Monophobia & Astraphobia

Phobia (one shots)

Sowon and her friends are having a long trip to Europe. They've spent their time having fun together to make their moments worth it and unforgettably amazing. Until one night, Eunha wears her jacket as she felt like wanting to roam around the night city outside. She wants to envite the others to have the walk with her but Yerin is taking shower, Sinb sleeping at the couch, and Sowon happily chatting with Yuju and Umji. Eunha decided not to interrupt and just silently left the hotel alone.

Meanwhile, Sowon felt hungry.
"I saw a restaurant near in this hotel. Let's grab some food out there for dinner. I'm hungry" Yuju awkwardly laugh

"Actually unnie, Yerin unnie and I have plan to spend dinner together alone. Right now, I'm still waiting for her to finish fixing herself"

"Oh, it's okay. I can just be with Umji then" Umji smiled.

"Okay then, I'll just get my jacket unnie" Umji excused before heading to the hotel room she shared with Sinb. Seconds later, a knock from the door was heard along with Yerin's voice calling for Yuju.

"Yerin unnie is here, I need to go now Sowon unnie" Yuju then excitedly runs out to meet Yerin. Sowon gulp. She's left alone and it makes her nervous, not until she saw that lazy body lying on the couch, deeply asleep. Sowon breaths in relief.

"Sinb's here with me" she said while slightly tapping her chest.

"Unnie, let's go!" Sowon heard Umji said from outside the room. She then went out to meet the smiling young girl and they both headed to the restaurant Sowon wanted to eat.
"I called Eunha unnie and asked her to eat with us. She said she's on her way now" Umji said while they were inside the elevator. Sowon just nod

Walking on the streets, as they were getting near the restaurant, Sowon saw Eunha is already inside through the glass window and is patiently waiting for them. Just as she was about to tell Umji about it, the younger girl's phone rings.

"Hello?...Oh Sinb... what?!..... okay, I'm coming" Umji hang up then stopped walking before facing Sowon.

"Unnie, I need to go back to the hotel. Sinb said she fell on the couch while sleeping and she hurts her left shoulder"

"So? Are you gonna leave me here? I think Sinb is old enough to take care of herself" Umji pouts. Sowon knew that both Sinb and Umji has a thing yet the two are still not saying anything about it although it's obvious.

"Unnie, I'm sorry. You can just have the dinner with Eunha unnie tonight"

"So you're gonna leave now? Here?" Umji nod. Sowon gulp

"I'll go now unnie" before Sowon could stop Umji, the girl already runs away. Sowon took a deep breath and looks at her sorrounding. Now she's alone at the night street of a place that is still new to her. Even though no one is landing eyes on her as people around the street are busy with their own business, Sowon still feels harmed now that no one she trusted is around her.

'Just a few walks, Sowon. Just a few walks and you'll be at the restau with Eunha' she thinks as she just keep her eyed on Eunha through the restaurants glass window.
'There's alot of people here. If someone harms you, you can just shout for help' she thought, trying to be positive but she just can't help her knees from shaking making her walk slower.


On the other hand, Eunha is patiently sitting inside the restaurant while waiting for her friends. She was too occupied with the foods written on the menu at the counter when a loud scary sound from the night sky was heard. Eunha hates it. She covers her ear due to fear.

'I'm sure I checked the wheather through my phone before going out' she took out her  phone and realized that the whether update she just checked is the current whether of korea. Her eyes slightly wided. Then another thunderstorm was heard, louder than the earlier before rainfall occurs. Still covering her ears, Eunha slowly look outside through the glass window and in a few distance, she saw Sowon standing frozen in her place. The fear is visible in Sowon's face and Eunha surely knew why.

She knew Sowon grew up unable to learn to be alone. And in their group of friends, only Eunha is aware of it.


The sea of people on the street runs away to fins themselves a place to stay to avoid themselves from getting wet by the rain. Sowon is left alone and the feeling of harm grew on her.

Worried, Eunha automatically stood up and runs outside the restaurant but before she gets closer to Sowon, another thunderstorm was heard. She feel on her knees and covers her ears tightly. Sowon saw it, she wants to run and comfort Eunha but her knees are too shaking for her to handle.

Eunha looks at Sowon while her hands are still covering her ears. She remembered, since they were young, Sowon and her are always together. Sowon always comforts her everytime she's feeling down, stressed, or even when the traumatic moment of her being involved with electric shock while there is lighting and thunder outside when she was just a little.

In her mind, she just can't let Sowon feel the way how she's currently seeing her now. But her fear just grew in every scary sound in the sky plus the visible lighting.


Both Sowom and Eunha are staring to fight their inner selves. And just a few minutes later, with a strong nervousness in her heart, Eunha runs closer to Sowon and secured the taller girl a protective hug. This act causes Sowon's fear to slowly fade.

"Don't worry, I'm here now." Eunha said trying to sound positive. Sowon noticed that in ever thunder Eunha's hug tighten. So with all her strength, Sowon carried Eunha and brought themselves back to the hotel room they shared.

The windows are securely closed as well as the curtains and the door. Both didn't care about them being wet as they just sat on bed, wetting the bed sheets.
Sowon helped Eunha cover her ears and gave the girl a secure smile.

"Thank you" Sowon mouted. Eunha smiled.
They stared on each others eyes for a moment until they don't know when and who initiated first, their lips met. At first, it was just a slow innocent kiss which later on turns into something passionate and needy. They both knew they want something more. And before they could realize it, their hands are already feeling each other's body. They could feel the heat despite the cold whether outside.

"I love you" Eunha finally said it first

"I love you" Sowon replied and they continued to fill-in their desires. For a moment, they forgot what just happened outside earlier. For a moment, they forgot that each of them suffered their own fear.

--------------------

[Astraphobia - fear of thunder and lightning] [Monophobia - fear of being alone]