Oya high's other arm begin an upward trajectory. He ducked this time and felt his hair ruffle with the force of it. Murayama's hits were more powerful, fast and forceful. This duel seemed more serious than the last one they had a few years ago. Although, neither Cobra or Murayama really wanted this fight, they had to keep it going.

"Your fighting skills have evolved," Cobra uttered as he the blood from his lips clean. He cracked a half-dark smile at the leader of Oya High. His old self enjoyed the adrenaline shaking him up. Fights the rose from hate, Cobra hated those. But one to one fair fights, he still enjoyed those. And maybe right now the facts that brought them to fight each other weren't right. But both started to take pleasure in.

Murayama winked and went on with a straight curvy punch. He was still worried about Oshiage but he couldn't hide the rush that overtook him. Soon, their fight turned worse. Heavier punches and deadly kicks took over. Action, reaction, again and again. The loud gasps, the hits, and yells cut through the silent alley in Sannoh district.

As long as two of the leaders of SWORD were fighting, Kira and the others located Oshiage. The men in black with the sparkling blue masks were about to be discovered. They hid Oshiage at the end of Sannoh district. Inside a remote building at the end of the road. There was nothing much surrounding the area. A fence, a mad rocky road, and few bikes.

"Kira, wait here." Yamato whispered at her as they had just reached that forsaken place.

She shook her head and bypassed him, following the others inside. "I am not waiting out here.." she mumbled.

"At least stay behind me!" he hammed with a pissed tone as he pulled her behind him. Only, visualizing Cobra's reaction if anything happened to Kira, was scary enough.

Slowly, they walked in. It was dark outside, but thankfully inside there was some light. It was the main path that lead them in a lower part of the same building. They could already hear voices and people move down there. Soon, they noticed Oshiage tied in the middle with few men in black talking. It seemed that someone was already informing them that Cobra and Murayama were fighting.

But, the guys didn't wait. When they made sure, the men in black didn't have any guns. They surrounded them. Kira stepped closer to Oshiage with the only thought in mind to free her. Yamato, Tettsu (Hoodlum Squad Tettsu) and Todoroki attacked at the five standing close to Oshiage. They freed the way for Kira to reach Oshiage easier. The others handled the rest.

Kira found a bottle near and broke it. She grabbed one of the glass and cut the robe around Oshiage. Kira cut her palm a bit, but it was nothing serious. She grabbed Oshiage's arm after she made sure the guys could handle those men in black. "Let's go!" she said loudly and helped Oshiage stand.

"The guys?" Oshiage asked as she leaned against Kira.

"I think they can handle those men." Kira ensured her as they were already winning. Those men in black weren't really made to fight. They were only scary when they were hiding and holding guns. But a fist to a fistfight, they were nothing serious to worry about.

"Leave, now!" yelled Yamato who was still holding the defense opening the path so they could move. "Find Cobra, and Murayama... you need to stop them," he added.

Kira nodded and rushed out while having Oshiage following her.

"Stop them?" Oshiage asked her confused as they both managed to get outside "Did they started fighting?"

Kira nodded "They did. They both had to protect something important. There was no way they would stand down." Kira, although she mostly was annoyed, when everyone around her family was trying to protect her. But at times like these, her heart skipped a beat, when someone gave their everything to protect something.

On the other side of Sannoh district, Cobra and Murayama were still fighting. They have been exchanging punches and kicks without any stop. Their clothes ripped, their bodies bloody and bruised. They were breathing heavily, almost impossible to talk. Both leaders stood their grounds, like true leaders of the SWORD.

They went on flying against the air when Cobra wrapped his legs around Murayama. He shifted his body, placed all his weight on his hands and flipped him over. Murayama ended up on the ground, and Cobra crashed against the wall. The blow was stronger than they thought. It took them a moment to stand up. They both formed their fist ready to attack again, as a loud scream cut them off.

"No, stop!" Kira yelled as she was still holding her grip around Oshiage's whist. She walked between them "Stop! Oshiage is safe." she said with a softer voice now.

Murayama froze his fist and faced the girls. He had almost reached his limits and sat down on the cold ground. He gazed up, making sure Oshiage was save. He smiled at her and the laydown. "She is safe," he mumbled as he was catching his breath.

Cobra, on the other hand, leaned against the wall. His legs couldn't support him any longer. He wasn't sure how long they were fighting. But their fight was not an easy one. He also felt at ease with Oshiage and Kira there. He lifted his gaze and met Kira's gaze "Oi! What about the guys." he asked her as he tried to clean his lips with his right sleeve.

Kira walked a few steps closer, her eyes still pinned on Cobra as he was slowly regaining his breath. "They were still fighting when we left.." she explained as she offered her hand to help him stand "... but nothing to worry. I think Yamato and the others will be alright."

Oshiage, sat next to Murayama as he hugged her tight. He was so worried about her. Now that he knew she was aright, he could finally let go of all the stress.

Cobra took her hand and lifted himself up. He kept his balance only standing up on his own. He took a step and was ready to collapse. But, Kira grabbed his arm and placed it around her neck and she held him up. "I think you need help." she mocked him.

Knowing that he was too exhausted either to argue with that punk or to try to act cool. He leaned against her softly, only to prevent his body to fall. "Just take me home!" he murmured as he rolled his eyes.

Before they left, Yamato called him and insured him that all were alright. They would handle the rest with the men in the black gang. Although, the only part they would have to check was that they had guns and the new a lot of information about them. The odd thing was, they didn't search. Someone handed over that information to them. Like with the Elite students' attacks. Someone was behind like he or they was trying to hurt SWORD.

"Oshiage, you need help. Or are you guys alright!" Kira asked before she took another step.

Oshiage nodded "We are fine. I will help Murayama!"

Cobra waved at them, as he and Kira took the road towards the Hino Gas station. They took step after step, slowly. Dragging their steps against the ground. Cobra, still depending on Kira. And Kira keeping her grip around him tightly to help him gain his balance.

Cobra scanned Kira quietly "You didn't fight?" he asked surprised. That punk was always asking for fights. He was sure she wouldn't listen to him. He found it strange, that the reckless punk, didn't fight.

Kira looked at him with the corner of her eye "Not, really. I just helped Oshiage." she revealed disappointed. Although she found so many fights around the Sannoh district, lately she was missing the good fights. And all because of Cobra.

"Really! So, you did listen to what I said." Cobra said wanting to mess with her a bit.

Kira hissed "In your dreams. I only had to help Oshiage. You think I am your puppy to obey you."

Cobra cracked a smile slightly turning his head ironic "Not sure. You could be though!"

"Are you trying to make me hit an injured person." Kira threatened him.

"If it comes to fights. You could attack anyone!" Cobra added keeping closer to her trying his best not to lose his balance.

Kira showed him her tongue annoying. They were almost reaching the Hino Gas station. Kira looked at Cobra, she started comparing their heights. "You are short!" she told him randomly.

"Punk don't look down on me. And I am taller than you!" he voiced up trying his best not to get annoyed by her.

Kira gazed at him once more "No, I think you are short." she said again.

Cobra sighed, he just wanted to reach his home and rest. And now there he was with that reckless punk again. "I am 5'7. And you are like 4'9 or 4'11. Who really is shorter?" Cobra irritated spoke.

"Are you 5'7 with heels?" Kira laughed.

Cobra poked her forehead. They both were outside his room. Kira opened the door and they both went inside. The room looked cleaner than the last time she was inside.

Cobra closed the door as he sat in the main area "You should go now. I can handle the rest!" he said and lean against the couch.

"Sure you can," she answered back. Though she didn't leave. She went into the bathroom. She picked up a small bowl, and put some warm water in it. She grabbed a towel, the first aid kit, and some clean clothes. She sat at the coffee table in front of Cobra. "Let me clean those wounds," she said.

"I can do that on my own." Cobra voiced clearly as he sat up and grabbed the towel from her hand. He slowly lifted his hands and rose his posture. He stripped his shirt off, not really carrying that Kira could watch. After all, she had already seen his upper body. That punk had even his chest. Why would he really care if she would look at his upper body again? After all what else could she do?

But, Cobra was wrong. Because Kira was a trouble magnet. There was no way, that she would be around Cobra and his day could be peaceful. Kira would always do something, too bizarre. Something to reckless, and make Cobra hit his limits.

Kira didn't also pay much attention to Cobra stripping. She only checked a few times as he slowly cleaned the blood. Though, her gaze paused against his chest. Her eyes open widely like she noticed something. She lifted her right hand. Her finger pointed at his chest, as Cobra was still trying to clean his own wounds. He didn't saw Kira, staring at his chest and edging towards him.

Suddenly, her fingers were an inch away from his chest. She let the tip of her finger poking his right part of his torso. Then she softly grabbed and poked it a few more times. Cobra jumped up, dazzled. Though, he lost his balance and sat down again. "What the fu** are you doing?" he shouted at her trying to cover his chest and punched her hand away.

"No, No wait let me see!" Kira naturally spoke as her gaze was still pinned on his chest and she was trying to touch it again.

Cobra rolled his eyes. That punk became weirder every day. "Take your hands off me!" he ordered ready to punch her.

"Relax and let me see," she responded as she kept her finger all over his right part of his chest. "It sure looks like my mother's!" she mumbled having still her focus on his right chest.

The leader of the Sannoh Rengokai blinked with a shocked mind. "Are You crazy punk" he yelled at her. Cobra couldn't take it anymore. Even if he had reached his limits, and couldn't move his body. He grabbed her arm and lifted her up. He stood up and pushed her towards the door. He tried to throw her out. But he lost his balance and fell against her. All his muscles were aching and his body reaching his end.

"Okay, Okay! I will not touch it.." she ensured him and tried to help him to step inside "...for now at least."

Cobra glared at her, but he couldn't do anything more at the time. He was really too tired and in pain. "Just help me lay down," he told her with a weaker tone.

Kira slowly helped him to reach his bed. Her eyes were checking his chest from time to time. But she tried not to touch it. After he leaned against the bed. Cobra closed his eyes, he really needed to rest. Kira sat next to him, covering him with a blanket. But her fingers poked his chest again. "Just let me check.. it will only take a second," she said gazing at him.

Cobra has already closed his eyes. And being really too exhausted he didn't really care. "Whatever punk. Do as you wish. I will get you back later." he hammed and fell asleep.

Kira covered him up and cracked a smile. She had her reasons she needed to check his chest. But she would never cross the line and touch him when he was at his weakest moment. She sat on the floor against the rug and leaned her upper body against the bed. She sat there, staring at Cobra. Moments later she fell asleep, resting against the bed.

(( upcoming chapter ~ Act 13 ~ ))


Note: