Acrophobia

Phobia (one shots)

Alarm ringing and the sun's brightness gives light to the dark room of Yerin. Slowly, she wakes up and stretched her arms. She took a deep breath and felt the calm morning before letting out a smile.


Music playing. Yerin happily dances inside the shower while washing herself. She sings her heart out while drying her hair. And even swayed her body while cooking her breakfast.
Her morning is so happy and full of joy.
Before leaving her house, she bid goodbye first to her cat.

"Good morning" Yerin greets the taxi driver and ordered him to take her in her workplace

"Our morning seems nice, maam"

"Ofcourse, it's pay day" Yerin replied with a smile


At work, Yerin is doing her job so fine. She still enjoys her day as nice as how she started it.

"Uhmm, good morning" Yerin looked behind her. Sowon, a new employee and workmate of Yerin, greets with a smile.
"I'm sorry to bother you but I'm a little confuse with this. Would you mind to teach me?" Yerin smiled at her.

"Sure. This is just hard at the beginning but it's actually very simple once you learned it" Yerin said and started to teach Sowon.
Sowon listened properly to the girl and even take notes.


A week passed by and the company recieves alot of product orders. Sowon and Yerin gets too busy that despite of being just on the same office, they still barely talked to each other unless if it is work related.

Days passed and they were able to supply all the demands given to the company on time. The owner was so happy that leds him to decide of giving all his employee a break. He offered to have a 3 days camp and he's just gonna take care of the expenses.

"You're going to the camp?" Yerin asked. Sowon nod

"It'll be nice to have a break after the tight work" Yerin agreed
"How about you, are you going?"

"Yep. I like everything that is free" Sowon laughed.


The first day of their camp go on smoothly. The employees were able to enjoy bonding with each other as some of them are friends already, some for a long time while the others are for a short time just like Sowon and Yerin.

On the second day, their boss challenged them for a treasure hunt. They all attentively participated and go on separate ways at the forest. While Yerin was searching for a treasure, she never realized that there was already something ahead of her. She tripped her feet with a large stone and she rolled straight to a cliff. Fortunately, she was able to hold on a tree and prevents herself from falling on the deep cliff.

"H-help!" Yerin shouted. She tried to climb back up but it was hard
"Help! H-help me!" She shouted again. She looked beneath her and she gasp upon realizing how tall it was.

'Sh*t I hate heights!'

Her hands started to sweat and her body trembles in fear.

"Help me! Somebody, please!" She shouted again. This time, she cried.
"Help!!!"

"Hey," Sowon grab her hand and pulled her up, but since Yerin's hands are wet with sweat, it was slippery. So Sowon took a tight hold with Yerin. After releasing alot of strength, Sowon was able to put Yerin into the safe side. Yerin keeps on crying so Sowon comforts the girl with tap.

"You're safe now" but Yerin keeps crying.

When Yerin have calmed, they both decided to get back to where their tent are even without finding any treasure. They don't think it's safe anymore after what happened to Yerin.
On their way back, they both take the path where Sowon took.

As they're getting near to where their tents are, they have to pass a bridge over a cliff first. Yerin gulped

"Don't worry, you won't fall"

"B-but.. I'm afraid to heights" Yerin confessed and looked down. Sowon smiled and bend down infront of Yerin.

"Hop in my back. I'll carry you" Yerin was confused but she still obeyed
"Now close your eyes, I'll start walking on the bridge" Yerin covered her eyes. Even after passing by the bridge, Sowon didn't let go of Yerin. She just carried the girl until they reach their safe destination.

"Thank you so much" Yerin thanked after Sowon have put her down. She admit that she have felt safe with Sowon.

"Come on, let me help you treat your wounds before it gets infected" Sowon pointed. Yerin realized that she have been wounded after her accident earlier.

"Ah, yeah. T-thanks"

 

----------

[Acrophobia - fear of heights]