Introducing Jay!

From Left Field

~~ Yun Hee POV ~♥~

The next morning I did my customary routine before I went to school. I brushed my hair, used the bathroom, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, got changed into my uniform, and packed up my bag. I went downstairs to the living room and sat on the couch watching old television shows that my father was watching while waiting for Kyou to come over so we could head over to school together.

The three of us walked to the subway and boarded the first one. When we got off, we only had to walk a few more minutes to reach the school building. We went inside, switched our shoes in our lockers, and leisurely strolled to our respective classrooms. I was in the same class as Kyou, but Jiyoung was alone. It was only 7:30, so we still had 20 minutes until class started. I went over to Kyou’s seat and sat down in the empty one next to her. We talked like we normally did until the teacher rushed in a second before class began. Everyone scrambled to their desks.

He made his greetings. “Good morning. Today, we’ll start with some introductions of new students-,” he cut himself off and waited for everyone to stop whispering about what kind of person the new student will be. “So, apparently we have one new student to this class, but there’s also some more in other classes,” he sounded more like he was asking a question to himself. How many sudden new students were there?  “Uhh, we have Jeon Jihwan.”

A boy walked in on cue. His steps were airy, like he was a feather in the wind. His body wasn’t muscular, but you could tell he was somewhat fit. A dancer, I assumed. He smiled and introduced himself. “Hello, I’m Jeon Jihwan, but I prefer for everyone to call me Jay. I just came to Seoul not too long ago hoping to become a professional dancer in a pop group with my friends. Please take care of me,” he bowed.

The teacher told him to sit in the empty seat in the back next to some girl who looked like she was excited. I looked around and saw that some of the other girls were staring at him with interest, too. He had an attractive face. He seemed friendly.

Hana Eun, a friend of mine, turned around in her seat in front of me. “He’s cute,” she laughed. She was the type of girl you would call “boy crazy.” We hadn’t been friends for long, but we were kind of close. Not as close as Kyou, Jiyoung, and me, though. She turned back around.

Speaking of Kyou, I looked across the room over to Kyou. She watched him as he walked past her indifferently. She saw me examining her and shot me a glare that said, “Stop looking at me, weirdo!” I grinned so wide that my teeth showed and my eyes were half closed. I knew I looked crazy, but everybody was too busy leering at Jay to notice me. She shook her head to say, “Whatever.” She was uncomfortable, I could tell. That was suspicious. She seemed too conscious of her moves… Jay was a few seats behind her… I tried connecting my observations…

This was strange…

I stole one last glance at Jay. He was looking back and forth between me and Kyou. Had he seen our silent communication? We made eye contact and slightly smiled to each other.

After what felt like an hour, the teacher began his lesson as if nothing had happened. I paid no attention, for I was too busy pondering what really had happened.

Suspicious…


Yay, Jay! Hmm, could Kyou possibly like Jay? Continue reading, and you'll find out in the next chapter~ You'll also meet Karam! Yay! Look at the poster! Do you see the love umbrella? Isn't it cute?