Pistanthrophobia

Phobia (one shots)

A bouquet of flowers fell on the ground. Eyes are shaking and painful tears were shed. Why? Because right infront of her is her girlfriend kissing someone else. And the worst, it is with her close guy cousin.

As soon as Yuju and Sunyoul let go of their kiss, they smiled while looking into each others eyes lovingly. But not until they realized that someone is watching them. Yuju turns her head first to look and she almost fainted when it's no other than Sinb, her girlfriend and Sunyoul's cousin.

"Cheater" Sinb madly said yet pain is more visible in her tone.

Yuju let go of her hands from being wrap on Sunyoul's neck and tried to get closer to Sinb, but Sinb moves away.

"Sinb, let me explain"

"Explain what?! That you're bored with me so you cheated on me?!"

"It's not like that--"

"Then what?!"

"Sinb, I tried! I tried to love you back the same way as I did before but... I just can't help but realize to myself that I'm straight. One day, I just found myself preferring a guy than a girl"

"And for 3 years together, you kept that hidden from me?" Sinb painfully asked. Her heart into pieces when Yuju slowly nods her head. She then just can't help but to cry out loud. With light and slow steps, she went closer to Yuju and reach out her hand.
"I'm willing to forgive you, just please, love me back again. I know you can do it, Yuju. We can be happy together again."

"S-Sinb look, I'm not worth it. You see, you're a perfect girlfriend. I couldn't ask for more from you. But that is also why I am so afraid to tell you about the sudden change of how I feel. I'm so afraid to see you broken because of me, I tried to love you again but I just can't force myself anymore. Things just didn't turn out like how we wanted. Sinb, I'm so sorry. You deserve better than me" Yuju let out a painful smile before letting go of Sinb's hand

"There's a sudden change in your feelings for me just because I'm a girl? And seriously, you're with my cousin? That's unfair Yuju! That is so unfair!"

"I know...and I'm really sorry, Sinb. I truly am" Yuju turns her back and left the place with Sunyoul.

Sinb is now left there standing alone while crying her broken heart out.

-----

Sinb is silently reading the sci-fic book she found in that library while she wears her earbuds that is not even plugged in. It is just her way of telling people not to bother her, and that she don't care about what's happening in her sorroundings. A year have passed since she broke up with Yuju and she admit, the pain is still there eventhough she herself is now seeing someone else. Sinb sighs at the thought of her again.

Before flipping the book to see the other page, Sinb checked the time. Realizing that there's only 20 minutes left for her next class to start, she then packed her things and left the library.

Just as she was getting closer to her locker, Sinb saw Yerin standing with her back leaning on the locker, holding a piece of paper that Sinb is very aware of what it is.

When Sinb arrived to her locker, she unlocked it and took her art notebook which she'll be using for the art class. After doing so, she locked again her locker and walked pass by Yerin without even giving the girl a glance.

"Wait, Sinb.." Yerin called. Sinb turn her back and gives Yerin questioning look. Yerin shyly handed the piece of paper she's holding and smiled when Sinb accepted it. But disappointment got painted in her face when Sinb just inserted it to random pages in her book, not even giving any interest into it.

"That's it?" Sinb asked but still tried her best to sound respectful to her senior.

"Ahh.. Sinb, I'm really sorry for missing your call last night. I was unable to pick up since I fell asleep early"

"Fell asleep early? With who? With your guy?" Sinb insultedly asked

"Sinb, no. It's not what you think. I was just really tired yesterday"

"So if it was me, you're tired. But if it's your guy, the word 'tired' never exist"

"Sinb, what are you talking about? And who's that guy you're referring to? I'm not cheating on you"

"And you expect me to believe that?"

"You have to believe me. I'm your girlfriend" Yerin said, trying to sound calm. Sinb smirked

"I still have my next class. I shouldn't be wasting my time talking nonesense things with you here." Sinb turn her back at Yerin and went to her class. Yerin sigh.

"You're still dating her?" Yerin looked behind her and saw Eunwoo.
Yerin took steps away from the guy for them to have a huge distance from each other.

"She loves me and I love her"

"She don't even trust you and you know it better than me" Yerin let out another sigh.

"You know what, we shouldn't be talking. If Sinb sees us, our little misunderstanding may get worse"

"What's wrong if you're talking to me? We used to be close friends" Yerin didn't bother to answer anymore and just left Eunwoo there. The guy can't help but just let out a heavy sigh.

-----

'I'm coming to your apartment' Yerin recieved that text message from Sinb. She went out from the building of her apartment to wait for Sinb there and after 5 minutes of waiting, Sinb arrived.

"Did you wait long?" Sinb asked as she walk her way to get inside the apartment with Yerin.

"Not too long" Sinb nod then sits on the couch.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

"No, thanks" Sinb tap the space beside her, signalling Yerin to sit beside her. Yerin obeyed. Sinb wrap her both arms to Yerin's waist and rest her head on the girl's shoulder.

"Sinb, about the--" Sinb cuts her

"Shh... forget it. From now on I'll be staying here at your apartment right after all my classes til midnight to make sure you're not seeing someone else behind my back"

"I'm not really seeing someone else, Sinb. Trust me" Sinb chuckled

"Shut up.." Yerin sigh again.

Sinb really sticks with her words as she keeps on watching Yerin in almost every move. Yerin's friends are also getting fewer.

A week after, Yerin together with her batchmates are already going to start their graduation practice since their exit for college is already getting nearer.

Just as before the practice even started, Eunwoo approached Yerin and asked her to meet him in a coffee shop to work for their final poject done by duo. Yerin agreed. She thought it would be fine for Sinb since it was just school related things and nothing more.

Later that night, as soon as Yerin reached her apartment, she saw Sinb sitting at the couch with her arms crossed.

"Did you have fun with your date with Eunwoo?" Sinb coldly asked

"We're not dating. We're just doing our final project"

"Tsk. Excuses"

"I'm telling the truth"

"Well, the real truth is you're dating him and you were just giving me lots of lame excuses"

"I'm not giving you lame excuses! I never did that!" Sinb stood off the couch and stand closer to Yerin.

"Then why are you meeting him? And seriously, the two of you seems to be having  a lot of fun with a little time to date alone thinking that no one are going to caught you! But guess what, you're busted! I saw it with my own eyes!"

"What do you mean?! We're just discussing school related things and no more than what you think!"

"Gosh Yerin! I already told you to cut off your connection with that guy but you're still meeting him! Do you like him that much?!"

"Sinb, I told you it's not what you think!"

"Why not?! You're meeting him behind my back, then give me lame excuses, and then what?! You're going tell me that one day you just woke up and realized you were straight so you preferred dating a guy than a girl!! That's bullsh*t! Do you even really love me?! or maybe you just enjoyed playing with a d*ck!" Yerin can't help but slap Sinb

"I don't know where all those things came from and I don't even know why you're like this to me! For 5 months of dating all you did is doubt, doubt, and doubt me!"

"It's because you're cheating on me" Yerin can't contain her tears anymore.

"You know what, I've had enough of you. Let's end this..because if we're going to keep this relationship and here comes you who don't trust me, then I would just really prefer a guy than you." Sinb smirked and tears scaped her eyes. The pain Yuju caused her before comes back, but this time, it was Yerin who's causing it.

Sinb slowly turns her back and left the place.

-----


The next day, while Yerin is eating her lunch alone in a fast food chain near the university, a girl put a tray with foods right in front of her.

"Can I share this table with you?" Yerin frown and looked around. There isn't alot of people.
"I know there's a lot of vacant seats. I'm not blind" the girl took a sit and gives Yerin a serious look
"Sinb's cousin told me about how terrible she've been last night. She was breaking anything her hand could touch inside her room so they have to stop her" the girl shrugged.
"Well for you to know, it isn't the first time it happened." Yerin frown again. The girl smiled and extended her hand
"I'm Yuju. Sinb's ex-girlfriend" Yerin's eyes wided.

Both Yuju and Yerin have talked about a lot of things especially about Sinb. Yerin envy how Sinb sounds so perfect as Yuju's girlfriend who trusted and believed Yuju the most but here goes Yerin who just keeps on recieving doubts from Sinb.

"Truthfully, I can't blame Sinb for the way she acts to you. I'm more like blaming myself" Yuju sadly said

"What do you mean?"

"I just think I caused everything. I think it's my fault why Sinb is being like that to you. I'm really sorry, Yerin."

"I don't understand. Why are you blaming yourself?" Yuju starts to tell Yerin everything that happened. With how Yuju ended her relationship with Sinb and slowly, Yerin were able to connect Sinb's words from their last argument through Yuju's story.

"...my reason is just unacceptable but that's just really how I feel"

-----

~dingdong~

Sinb's mom opened the door of their house.
"Oh, Yerin. It's you"

"Is Sinb inside? Can I see her?" Sinb's mom nods and let Yerin proceed to Sinb's room. The door wasn't locked so she went in without knocking the door. There, she saw Sinb sitting on the floor, hugging her knees and back leaning on the wall.

"What are you doing here?" Yerin went closer and kneeled down infront of her.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have just broke up with you"

"You already did. Now, leave me alone" Yerin cupped Sinb's cheeks and make the girl look at her.

"My fault, I judged you without knowing. Your fault, I'm not Yuju, so you shouldn't be connecting your past with her and your present with me" Sinb didn't respond
"I love you Sinb. Will you atleast trust me with that?"

"And when I finally give that trust in you, what are you gonna do then? Take that trust an advantage to cheat on me?"

"Sinb, listen. I'm not gonna do that" Sinb annoyingly smirked, not believing Yerin. Yerin let out a small sigh
"Look, I'll make you trust me and my love for you. But of course, I can't do that alone. I need your cooperation to make this work"

Sinb took time to think of an answer which causes nervousness to Yerin.


"I'll try" Yerin smiled. It's all she wanted to hear from Sinb...atleast for now. Yerin pulled Sinb for a hug and Sinb hugs back.

 

--------------------

Pistanthrophobia - fear of trusting (due to past experiences with relationship gone bad)