Duets and Declarations!

From Left Field

~♥~ Yun Hee POV ~♥~

We made it to karaoke safely with out any awkwardness. I realized that Jiyoung was feeling a little uncomfortable with Min Ah trying to take Karam away, even if Min Ah didn't know Jiyoung had feelings for Karam too. Even though I knew this, I felt a little unhappy with Min Ah for Jiyoung's sake. It was normal to feel like this, right? I could tell that Kyou was the same.

When we made it to the karaoke place, Mika went up to the front desk to pay. I couldn't let them pay for it all, so I went up with money of my own, Jiyoung's, and Kyou so we can split it. "How much is our share?"

Mika shook his head. "Don't worry about it."

I paused for a few seconds. "No, let me pay some." I looked at the price and tried to do the math of how much 3/9 of it would be.

"It's okay. We'll pay for it." He reached into his wallet as I had finished my calculations.

"I'll pay this much." I watched him count some money and stuck my money in front of him when he had reached his share of the check to make him stop.

"No, really, it's okay." He moved my arm away from him and handed the person his money.

"No, it's not. Here," I directed the employee, "take this money and give the change to him." I ran away before Mika could stop me. I didn't like it when people paid for me. I didn't want him to think I was some freeloader either.

"Hey, wait, what are you doing, weirdo?" he called me. Was that my new nickname from him? Like a petname?

The others had already gone into a room, so I followed after them. Kyou asked me how much it was, and I told her. "Mika wouldn't let me pay, so I forced him to let us," I ended.

"Why would you do that? Now we spent money we could have kept," Jiyoung complained.

"I feel bad that I didn't pay anything now," Min Ah joined. I felt annoyed by her. I think Jiyoung has some control over my emotions, like I feel what she feels.

Mika entered and sat next to me. "What was that for? Take this," he tried to hand me the leftover money.

I put my hands behind my back. "No."

"Here, take it," he laughed and attempted to pry may hands away from my back.

"No, get away from me!" I yelped and slapped his hands away. He dug into my pocket for my wallet instead. "Creeper! Stop that." He only laughed at my reaction. Mika was touching me so casually! I couldn't stop from feeling embarrassed. Everywhere he touched felt hot. My face was probably so red. He stopped, but continued laughing. "And you call me weird."

He only laughed harder. "This is one thing. You've done more weird things than I have."

"It's about quality, not quantity." I wasn't sure if that made sense or not.

"That doesn't apply to these type of situations."

"You just don't understand. I meant, like, you did the weirdest thing, so you're the weirdest, even if I've been weird more times." I don't think that made sense. He looked at me blankly. "Nevermind," I crossed my arms and sighed.

"I understand," Kyou interjected and patted my head in comfort.

"I know you do," I sobbed while lying my head on her shoulder.

I saw out of the corner of my eye that Mika was still interested in talking with us. "Weirdo."

We all went through at least one solo song each, then Jiyoung brought up an idea. "Why don't we have a guy and a girl do a duet." I looked around to see the other's reactions.

"Sure," Karam agreed. "Who wants to do it?"

"Well, what kind of songs do they have for a boy and a girl?" Hyunmin asked and searched through the song list.

I thought maybe Jiyoung wanted to do a duet with Karam or something. Maybe she wanted Kyou and Jay to have another moment. She definitely couldn't be trying to get Min Ah with Karam, could she?

Everyone crowded over to the song list. Injun was the first to point one out. "Oh, Trouble Maker by Trouble Maker." I knew that song.

"Who wants to do it?" Jiyoung asked.

Injun responded, "Mika knows that song most, right?"

I prayed she didn't say anything suspicious. "Yun Hee, don't you also like that song out of all of us? Well, I don't know about Min Ah..." I was relieved she was subtle about it.

Although I was nervous, I said, "Yeah, I'll do it." I wonder if I'll regret this.

I got up and grabbed the extra microphone from Mika's hand. He was smirking. The song started playing, and I whistled with the singers despite the butterflies in my stomach.

They had to pick a song like this. Not only was it a love song, but it had this y tune to it. How was I supposed to stay calm with this? I did my best in not showing I was awkward.

Mika imitated JS's dancing during the instrumental break. Everyone clapped and made satisfactory noises at him showing off. He even danced the part where HyunA and JS did some foot movements together. I tried them with him, but failed. Nonetheless, I was having fun.

Everyone clapped at the end of the song. Mika and I bowed at our audience. I set the microphone down and went to my seat.

Karam and Injun went to look for another song when Kyou mentioned something that had been on our three minds recently. "You know, we never saw you guys perform as Dae Guk Nam Ah yet."

Jay was excited to hear that. "Kyou wants to see us perform!"

"I want to see it, too," Min Ah interrupted.

"Let's do it some other time, then," Hyunmin suggested. We didn't go into further details because Karam and Injun had found the song they were looking for.

~♥~ Kyou POV ~♥~

I hadn't used the bathroom all day, and I really had to go. "I'll be right back. I'm going to the bathroom." Jiyoung and Yun Hee voiced their acknowledgements of my leaving. Min Ah looked like she was about to say something, but decided against it. She was probably going to ask if I wanted her to come with me. I'm glad she didn't. That would have been awkward. I don't know why girls always want to go to the bathroom together anyway. They're weird.

I used the bathroom without any problems and left to go back to the room we were occupying. I saw Karam and Min Ah outside of the door. For some reason, I felt the need to eavesdrop for Jiyoung's sake. I hid behind a plant like any other normal spy would.

It looked like I hadn't missed anything important. "What's wrong, Min Ah?" Karam said concerned.

"Nothing, really, it's just..." Min Ah was looking at Karam's chest. Hurry up and say it, I thought. Crouching is really uncomfortable. I was just about to get up and walk past them like I hadn't been on a stakeout when Min Ah spoke up again. "I really like you, Karam. Please go out with me," she fixed her gaze on his eyes.

Karam smiled politely. He wasn't unfazed or surprised. This must happen to him often. "I'm sorry," he bowed. "I don't think of you that way, but let's remain friends."

Min Ah looked like she was about to cry. I felt annoyed. She's only known him for two weeks, and she's going to cry because he doesn't want to go out with her. I decided to get out from my hiding spot. They didn't see me until I got closer. "What are you guys doing?"

Min Ah looked down at her shoes. "Nothing."

I opened the door and let the two of them go in first. That was awkward.


Chapter 12~! They finally made it to the karaoke box. I'm not sure how Koreans do it, but this is how it works in Japan, so... close enough. Does anyone find it annoying how I use Japan culture instead of Korean even if they're in Korea? I know I don't like it when I read Japanese fanfiction and they use a lot of American culture. So, tell me if you think it's annoying if you even read these author's notes.

I almost forgot to post this >.< As an after thought, I want to add that there may or may not be a chapter next week OTL Usually by now I would have had next week's chapter finished with an A/N and everything prepared, but I'm too busy reading amazing fanfics to write anything. Seeing all of these awesome writers on here kinda lowers my confidence and willingness to write, so yeah... But you guys probably don't even care OTL

I like writing OTL and strikethroughs.

EDIT: So, I posted chapter posters for 10, 11, and 12, and they OTL (I think I'm overusing OTL). I'm not very creative nor am I artistic, but I tried my best (sort of?). I like the ideas I had for the poster, but when I actually started making them, everything went wrong. I didn't even bother changing the contrasts in chater 10 and 11 because I'm lazy, but I did in 12, and as you can see, it came out bad.

Long author's note is long.