Seeing Mika!

From Left Field

~~ Yun Hee POV ~♥~

After lunch was the second half of classes. They went by quickly without much happening. The final bell rang at the end of the school day. Kyou and I headed to the shoe lockers together, but had to split up because they were on a different side from each other’s.

This was another one of our routines. We’d go to our respective shoe lockers to get settled before leaving and waiting outside the school gates. I was usually the first one out, and today was no exception.

I leisurely stood on the right side of the gate entrance. I held my schoolbag in one hand and my violin in the other. I was scheduling how I'll spend my time today. Let’s see, Kyou would come over around 4 o’clock and leave at 8. I can finish homework as soon as I get home, practice that new sheet music at about 7:00, take a shower when Kyou leaves, and have free time until I sleep at 10. That sounds good.

“Yun Hee!” I recognized the voice to be Jiyoung’s new friend Karam. I snapped my head to the left where I heard him call from. He was standing on the left side of the gate with Jay and two others I didn’t know.

I waved at him, unsure if he’d wanted me to come over to talk. He waved his hand to say “come here.” As I got closer to the group, I noticed how good-looking they all were.

One had short hair that didn’t go past his ears. He was husky and the tallest of them all, but he seemed sweet.

The other boy was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. He had black, silky hair that I wanted to run my fingers through. His cold and distant eyes were a bewildering blue that were most likely contacts, but that didn’t change his strikingly handsome appearance from making my heart pound. His nose was cute and thin, just like his lips that he was biting. His long, gorgeously pale face was supported by a slender neck, a neck that I wanted to-

I cut my erted observations off before they were able to read my lewd thoughts on my face.

“These are my other friends I was talking about,” he told me. “Hyunmin,” he pointed to the first one.

“Hello,” he grinned.

“Hi.” I smiled back.

“And this is Mika.” Karam pointed to the one that I had fawned over moments ago.

“Good afternoon,” he curtly said. He tilted his head in a bow.

“‘Afternoon,” I forced out. The lump in my throat made it hard to say anything to such a dazzling man.

“Where’re Jiyoung and Kyou?” He looked around as if they were small enough for him to miss.

I shifted my gaze to Karam, making sure I was still able to see Mika out of the corner of my eyes. “I guess they’re still inside. I’m waiting for them so we can go home together.” I felt nervous even though Mika’s attention was focused on a nearby tree instead of me. That made me sad.

“Oh,” he simply said. A silence loomed over. I began coming up with possible conversation starters so it wasn’t as awkward.

I decided on “How was your first day here?”

“It was great. Everyone was really friendly for the most part.”

“’For the most part’?” Maybe someone bullied him for having such a nice face. I noticed Mika’s tongue stick out of his mouth just the tiniest bit, as if he was in deep thought. It was cute. I felt my face heat up, but not enough for anyone to spot.

“No, I just meant that I hadn’t gotten to know everyone yet, so…” he trailed off. Mika’s tongue returned to its cave. He raised his hand to adjust his fringe from his eyes. Metallic rings adorned his elegant fingers.

“Yeah, well, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. I’m sure you’ll make some nice friends soon. It shouldn’t be too hard for someone like you,” I smiled.

“Yeah, thanks,” he returned the expression.

Just then, Jiyoung had arrived with Kyou not too far behind. Karam and Jay said hello to the both of them and reintroduced their partners.

The four of them talked for a little longer, but I was busy with Mika. I looked at whoever was talking while smiling, but my attention was focused on the alluring new form. He was watching us. I wonder if he was listening.

Hyunmin joined in. “Yes, do you?” I didn’t know who or what he was talking about.

Jiyoung brought my full attention back to the group with “Yeah, we all do. Right, Yun Hee?”

“Uhh, yeah, right…” I still was unaware of the subject.

“Are you even paying attention?”  Kyou sharply muttered. Jiyoung was saying something about anime over Kyou so the others wouldn’t have been able to hear.

“No, I was daydreaming. What’s happening?” It wasn’t a complete lie. I was daydreaming about Mika and I doing this and that, but I wasn’t going to tell her that now.

“Ugh, nothing,” she grumbled. There was a small pause in the outer conversation. “We need to be going to the station now,” Kyou interjected.

“Oh, sorry for keeping you,” Karam apologized.

“You can meet Injun tomorrow,” Jay added. Injun was probably another member of theirs.

“Okay, see you tomorrow,” Jiyoung bid her farewell.

Kyou turned to walk away. “Bye,” she said over her shoulder.

“Bye,” I mustered and followed.

When we were out of earshot, I burst. “Holy crap! Did you see that? Mika?”

They gave quizzical looks. “No. What did he do?” Kyou answered first.

“He blinded me with his beauty, that’s what he freaking did!”

“Oh?” Kyou wasn’t sure how to respond.

“You like him?” Jiyoung questioned.

“You don’t?!”

“He didn’t really say anything, so I don’t really know him.”

“He doesn’t need to say anything! How did you not just fall in love with him?”

“You’re crazy,” Kyou interjected.

“No, I’m not,” I pouted back.

 It became quiet. Jiyoung looked like she wanted to continue on the topic.

“So,” she started, “you’re in love with him?”

“Don’t be stupid,” Kyou cut in, “You just met him and didn’t even say a word to him.”

“I never said I was in love with him. I think he’s good-looking. Besides, we said ‘good afternoon’ to each other,” I defended.

“Right,” Kyou said exasperatedly. “So Yun Hee likes Mika, and Jiyoung likes Karam. How weird is that?”

“What? Who said that?” Jiyoung whined innocently.

“I saw you watching him like a creeper at lunch.”

“What?” she interrupted surprised.

“He was watching you, too, though, so it makes it okay.”

“What?” This time it was full of hope.

“That’s what Jay and I were talking about when he said, ‘Did you see that?’.”

“Nice. So that means Karam likes Jiyoung too?” I joined in. “If Jay thought the same thing you did, and they’re close friends and all, he has to be right about it.”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Kyou concluded.

We reached the subway station. Jiyoung hadn’t said anything yet. She was feeling shy, not knowing what to say about the situation. We hadn’t pressed on either.

We sat on our usual bench to wait for the train.

It was so strange that the three of us had found a crush today. They were all new students, too. Beautiful, talented boys transferred into our classes. Two of them even became our friends. We also talked to them before other girls got a chance to steal them away from us…

This was like a shoujo manga! So unreal!

The train came, and we hopped on it. I looked out the window daydreaming about talking to Mika after school tomorrow. I have trouble breathing around him, let alone talking, but it was still nice to fantasize.


Finally Mika reveals himself! Hyunmin is here too, but he'll be lonely~ Girlfriend-wise, at least. Next chapter? Injun comes. Sadly, he'll be loverless as well. On the plus side, how do you like the poster? Isn't that picture of Mika so cute?!?!?!?! I just love it when he his lips like that >.<