Chapter One

Sin

“When will he be here?” Jungkook kept glancing back at the window looking outside only to see the little water droplets settling their way down the glass.

“I don’t know,” Namjoon started, “just wait for Jin-hyung, he’ll come soon. Promise.” He tapped Jungkook’s shoulder and signalled him to come inside of the kitchen where everyone else was. Jin has been gone for over two hours when he’d said he would be back before 6:30. 8:30… still no show. Suddenly they hear a knock on the door. Jungkook rushes to the door out of worry for his best friend, or what he calls along with rest of the boys, his brother.

“Hyung, it's your house you don't need to-” Jungkook opened the door fully revealing a police officer with a yellow notepad in his hand, flipping thru pages continuously until he reached the one he desired.

“Ah, excuse me young sir, but do you happen to be a-” he looks down at the paper and back at Jungkook, “a Kim Namjoon?”

“That’s me,” Namjoon says as he walks through the hall frame into the living room, “is there anything I, we, can help you with?” He shook the police officer’s hand and stepped back inviting him inside.

“Yes, sir, do you live with a man named Kim SeokJin?”

 

“Jin? Is there something wrong?” Namjoon’s face was quickly painted over with a serious look. Jungkook’s body tensed at his Hyung’s name, and the word ‘wrong.’

“I’m sorry,” he started out with a long sigh in between trying not to put it as bad as it is. At this point all of the boys had entered the living room to join the three, “your friend Jin, was in a horrible car accident.” Jungkook’s eyes became teary, his eyebrows furrowed, arms stiff, standing still. The others were also crying, but not like the maknae. Jungkook ran up the stairs and slammed his door so hard the house practically shook.

“W-when will we be able to see him? He i-is in the h-h-hospital right?” Hoseok tried to talk as calmly as he could, but there was no calm, not in this situation. Not ever again.

“We tried to keep him alive the way to the hospital, but he didn't even make it out of the car.” The officer said his goodbyes and left the, now, six sobbing boys. Yoongi went up stairs to try and explain to Jungkook what had happened, but got stopped by Hoseok.

“He won’t be able to handle it. He’s too connected with him, it’ll break him.”

 

“Break him? Break Him?! It’s broke ALL of us! Jin was our best friend, our brother! And you say that it will only break him?” Yoongi pushed Hoseok out of the way and walked to his room. After a night of sobbing they had cried themselves to sleep, full of regret for letting Jin go out with the weather as bad as it was.

“Jin-hyung… I know you are still there. You’re just lost. It’s okay though, we’ll help you find your way back home. The place where you truly belong.”



 

*Next Morning*

“We have to tell him today. Yesterday I understand why we couldn’t, but if he doesn’t know today, he won’t know that his hyung isn’t coming back.” Hoseok told the other boys.

“Oh, but we don’t want to break him.” Yoongi glared at Hoseok then left for the kitchen.

“What’s that all about, hyung?”

 

“Nothing Tae, he’s just being crabby. We also have to contact his parents to know when the f-funeral is.” Hoseok gulped hard at his words of disbelief. He doesn’t want to believe one of his most loved people is gone. Out of reach by his cold fingertips. Then Jimin stands up and puts his hands in mid-air.

“I think we just need to relax for a moment. We’re stressing too much, come over to my place later tonight and we can have a stress-free time.”

 

“But we still have to tell Jungkook.” Hoseok says as he points upstairs still staring at Jimin.

“I’ll tell him.” Yoongi says as he comes through the short hallway from the kitchen.

“Really? You, tell him? Okay.” Hoseok rolls his eyes and walks right up to Yoongi.

 

“Yes really, I can care for him too ya’ know. Just ‘cause Jin is dead doesn’t mean I can’t care about anything anymore.”

“That’s the thing. You don’t.” Hoseok leaves the house and sits on deck.

 

“I’ll go talk to him. He’s just overwhelmed, we’ll heal eventually.” Namjoon opens and closes the door lightly and sits on the step Hoseok is. Hoseok has his palms over his hands and is crying non-stop.

“I’m still telling him.” Yoongi mumbles to himself before walking up the stairs standing before Jungkook’s door. Jungkook has been in his room since yesterday, who knows when he’ll move on?

*Knock! Knock! Knock!*

“Come in.” Yoongi twisted the bronze knob to the right and peeked through the door before entering.

“Jungkook-ah, I have something to tell you. And I hope you know that I’m always here for you. Always.”

“Yoongi-hyung, Jin-hyung isn’t coming back… is he?” Jungkook looks Yoongi dead in the eyes and tries to find the answer on his own. But the longer he looks, the more Yoongi becomes unreadable. Jungkook’s eyes become teary and a single tear falls down the right side of his cheek. Yoongi pulls Jungkook into his tight embrace, almost never wanting to let go.

“No,” Yoongi whispers into his ear, “I’m afraid he’s not.” After about a half hour Jungkook and Yoongi come out the room.

“Finally, come on we’re going to Jimin’s now.” Tae stretches his arms and leads them to the car. They got to Jimin’s house and knocked on the door only to reveal a confetti and pillows being thrown everywhere. Jimin held his hand out and moved it up and down, in a ‘Come Inside’ type of way. Jungkook steps in and follows Jimin down the narrow hallway only looking at Jimin’s sunglasses on the back of his head.

They’re all having fun. They didn’t think a day like this would come so sudden after the tragedy. Jimin really knows how to make stress and pain go away even if only for 60 seconds, it’s worth it. The pain-reliever is worth waiting for when you have friends that bring you back to life.

Jungkook stops in his track and stares into the kitchen, staring at the pulled out chair with a familiar figure in it. One he’ll never forget.

“J-Jin?” He steps further into the kitchen revealing everyone else in the kitchen with Jin. Jin is trying to accomplish his house of cards. Once he finished Taehyung knocks it down, Jin just smiles and shrugs it off. He puts his hand on the back of his neck, but doesn’t speak. Jungkook doesn’t realise how bad his tears are threatening to attack him.

“Let’s go for a ride.” Yoongi suggests. Everyone nods, somehow including Jin.

 

“Y-yeah, a ride.” Jungkook stutters as he goes outside with the rest of the boys. Jin gets in front while the rest of us are sitting in the dugout box shape in the back of the truck.

“Where are we going?” Nobody answered Jungkook so he just shrugged it off.

 

“Hey yo! Stop the truck!” The truck stops and turns sideways, blocking the rest of the cars. They all get out and line up alongside the truck, all except for Jin. They scream at the top of their lungs and start running towards the other cars. Taehyung jumps on top of one and spray paints an X overtop the glass. They all run around the cars, almost like a maze, yelling at the people inside. The last to yell at someone was Yoongi, he throws a cup at a car and people start to get out of their vehicles.

“Go! Go! Go!” They all start running in front of the truck until Jin catches up to them, motioning them with his hands to get in. But, why is they’re only five in back?

Jungkook looks in front of the car and only sees Namjoon driving.