Mansion

Tears Fall Like Raindrops

[IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END (you know, the small note at the end of the chapter that no one usually reads)]

The car ride was long. Youngjae couldn't sleep, because of a mixture of fear and the feeling of being suffocated in the black nothingness of the trunk of the car. If it hadn't been for the warm feeling of Daehyun next to him, he might have gone crazy. 

“I'm scared.” Youngjae whispered, noticing how weak his voice sounded.

“Me too.” Daehyun uttered, scooting a bit closer to Youngjae, as if to try and comfort him, as well as himself. 

“You always seem like you are so fearless though.” Youngjae said, reminiscing of all the times he has called upon Daehyun to help him with things he didn't like. 

“Everyone has fears. Just not the same ones.” Daehyun said. 

“Then what are you scared of?” Youngjae asked. 

“This is going to sound so cheesy, but I'm scared of losing…” Daehyun's voice stopped at the feeling of the car standing still. About 30 seconds of silence later, the trunk was opened. 

The light from the outside world was blinding, making it hard for Youngjae and Daehyun to see. Youngjae felt someone grab his tied wrists and pull him out of the car, where his eyes slowly adjusted to the sun. They were in a driveway of a big house. It was actually more like a mansion. It was surrounded by trees, and Daehyun and Youngjae couldn't even see the city anymore. Where were they? Where had they been taken? Would they ever see Seoul again?

“Welcome to your new home.” One of the men handling them said. The men pulled them towards the from of the mansion, where they opened the large front door s and pushed them inside. 

The mansion was, objectively speaking, beautiful on the inside. The walls were a deep wine red, with golden patterns. The furniture had the same colors. There were pots with flowers everywhere. 

Youngjae got hypnotized by the decoration of the house, so he didn't even see where they were heading. Daehyun, on the other hand, kept a careful eye on the corridors and doors that they passed. 

At last, they arrived in front of a wooden door. It would have looked exactly like the rest of the house, except for the large lock on the door. Daehyun guessed that this would be where they would stay from now on. 

The door was opened. The room was as luxuriously furnished as the rest of the house, that is, if you didn't count the bars on the windows and the lock on the door. There was a large King-size bed in the middle of the room, with a small table on either side of it. The floor was dark wood, with a deep wine red colored carpet.

‘That color could be something else than red wine.’ Daehyun thought to himself. 

The handcuffs were taken of, and the men walked out, locking the door securely behind them.

“So.” Youngjae started, trying to find something to say. 

“I'm hungry.” Daehyun whined. Youngjae softly smiled.

‘Some things never change, I guess.’ He thought, thinking back to the times where Daehyun had woken up at 3am to get a snack.

Youngjae sat down on the bed, followed shortly by Daehyun. 

“You were saying something while we were in the car. It sounded important.” Youngjae asked. He was curious as to what Daehyun, the big, brave man, was scared of.

“It's nothing. I'll tell you one day, if it becomes relevant.” Daehyun said. If he was going to confess to Youngjae, he wanted to do it in a romantic way, not like this. 

“Okay. I'm tired. I think I'll take a nap.” Youngjae said, lying down on the bed, pulling the blanket over himself. Daehyun decided that he had nothing better to do, and laid down next to him. 

“Can you sing something? It'll help me sleep.” Youngjae requested, turning over to look Daehyun in the yes. Daehyun couldn't refuse him, and started humming softly. Youngjae closed his eyes, and within minutes, he had disappeared to the land of dreams. Daehyun spend a second looking at Youngjae's peaceful face, before he too let sleep overtake him.

---------------------
An: hello everyone. Sorry for the wait. I have been in Germany on a field trip, and there was absolutely no wifi. 
I was thinking, I have a hard time keeping up with regular updates, so I came up with a suggestion (only if you guys, my readers are cool with it). I thought about putting this story on a short hiatus, a month or two, where I finish writing the entire story. After that, I will return and be able to update more frequently. Are you guys okay with that, or would you rather have my irregular updates?

Thank you for reading, and please subscribe, vote and comment❤️