Love You 'Til the End! (Part III)

From Left Field

~♥~ Jiyoung POV ~♥~

Holding Karam’s hand actually made me feel more at ease. His hands were a little clammy, so he was as nervous as I was. They were a dry clammy, not sweaty. Most of all, they were warm. It was perfect.

We were already in town when I realized that my own hands were a little sweaty. It’s so embarrassing! I wanted so badly to pull away, but I couldn’t. I was too selfish. If Karam knew my hands were sweaty, he didn’t say anything.

There weren’t as many people on the streets as I expected. It was Sunday noon. You’d think that the place would be filled with friends going out to eat with each other. Nevertheless, there were lots of outdoor shops open. There were colorful clothes racks, flower stands, and lots of other items too. I’ve been here before, but I pretended to be interested in everything so Karam wouldn’t notice that I was worried about my sweaty palms.

“What do you think about this?” he asked pulling at a purple t-shirt. There was green slime making English letters on it that I was unable to read.

“It reminds me of a zombie,” I told him.

He chuckled, “Zombies? I guess it does.” He dropped it and moved on to the next rack. “What about these?” He pushed the other hangers to reveal two identical shirts, one in black and the other in white.

I thought about which one would look better, ultimately deciding that “I like the white one better.” I unhooked it from the rack and held it up to his chest.

“Then I’ll buy it for you and get the black one for myself.” He mirrored my action with the black clothing to my form.

It took me a moment to realize he meant to buy us couple shirts. “What? No. I mean- You don’t have to-“

“Is it too cheesy?” Karam laughed. He placed the shirt back where it was.

We spent the next forty-five minutes browsing through the outdoor shops before settling down at a café.

 

~♥~ Kyou POV ~♥~

Taeyeon and Sungmin had finally gotten their coffee and bread, so we headed to the park. It was spring, so I was hoping that the cherry blossom trees would be in full bloom right now. The river would make it even more surreal. Maybe I could even have Taeyeon pose as a model since she looked so elegant in her white summer dress and sleek black hair.

Arriving at our destination, I saw that some families were already there having a picnic. They were taking up all of the trees. The three of us sat near the river waiting for the people to clear out.

Two small children were splashing nearby. Without them noticing, I snapped a picture of it since they were kind of cute. I checked the screen of my camera to see if it came out alright.

“Kyou,” Taeyeon called, “I think that guy over there is staring at you.”

I looked up to see that, yes, there was a guy staring at me across the water. It was Jay. What was he grinning at me for like that? I cast an unamused face at him to get him to stop watching me from afar.

He just snickered as he leisurely walked around the river to sit down next to me. “Hello,” he smiled as if he wasn’t just being a creep.

“Hello,” I mimicked.

He turned to Taeyeon and Sungmin. “Hello, I’m Jay, Kyou’s boyfriend.”

Their faces became genuinely surprised. “No, he’s not,” I quickly butted in. Their expressions returned to normal.

Sungmin commented with, “I was about to say, I didn’t know you had a boyfriend, Kyou. You don’t seem like the type to care about that stuff.”

I ignored the statement, not sure if I was offended or not by it. Jay chose to keep the conversation going.

“Why do you think that?” he asked.

“Well, Kyou is… you know… She’s not exactly one to… you know…” he trailed off. Still, I was unsure of how to feel about these comments.

Jay acted as if he disagreed. “Kyou just has a hard time conveying her feelings, that’s all.” He turned back to me. “Isn’t that right, darling?”

“No. What are you doing here?” I changed the topic. “And don’t call me that.”

“Well,” he began his explanation, “I went over to Yun Hee’s house, but you weren’t there. She told me that you were going to the park with your friends, so I went to come find you.”

“Why were you looking for me?” He really was looking for me under that pot and basket. He’s a strange guy.

“We were supposed to go on a date, remember? I figured we could do it today since Jiyoung and Karam were out too.”

Taeyeon and Sungmin became skeptical at my denying of our romantic relationship. “We never agreed to go on a date. And, anyway, I’m busy right now.” Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a family packing up to leave. I glanced around to see if anyone else was waiting to get under the tree. There wasn’t.

“What are you going to take pictures of? Maybe I can somehow help,” he offered.

I stood up with my camera slung around my shoulder. “There isn’t much for you to do, really.” Jay outstretched his arm for me to help him up. I grabbed his hand to pull him up. It was really soft. I wondered what moisturizer he used.

“Then I’ll just watch,” he declared. I almost forgot what we were just discussing. I was too focused on the brand of his lotion.

“Alright,” I agreed. I kept my grasp on his hand. “Your hands are super soft, Jay.” I examined and rubbed his hand. I couldn’t help it.

“Thank you,” he murmured. Then after a moment, “I’m not the only creep, Kyou.”

I scoffed with a light smile and dropped his hand. “Whatever.”

Taeyeon and Sungmin had already taken the space under the aforementioned tree. They were eyeing us suspiciously. I walked over to the pair and gazed at them with equal suspicion.

Sungmin was the first to clarify their faces. “What was that? I thought he wasn’t your boyfriend.” He watched Jay over my shoulder rolling up his pant legs.

“He’s not. I told you that.” I turned my camera on and snapped a shot of just the tree. The sun rays were visible in the left corner to make a shine effect.

“That’s not what it looked like to me,” he sung. I only rolled my eyes and directed Taeyeon to sit under the branches so that a shadow cast on her body. “Why were you holding hands, then?”

I gave him a what-are-you-talking-about look. “We weren’t holding hands. I was helping him up.” I made sure to ignore any other inquiry to signify that that was the end of the conversation. Seriously, what is up with everyone being hooked on Jay and me? I mean, we’re just friends. He’s only playing around asking me out like that. It’s not like he has real feelings for me.

I changed my position so that the angle of the picture hit the cherry blossom tree and the river, but Jay was in the way. He was squatted with the water rising to his ankles. I guessed that he was looking for nonexistent sea creatures. I decided to take a photo of it rather than yell at him to get out of the view. The screen showed the just taken picture. Jay’s mouth had been quirked at the corners in a small smile and his eyes were glimmering. The sunlight made it look like he was glowing.

“Kyou, look!” I tore my eyes away from the image to Jay. He was holding a dark grey sea slug.

Such a strange guy.


 

~♥~ Jiyoung POV ~♥~

Karam and I decided that since it was such a nice day, we would eat outside. He went inside the café to fetch our coffee and muffins after pulling out my chair for me. He’s such a gentleman, I thought.

While he was gone, I racked my brain for possible conversation starters. I was never too good at socializing, so it was hard for me to come up with something. Karam had finally exited the shop when I remembered a conversation I had with Injun when we went to the karaoke that one day.

"You seem overly excited," Kyou brought up.

"Do I? I'm just happy that Jay and Karam made good friends."

The way he said it made it sound like they had trouble making friends. I was curious about their past. Would it be weird if I asked them? I imagined how strange it would be. It reminded me as if I was Karam's new girlfriend asking his mother about what he was like as a child. I guess I'll ask about that later, then.

I guess it’s later now. Plus, now I am Karam’s girlfriend, so it wouldn’t be weird. My face became hot as I thought of that last sentence. I was Karam’s girlfriend.

“Are you okay?” I snapped my head up at the sound of Karam’s voice.

I grabbed my items from Karam. “Yeah, I’m fine.” He only smiled at me. There was a slight awkward silence of us sipping our beverages as I tried to come up with a way to subtly bring the subject up. I took a bite out of my blueberry muffin when I heard a barking nearby. “Eh? Dog?”

Karam turned in his chair to find the whereabouts of the dog. It was a few feet away from us behind Karam, tied to a pole. The Papillon was mostly white with light brown spots covering its soft fur and fluffy ears. Karam got up out of his chair after setting his muffin on the plastic table. "Hey there, little guy." He reached out to under its chin.

"He's so cute." I left my chair and followed Karam to the dog's location. I pet on top of the puppy's head while Karam continued under its chin. The dog made a content face at all of the attention he was receiving.

Karam stood up and scanned the nearby store windows. "I wonder where his owner is." I hummed in agreement and returned to coo at the dog and shower it with love. He slowly made his way over to a shop, but I couldn't look up to see what store it was. The puppy was too cute to look away from. He kept nudging against my knees and rolling around. It was too adorable!

After a few more moments of playing with the puppy, I heard Karam come back from behind me. I straightened myself and stood up spinning to face him. In front of me was Karam's face donning the brightest smile I've ever seen before something in an equally bright yellow paper replaced the view instead. Karam was holding up a small bouquet of white carnations.

I grabbed the flowers from him while thanking him. Hiding the blush on my face, I brought them up to my nose to smell them. They were beautiful.


Alright, here we are.

*Insert the biggest apology any person has ever given in the world*

Now that I'm done apologizing, I want to say-

No I'm joking. In all seriousness though, I'm suuuuuuper sorry, guys. Like really I don't know why I do this. I'm just a bum. I'm a terrible author. I keep giving you guys random chapters out of nowhere, and I know I said I'd update once a week, but I mean I'm just the laziest person you'll ever meet. I'm sorry OTL You know I love you guys.

Okay, now that you guys know I'm sorry and I love you, I want to thank a few people who have read my story over the past five month hiatus.

So VIXX_angel and xXDarkRox, thank you so much for the comments you left on my wall and stuff~ It meant a lot!

Also a special apology to nosebleeder5 who demanded three chapters as a Christmas gift because I wasn't sure if I would give him a real gift or not. I ended up buying him a present so I was like "Meh, he doesn't need any chapters now." He's my friend in real life, by the way.

GUYS YOU MUST ALL READ THIS:

Okay, speaking of nosebleeder5, he is making a dating sim off of From Left Field!!! Right now we're still working on the story board and have the title screen and sketches and stuff done. We're working on it slowly but surely. I have no estimated date as to when it will be done, but you can check on progress here~

Don't be afraid to join it or ask questions about it~! We'd love to hear any feedback, good or bad!!

Alright I guess that's all for today. Don't forget to comment and what not~ And if you don't have a DeviantArt you're lame make one so you can watch the group! (Also I'm sorry for being all obnoxious and putting that in caps and bolded and red.)