epilogue

3 Minute Girlfriend 2.0 (2.0)

 

 

Tiffany read over what she had typed, shivering briefly from the horrors she had just put down in words. That week...had been a rough one. Before she could think too much about it, Tiffany hit the “Submit” button. A thank you message popped up. We will send you your refund within ten business days, it said.

 

Sighing in relief, Tiffany closed her laptop and set it aside. She got up, stretched, and quietly crawled into her bed beside Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon, the real Taeyeon; Tiffany smiled at the sleeping face. To this day, Tiffany still had no idea how the 3 Minute Girlfriend Kit 2.0 had managed to recreate Taeyeon so well. Did they have some algorithm somewhere that allowed them to find people’s soulmates? Maybe she should’ve asked in the survey earlier. 

 

In her sleep, Taeyeon had pulled the pink blanket off of herself. Tiffany carefully adjusted it to cover her girlfriend’s shoulders before brushing Taeyeon’s face with a gentle finger.

 

“Finished?” Taeyeon cracked an eye open sleepily.

 

Tiffany nodded against the pillow. “Sorry for waking you up,” she whispered. 

 

“That’s okay.” Taeyon yawned and brought a hand out of the covers to tug on Tiffany’s shirt. “Nap with me.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Tiffany moved closer and let Taeyeon drape the rest of the blanket over her. With a contented little huff, Taeyeon rested her forehead against Tiffany’s collarbone. Tiffany smiled, then combed her fingers through Taeyeon’s hair.

 

“Are you thinking about it again?”

 

Tiffany paused guiltily. “Yeah,” she said, her hand resting lightly on the side of Taeyeon’s head. “I was just typing it out and had to remember.”

 

“You didn’t actually hit me, Fany.”

 

“Why,” said Tiffany, “was my kit so much more violent than yours? You got nice things. I was nice. And then my kit was just…creeps. Creeps, violence, and a general lack of sleep.”

 

“That’s why you need to catch up on it now.”

 

Tiffany giggled. “It’s been a year. I’m sure I’m all caught up.”

 

“You can never have too much sleep.”

 

“Of course you would say that, koala.”

 

Taeyeon patted Tiffany’s affectionately. “I set an alarm for dinnertime. Dream about what you want to eat, okay?”

 

“Okay. Good night.”

 

People said that the greater the pain, the greater the reward; after going through that disastrous kit and finally ending up with Taeyeon — Tiffany was inclined to agree. She snuggled closer and dreamt of pancakes.

 

 

 

and that's it, that's all i had. hope it was fun to read!