Kyou's Karaoke!

From Left Field

~♥~ Yun Hee POV ~♥~

After school I waited outside of the gates for Jiyoung and Kyou like usual. Mika, Hyunmin, Injun and Jay were already there. Jay was the first to speak. "Hello again, Yun Hee. Should we go to the car without them or should we stay here and wait."

"Well, it's not like it's cold or anything. Besides, I like waiting here. It's a tradition for us."

"Are we breaking your tradition by giving you guys a ride to school?" Hyunmin mocked.

"Yes, but it's okay because we don't have to pay for transportation," I smiled widely.

"Actually," Injun stuck his hand out, "you need to pay for gas." He laughed.

"Here's a five." I gave him a high-five as a joke.

Karam and Jiyoung came out together giggling. How cute. "Hello," Karam greeted. Kyou was following shortly behind them.

Jiyoung gasped. "When did you get here?"

"I was behind you for a while now. I don't know how you didn't notice."

No one said anything to it. I inwardly smiled at how cute it was that they hadn't noticed anyone around them when they were together. It was so cute. I imagined the scene of them coming out of the school laughing again. They were glowing and walking in slow motion. Jiyoung's hair slighly bounced at each step, and Karam couldn't take his eyes off of the way her lips turned upward. I dreamily sighed out loud.

"There you go again," Mika finally said something.

I snapped out of my reverie. "What do you mean?"

"You're always sighing." The eight of us started walking to the van.

"That one was a good sigh, though."

"The others were a bad sigh?" He raised a quizzical eyebrow at me.

"No, they just weren't good sighs. They were normal sighs."

"I don't get you." He shook his head and looked down at me in the corner of his eye while smiling. His eyes were shining. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I noticed that Jiyoung and Kyou were watching us with puzzled expressions. They were wondering when we got to be so close. I shot them a creeper smile.

"What was that?" Injun said surprised. He must have seen my creeper smile.

"What was what?" I glared at him.

"That weird smile." By the look on the other four's faces, they hadn't seen the weird smile.

"They're always smiling weirdly at each other. We just have to ignore it and pretend like you didn't see anything," Jay enlightened Injun.

Jiyoung, Kyou, and I started to laugh. "That's the best thing to do, Jay." We got into the car.

It was silent at first until Injun turned the radio on. Super Junior's "Mr. Simple" was on. I love that song, so I sang it. My singing was terrible, and usually I'd only sing in front of close friends, but I was in a good mood.

Jay turned around to me. "You at singing."

Instead of stopping, I got louder. Jiyoung joined in on my singing. She wasn't as bad as I was, but she wasn't that good either. Karam heard her voice and also sang along. Jay did the same. Eventually, everyone was singing except Kyou.

"Come on, Kyou," Jay tried to get her to sing.

"No, I don't like this song."

"So, what."

"I don't even know the words."

The song ended. "Aww. You didn't even sing. The next song you have to sing, or we're kicking you out."

Kyou her teeth. "No, you're not. That would be too mean."

"You don't think I'm mean?"

"No, not really."

Jay smiled, relieved. "Good."

The next song happened to be a slow love song. I didn't know the name of it, but I knew most of the words. Kyou did, too, so she couldn't use the excuse of not knowing the lyrics.

Jay kept egging Kyou to sing. He was watching her while singing. He was practically serenading her. She kept trying to avoid his eyes, but he wouldn't look away. She was feeling uncomfortable.

"If you want me to stop, you have to sing," Jay teased.

She gave in and actually started to sing. It was softly, and I was barely able to hear her sitting directly next to her. I was surprised. Jay turned back around in victory still singing. Kyou smiled sincerely at his back.

After that song was "I am the Best" by 2NE1. Kyou absolutely hated that song. She showed it by groaning. She stopped singing. Jay didn't urge her to keep going this time.

~♥~ Jiyoung POV ~♥~

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday went by quickly. It was decided that Dae Guk Nam Ah, us three, and Min Ah were going to karaoke on Sunday, today. Kyou came over so the three of us could walk over together. I was having trouble picking what to wear. This would be the first time Karam saw me in something other than my school uniform. I wanted to wear something cute but not something so cute that he thinks I'm trying too hard. Yun Hee had the same problem.

She decided with a dress but was feeling too self-conscious and opted out of it for jeans, a pink flowery blouse, and red wedge shoes. I wore a black lace-trimmed skirt, an off the shoulder grey top, black heels, and a matching fedora. Kyou chose to wear her normal clothes of a purple and black striped long-sleeved shirt under an open short-sleeved button down, black slacks, and ankle boots.

We strolled over to the boys' house nearby. We were going to go there together and pick Min Ah up on the way. There is only eight seats, so Min Ah is going to try to squeeze in the back with us. Already outside were Mika and Hyunmin.

"Those boys are taking way too long," Mika complained. He opened the front door and unlocked the back doors. He sat in the driver's seat with the door opened one leg outside of the car for fresh air, I assumed.

I lightly laughed to be polite. It was silent for a while, so I took the chance to see what kind of clothes the both of them would wear. Hyunmin had a strange red sweatshirt with a picture that reminded me of a poker card and jeans. Mika was wearing a black tee under a black thin jacket and red skinny jeans. I got the feeling they weren't stressed about what to wear.

Jay came out wearing dark jeans and a grey hoodie. "Kyou," he cried and hugged her. She didn't push him away. She just kind of stood there awkwardly. "Hi Jiyoung and Yun Hee!"

We both returned the greeting. "I think Kyou is getting used to your glompings," I added.

"I think so," Kyou agreed. It was like she decided to show a different side of herself to Jay besides her annoyed face. Good luck, I cheered her on in my head.

Injun suddenly appeared behind Jay with a green hoodie and camouflage shorts. I took the chance to give a two thumbs up to Kyou while everyone's attention was on Injun. "Hello everyone," he exclaimed joyfully.

"You seem overly excited," Kyou brought up.

"Do I? I'm just happy that Jay and Karam made good friends."

The way he said it made it sound like they had trouble making friends. I was curious about their past. Would it be weird if I asked them? I imagined how strange it would be. It reminded me as if I was Karam's new girlfriend asking his mother about what he was like as a child. I guess I'll ask about that later, then.

Karam was the last to exit their home. I reveled in the sight of him. It was amazing how he could wear such plain clothes as a burgundy sweatshirt and white-washed jeans while still looking so cute. A smile lit up his features as soon as he spotted us.

"Jiyoung?" Karam called to me.

"Huh?"

"I said 'Hi.'"

I flushed. I was too busy admiring him to realize that he had said something earlier. I felt my neck get hot. "Sorry, I was... umm... yeah." I gave up configuring an excuse and hopped into the car that the others were already in.

"So, Kyou," Hyunmin began, "Why did you reject Jay?"

Everyone turned to Kyou. She sighed. "Why does everyone ask that? Isn't it normal to not accept a date with somone you've known for barely a week?"

"No. Some people go out on dates after only knowing them for a a few hours," Injun pointed out.

"That's when they meet at bars or clubs," Karam countered.

"Why are you on her side?" Jay asked.

Karam looked apologetic. "Of course I'm on your side."

Yun Hee tried to spare Kyou future misery. "Why does everyone keep bringing that up? Wouldn't you rather Jay not go through the pain of hearing over and over again why Kyou won't go out with him?"

"Jay is a big boy. He can deal with it," Mika retorted.

Eventually we made it to Min Ah's house. I expected her to come out with something incredibly cute, but she only wore jeans and a t-shirt. Despite her normal clothes, she still looked pretty. She did her hair and make-up differently. I wore no make-up, and my hair was the same style it was always in. She must have looked mature in Karam's eyes. I regretted inviting her with us.

Yun Hee, Kyou, and I moved over in the car to make room for Min Ah. "Hey, Guys," she said to all of us.

I acted normal, as if her presence didn't annoy me for the first time. "Hi."

Karam introduced everyone to the newcomer. "Min Ah! Hi. You don't know everyone right? This is Jay, Injun, Mika, and Hyunmin."

I realized that she never acually talked to Yun Hee and Kyou; I've just mention them to her sometimes. "This is Yun Hee and Kyou."

"Well, I could have guessed that because Yun Hee is the one that looks like you and Kyou is the only other girl," Min Ah responded.

"Oh, right." Did she try to make me feel stupid on purpose?

Everyone laughed at her common sense. I forced a smile out. I would have looked out the window like I'd normally do, but Min Ah was blocking my way.


  
Chapter 11~ Weeee~! I got this done pretty quick, actually. Do you know why? Because I got three new comments the day I posted the last chapter(even if two were from the same person)!!! But, yeah, that made me really happy and motivated. I'm glad Heeba15 and MelonCandy like From Left Field. So~ Nothing exciting really happened, but we're on the road to Viridian City karaoke~! Next chapter I wanted to do Yun Hee, but I also wanted to focus more on the love triangle. I have too many ideas for one event; I can't decide! Well, you guys will see what I do next week!

EDIT: If you hadn't noticed, the fonts in the poster have been changing. The reason for this is just because I lost the Photoshop versions of my posters, so I can't copy and paste go back and check the font size, color, blending options, etc. My sister told me to say it was just because this is like Part II and stuff, and I'm like, "No -.-"