Chapter Nine

Sin

-Jin’s POV-

So, here I am. At my very own funeral. How fun. I see my mom and dad are the first to arrive, to get everything ready before people show up. My mom was crying before they even reached the door. It hurts me to see them cry. It kills me to watch my friends and family hurt more than what actually did kill me. How could this happen? What happened to me where I thought it would be okay for them? Why did I die? Why did I do it?

“He was my baby. My poor baby!” I hear my mom cry out, I run to her unknowingly to my parents.

“It’s okay mom, I’ll be there to comfort you as well.” My brother, Kim Seok Jung, tells my mother. He’s two years older than me, me being the youngest.

“Seok Jung. I missed you.” I touch his shoulder and he turns his head, seeing nothing of course. Why would he see anything? Why would I think he could? I’m dead.

And I did it.

I see the boys come in. The boys. The boys! I have a smile on my face and run to the seats they are seated in. None of them are smiling, I’m so stupid. I have so many questions right now and I’m adding another to my list of them: Why would they be smiling?

“He’s gone. He’s really gone. And he left so early.” I hear Hoseok whisper. Namjoon holds his hand out to him and Hoseok grabs it, squeezing his hand until Namjoon speaks up.

“That hurts, Hoseok.” He let go and started to cry. Jungkook looked over to Namjoon and Hoseok, his eyes started to water and he left the room. I followed him.

“Jungkook?” He turns around with wide eyes.

 

“Jin?” I hear him whisper. He starts circling in place, he can hear me? Why

can’t he see me?

“I’m right here. Right behind you.” I grab his shoulder and turn him around, we look at each other face-to-face. He does see me.

“Jin, I-I missed you so much. I thought you were dead.” Thought. Thought. That’s one of the worst words I know. You can think something is right, you can think you saw something. You can think the worst.

“Kook, I am dead. How can you see me?” He opens his eyes wider, if possible.

 

“I think I’m going crazy hyung. How are you dead, how can I see you, how is this possible?” He starts questioning like crazy.

“Long story short. I killed myself, you can see me, now get back in that room before I get buried without you.” I chuckled lightly, and so did he. He soon started to frown.

“You killed yourself, hyung?” I nodded. Just when I was about to talk some more, Namjoon walked straight through me. Jungkook looked past Namjoon’s shoulder and back at me, I shook my head. He nodded, knowing what I signalled. Namjoon looked back and didn’t see me, he shook his head as well. He didn’t say anything and grabbed Jungkook’s arm with sad eyes. He didn’t grab him rough or angry-like, more like sympathetic, like he knew what Jungkook was feeling.

“I love you guys, Jungkook.”


“We love you too, hyung. Thank you for being with us. I’ll never forget you.” I smiled and drifted of into the air like wind. I know he hasn’t moved on. None of them have. They might just have to learn the hard way how.