Chapter Eight

Sin

-Taehyung’s POV-

I have been silent. Not talking much, not eating, not listening. I haven’t been doing anything since Jin died. He was involved in my life so dearly and now he’s just… gone. Just like that. And I know that Yoongi and Jungkook are taking it the worst out of all of us, I am there when Jungkook cries on my shoulder or not, I see Yoongi, practically hear him, die inside. Min Yoongi and Jeon Jungkook are not in great shape, and not the worst. But what if it was more than worse?

I’m broken out of thought by someone nudging my arm, my eyes flutter open and I see a frowning Jungkook. I hum and close my eyes again. He nudges me another time. “What do you need, Jungkook?” I say in a raspy voice from waking up.

“Namjoon-hyung told me to wake you up, we’re going out.” I raise an eyebrow in confusion, ‘when did I sleep?’

“Where are we going, Kookie?” I ask, my voice becoming used to being awake. He looks at me and back at Namjoon. Namjoon nods at him and Kookie comes closer to my legs and sits, moving them over so he doesn’t sit on me.

“Um, we are all going to,-” he clears his throat with tears welling up in his eyes, “we’re going to Jin-hyung’s funeral… Taehyung.” He says my name after it sounds, looks, and hears like I’m not breathing anymore. ‘ Why didn’t they tell me? ‘ I jump up and run off of the couch, into the bathroom, and lock the door. I slide down the back of the cold wooden door and start crying, I think I’m crying so much I won’t be able to cry later. My throat becomes dry and it gets harder to breath, my tears slipping off the corners of my lips, sinking into my gray shirt making it darker. My eyes hurt. They just hurt so bad.

“Why? Why couldn’t God have taken me instead of him?! I would do anything to get him back! Anything!” I yell into the bathroom. I heard several footsteps come by the bathroom door and stop in front. The door knob is trying to be open, it making jingly sounds while being pulled.

“TaeTae, please open the door. You have to get dressed, it starts in two hours. Please, do it for Jin. It’s the last time we get to see him, Tae. Come out.”

“But he’s dead. It’s not seeing him alive. It’s so different!” I choke on my words and open the door almost painfully slow. I see Hoseok with open arms and I walk to him. I start crying on shoulder more than I’ve ever cried before. Just when I thought

things were getting better, they weren’t.

I walk into my room rubbing my eyes. The closet doors are already open and I see some nicely folded clothes on my bed waiting for me to wear them.

“I put them there.” I turn around and see my beloved best friend, Jungkook. I thank him and he walks up to me.

“You know,” he looks at the ground while I look at him, “it will get better. I know that since I’m saying this you might not listen just ‘cause I’m younger and I’m not over it still, but it will get better.”

“But-but it’ll get w-worse before it g-gets better.” I start to sob again. He rubs my back and makes tiny circles.

“I know hyung. I know.