Cacophobia

Phobia (one shots)

Umji is a chubby transferred student who finds herself having a crush with a senior student, Yerin. A cute, smart, and heart warming girl, as what Umji describes.

Umji has the talent in drawing so whenever she had an opportunity, she'll stalk what Yerin is doing then draw it in her sketch book.

One day, Umji looks for a vacant seat since the library is almost full with students studying for the exam. While looking, Umji's eyes was caught by Yerin who's busy reviewing. Umji also noticed that the chair across Yerin is vacant. Umji smiled and went closer to occupy that seat and have a chance to see her crush much closer.

"G-good morning" Umji greeted. Yerin looked at her. Umji saw how Yerin's expression changed, and it's not good. Yerin start to sweat and like a panick attack, Yerin hurriedly packed her things. Umji frown
"Are you okay, sunbae?" Yerin didn't respond
"Sunbae, what's the problem? You don't need to rush.." Umji said when she saw how Yerin seemed to be in a rush while packing her things. Her hands are even obviously shaking. When Yerin is done, she gets out of the library. Umji frown then notice that Yerin left her pen. Umji took the pen and looked at it.
"Maybe, I'll just return it to her later" Umji then kept the pen inside her bag.

After the class, Umji knew so much where to find Yerin and it is on the school field. It is where Yerin usually stays for half an hour every after class before going home. Slowly, Umni approached her crush but Yerin gave her the same bad expression again.

"Why are you so ugly?" That's what Yerin asked her before leaving. It hits Umji alot. She's called ugly by her own crush, and it hurts her. Umji was even unable to return Yerin's pen.


Yerin's words stayed in Umji's head. After that day, Umji started to have a diet to lose weight and started to learn how to put light make up on her face for her to appear attractive.

Months after, Yerin graduated in high school. Umji felt so lonely. She never get the chance to let Yerin see how she improved her looks. But Umji didn't gave up. She'll just look at the pen that Yerin owns then her determination will boast.

2 years after, Umji have also already graduated from high school then she enrolled herself on the same university where Yerin is studying.

One afternoon, just right after class, Umji was asked by her professor to bring some files at the detention room. Inside the detention room, Umji didn't expect to see Yerin there, sitting with her head low.

Umji put the files on the center table and since both of them are the only people inside, slowly, she went closer to her long time crush.

"A-annyeong, sunbae" Umji greets. Yerin's eyes wided. Eventhough she only heard Umji's voice twice in high school, she still recognizes her voice. Trembling, Yerin looked up, but Umji looks a bit different already and it somehow makes Yerin a bit relaxed.

"I-it's you.." Umji smiled then nods
"Y-you changed your hair color..." Umji didn't remove her smile. It makes her happy how Yerin notices the changes in her look.

"May I ask you something?" Yerin nods
"Why are you here?"

"I got detention this morning" Umji frown. As far as she remembered, Yerin is not the type to cause troubles.

"Why?" Yerin turn her head low and fixed her gaze to the floor.

"my seatmate... she's...she's so ugly...and my friend said I look like my seatmate.. so I attack my friend" Umji let out a shock expression.

"Do you hate ugly people that much?" Umji asked in annoyance

"I-I'm cacophobic" Yerin confessed
"I'm sorry..." Yerin apologized then started to break in by crying. Umji started to understand. She smiles and cup Yerin's face with her hands then slowly, she lift up Yerin's face for their eyes to meet.

"Don't worry. I'll get prettier" Umji then gave Yerin an assuring smile. Yerin smiled back

"No need to improve more. You're now gorgeous" Umji blushed making Yerin pinch her cheeks.
"Wanna eat dinner with me later? My treat" Umji swears that to be one of the most special invitation she ever recieved.

"Sure! I'd love that"

 

--------------------

[Cacophobia - fear of ugliness]