Love You 'Til the End! (Part II)

From Left Field

~♥~ Kyou POV ~♥~

I left through the front door to Yun Hee and Jiyoung’s home. The distance to the park wasn’t too far away, so I decided to walk there. As I was on my way, I got a text from one of the friends I was planning to meet up. She told me to meet them at the coffee shop nearby. I wrote back that I would.

Silently and all by myself, I paced to the given coffee shop. Eventually, I made it and greeted my two friends. They both had their cameras slung onto their shoulder.

“Are you going to get anything?” Taeyeon asked me after announcing she was getting in line.

I looked over at the menu. I don’t really like coffee, so I don’t know why I even bothered to check it. The line was too long anyway since it was around lunch time on a Sunday. “No. I’ll just sit over here and wait for you guys.” I pointed to the stools that faced the window.

“Do you not have any money? I’ll buy you something,” Sungmin offered.

“It’s not that. I have money. Thanks, though.” With that, I went to go sit on the stool. I gently placed my camera on the counter and looked out the window. There were a lot of people leisurely strolling about the area. Probably out to eat, I thought. It was a good day to be out.

It felt like ten minutes had passed, and I was getting impatient. I leaned my head on my hand, bored. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the back of a boy in a white hoodie outside. He picked up a basket and looked under it. He must’ve lost something because after that he checked behind a pot of flowers. As he turned around to peer over the gate next to him, I recognized him. It was Jay. I knew he seemed familiar. What is that guy doing?

A smile graced his lips while he continued his search for whatever it was. He hadn’t caught me staring yet. I sort of wanted him to see me. I considered going out to ask him what he was doing, but didn’t.

Still not noticing my presence, he went to cross the street. He turned his head waiting for the streetlight to change. I saw him shout something, but didn’t hear it. He was too far away. Maybe I was being paranoid, but I swear it looked like he called my name. I laughed at how silly that would be of him, but didn’t cross it out of the list of things he was looking for. He was a strange guy.

 

~~ Jiyoung POV ~~

After Karam and I exited through the front door, we headed to the subway station to get a ride into town. We spent most of the journey in silence, both of us too nervous to say much. We were seated on a bench waiting for the subway small talking until Karam turned more serious.

“Do you think,” he hesitated, “I moved too fast?”

I was taken aback. I hadn’t expected such a question, and I hadn’t really thought much about the pace we were going. It wasn’t like we did anything besides confess. “What do you mean?”

Karam looked over at me, then down at his onyx high-tops. “It’s just, we only knew each other for a month, and I just confessed yesterday, and we’re already going on a date.”

I was at a loss for words. I guess he was sort of right, but what did it matter? “Does it bother you?”

He started tracing shapes onto his black skinny jeans.”Doesn’t it bother you?”

I thought about how I should respond; tell him “I asked first” or answer truthfully. I decided to do the latter, so I grabbed his long striped scarf and pulled on it to get him to look at me. “No.”

He stared at my face for a moment in shock. His face slowly turned into a relieved one, and he smiled and chuckled. “Good.” I smiled back at him silently.

Out of nowhere, I felt something on my hand. I looked down and saw that Karam was entwining our fingers. I looked up at startled, about to say something, anything, but the noise of the approaching subway stopped me.

“This is ours,” Karam announced and stood up. He let me board the vehicle first. We went to sit near the back. I took the window seat, and he sat down after me.

I shyly looked up to see Karam’s expression. He was smiling down at me. I blushed and brought my gaze back down to our never parting hands.

 

~~ Yun Hee POV ~~

My smug smile never vanished as I reached into the bathroom cupboard for a band-aid. Mika was waiting for his bandage sitting on the edge of the bathtub behind me.

The second shelf showed that we had three kinds of band-aids: pink Hello Kitty ones, waterproof ones, and the normal ones. Which one should I give him? Of course it would be my favorite in this selection.

I reached up to grab the box and took a strip out with my back still facing him. A grin replaced my previous look as I turned around. “Here you go.” I held it out in front of me.

“Really? Hello Kitty? Is that all you have?” He stood up ready to inspect the cabinet.

“Yes, really, it is all we have,” I lied. He could tell I was kidding.

Without saying anything, he went in front of me. My face was a centimeter from his chest. I could smell his dark gray t-shirt. It was a natural, musky scent. It smelled so good. If Mika hadn’t stepped away from me and put the regular box of band-aids in my eyes, I would have voiced that thought out loud. “Liar,” he sang while shaking the box.

I could only blush and turn back to put the Hello Kitty band-aids back onto the shelf.

Mika noticed my internal conflict. “Are you okay?” He took out a bandage and undid the wrappings. He was back to sitting on the side of the tub.

“Yeah,” I told him. “Why?” Hoping that my face had returned to its normal color, I turned back around and leaned on the sink. I couldn’t make eye contact, so I just let my gaze fall on the towel rack on my left.

“It just looks like something’s bothering you.” He gingerly placed the bandage onto his wounded hand where Fibi had scratched him earlier.

“No, nothing’s bothering me,” I acted confused. It wasn’t really bothering me. I don’t really know what he was doing to me. So he wouldn’t press on, I added, “I’m just thinking about how Karam is treating Jiyoung right now.”

He nodded in understanding. We sat there in silence, but my mind wouldn’t shut up. There has been so much romantic drama out of nowhere. Well, maybe not to him, but to me, it was taking up so much of me. Every little thought revolved around him, and he only saw me as one of his underclassman friends.

All of this just came from left field.


H-Hi, guys ^^" *nervous laughter*

So... how have you been?

It's been a while. Almost a month, actually...

Well, at least it wasn't as bad as last time's two month hiatus, right?

Please forgive me v.v