Athazagoraphobia

Phobia (one shots)

Yerin and Yuju have been married for 4 years already. Lots of people are trying to make their relationship forbidden since both were girls yet, they were able to stay strong with each other and be happy as married couple.

One afternoon. Yerin was asked by Yuju to stay at the dining area while waiting for their breakfast.
Yerin frown when she saw Yuju seem to be panicking while looking for something at the kitchen.

"What are you looking for, Yuju-ah?"

"Do you know where the knife is?" Yerin pointed the knife stand that happened to be just near to where Yuju is standing.
"Oh right, thanks" Yuju took a knife then start chopping. Yerin frown when Yuju seem to be trembling while doing so. Worried, Yerin went closer then back hug Yuju.

"You don't seem okay, do you want me to help you?"

"No, I'm fine. Just stay at the dining while waiting, this won't take long"

"Are you sure you don't need my help?" Yuju smiled

"I'm sure"

"As you say so.." Yerin went back to the dining area. Her eyes is with Yuju, observing the girl and from the way the girl moves, she can see sometjing is wrong.
When Yuju finished cooking, she put it in the dining table for them to eat.
Yerin gave Yuju her warmest smile when Yuju served the soup for her. Yerin took a taste.

"Uhm.. I think you forgot to put some salt" Yerin said.

"Huh? But I put enough salt"

"Really?" Yerin gave Yuju a disbelief look then taste the soup again. It doesn't really taste like it has salt. Yuju pouts after seeing Yerin's reaction.

"Why? Does it taste bad?" Yerin don't want her wife to be sad so she smiled at Yuju.

"It's actually the best as always" Yuju's pout turns into a smile.

The next day, when Yerin is in her way home from work, she saw Yuju sitting at the ground outside their house while crying. Yerin worriedly run towards her wife.

"Yuju-ah, why are you here? Why are you crying? What happened?"

"I... I went to the market but I.. I forgot what I'm going to buy.." Yuju cried even more. Yerin slightly laughed. She find Yuju cute for acting that way.

"No need to cry. I'll just buy it for you. So tell me, what meal are you planning to cook?" Yuju gave Yerin a blank stare. She forgot. Yerin chuckled.
"It's okay. How about some kimbap?" Yuju smiled and slowly nods. Yerin mess Yuju's hair then wipe Yuju's tears. For 4 years living with Yuju, Yerin haven't seen this side of Yuju yet and it makes her happy that she's finally got a chance to know every inch of her wife.

Days have passed and Yerin observed how Yuju started to forget things so easily. Yuju's mood also changes. She easily get upset even in just small things. Yerin thought that it's just normal, that it is just one of her undiscovered side of Yuju.

But not until one night, Yuju left home while Yerin is washing her face. Yuju wants to go to the market to buy something for dinner. She even brought a list of ingredients that she need.

On the other hand, when Yerin is done washing her face. She went downstairs to only meet the quite living room. She went to the kitchen but Yuju is not there.

"Maybe she went out to but something" Yerin shrugged and went back to the living room to wait for Yuju. But after 3 hours of waiting, Yuju is still isn't home yet. Yerin started to feel uneasy. She took out her phone then speed dialed Yuju, but her wife is not answering. With a nervous heart, Yerin tried to contact Yuju over and over again 'til someone knock the door. Yerin sigh, thinking that it's already Yuju. She run to open the door and slightly startled when she saw Yuju in pathetic state with a police officer guiding her.

"Are you Yerin?" The officer asked

"Ahh yes.."

"I found this girl crying at the streets alone. Luckily, someone recognizes her and told us where she lives" Yerin frown. Yuju run towards Yerin and hug the girl tightly.
"Next time, make sure to go out with her. She don't seem to know the place yet" the officer said to Yerin with strict tone.

"Ahh yes, sir. Thanks" Yerin slightly bowed to him. He bows his head before he left.
Yerin closed the door of their house then let Yuju sit on the couch.
"Now tell me, what happened?" Yuju cried

"I forgot my way home"

"You've been living here for long years already!" Yerin annoyingly shouted. It's not because she's mad, but it's because she's worried. Yuju cried even more and started to hit her head.

"I can't remember... I can't remember my home!" Yerin started to think that Yuju's forgetfulness is already something serious. The next day, she took Yuju to a specialist wherein Yuju was given some medical testing. Yerin almost fainted when the doctor informed about Yuju having an alzheimer's disease.

As they went home, Yerin volunteered to cook for dinner while Yuju is in their room. But not too long after, Yerin hears a glass breaking from their room. Worried, she hurriedly runs her way there.
She saw Yuju sitting on the edge of their room while hugging her knees and not far from her is a broken vase. Yerin went closer to Yuju, she bent down before lifting Yuju's head to face her.

"Why me?" Yuju asked. Yerin don't know what to respond so she just caress Yuju's hair, attempting to make the trembling girl calm.
"You don't love me anymore..."

"No, Yuju. That's not true"

"What if I lost my happy memories with you?"

"Then I'll remind you"

"What if I forget about you?" Yerin's heart was pierced after hearing that. It's now what she's most afraid of, being forgotten by her own lover. Her beloved wife.
Yerin pulled Yuju into her embrace and kissed the girl's head.

As months pass by, Yuju's condition is getting worst even if she got her regular treatment.
Yuju have forgotten alot of her happy moments with Yerin, to her family and friends. Yuju is most of the time having her mood swings, this made Yerin to learn to be more understanding.
On their way home from the hospital, Yerin decided to talk about their old friends. This way, she can let Yuju to atleast recall some fun events

"Yuju-ah, remember when we're still in high school, Sinb lied about her birthday so we all ditched school to celebrate the what we thought is an special day for her and she only tells us the truth when it's already time for us to go home" Yerin lightly laughed while Yuju frown

"Who's Sinb?" Yerin's happy aura fades

"You don't remember Sinb? She's a high school friend. You used to address her as a badass kid" Yerin sigh when Yuju is obviously blank.


At night, Yerin is holding the hand of her sleeping wife while she's silently crying.

"Why do you have to suffer Yuju-ah?" Yerin caress her beloved wife's hair slowly.
"Are you going to forget about me too soon?"

-----

The next day, Yerin printed alot of her past photos with Yuju. She even put a date and write brief description on it at the lower part of the pictures. She framed all of it and placed all around the house. She wants Yuju to atleast read some of their moments together in every frame if ever she forgets. Yerin also took Yuju to the tattoo shop and have Yerin's name tattooed in Yuju's palm.

"Why are you doing this?" Yuju asked

"So you won't forget about me" Yerin replied with a smile.

-----

It was past lunch time and Yuju is standing at the balcony of their house.

"Yuju!" Yuju looked behind her and saw her wife, so she smiled

"Who am I?" Yuju showed her tattoo

"Yerin. My wife" Yerin smiled.

It keeps going like that. Yerin always check on Yuju, not only because her wife is suffering something, but also because she don't want her wife to forget about her.
But two years have passed, Yuju took her last breath infront of Yerin inside their bedroom. And her last words were 'Yerin. My wife' 

 

--------------------

[Athazagoraphobia - fear of being forgotten]