Chapter Three

Sin

-JIN’s POV-

It was dark. Not like the kind of dark you see in an empty room, the kind of dark you see when just you’re alone. I was still with the boys, but they weren’t with me. I could see them, I could hear them, but one thing they didn’t know was that I’ll be with them until they move on. Even if they never do, I’ll stay by their side. When they were all in the kitchen sitting at the table while Taehyung was making a card house Jungkook came in. Jungkook. I can still remember his golden smile when he was with all of us, such glorious times we spent together. I looked through the outline of the hallway him and Namjoon were coming in through the only thing I found strange was that Jungkook saw me. At the time I didn’t really know I was dead. But when the top two cards went on the little house Taehyung knocked it all down. That’s when I realized… I was dead. No one could see me but him, Jungkook, the one who cared most.

“Jin?” I heard him whisper. Now I couldn’t speak, eat, drink but I could feel. Not physical pain, but verbal. The pain and heaviness in his voice as he spoke, was all pain, and I couldn’t help. He couldn’t live without me. Knowing his best friend, so called brother, was dead, how could he want to live like that? I saw his tears almost running down the side of his right cheek, but in the matter of seconds we were on the road in the car driving away into the night. I remember something like this, something painful, something you can’t forget… a time when you never forget the suffering you put into others and self.  

 

“I need to stop the suffering in my mind. It twists me like a wringer. How can they live like this? Knowing that they won’t be able to laugh at the jokes I tell, the way I would scold them, the way we would smile.” I sat up on what felt like a soft mattress. Another layer of a silk touch surrounded me around the bed, suddenly a ray of light glided over my pale body. I looked up and covered my eyes with the back of my hand until the light adjusted around me. My head curled down onto the silky texture I had felt previously. Lilies? White lilies. I remember these from somewhere, but I just can’t think of it. Oh well, it’ll come back to me some time sooner or later. I need to figure out how to fix this. Quickly.