Where are we?

Tears Fall Like Raindrops

The first thing Daehyun noticed when he woke up, was the hard floor under him. At first, he thought he had rolled out of bed during the night, and was now lying on the floor in their dorm. But when he opened his eyes, he was met with the cold, grey color of concrete. As he continued to come to his senses, he felt the pounding headache, that had gotten pretty familiar to him during the last few weeks. 

Then he heard a small sound nearby. It took him a moment to realize that it was the sound of a person crying. And it took another second for him to realize that he sniffling sounded oddly familiar. Daehyun sad up, aggravating the headache.

He was sitting in the corner of a sort of cell. The floor, ceiling and three of the four walls were made of concrete, while the last wall was covered with bars. In the opposite end of the cell, a small figure was huddled in the corner. Daehyun recognized the brown hair in a heartbeat. 
"Youngjae?" He asked. Youngjae turned around, and Daehyun's heart broke at the sight of the younger's tear stained cheeks. 
"Good, you're awake." Youngjae said, without any emotion in his voice. Daehyun tried crawling closer, only to be stopped a few meters from Youngjae by a metal chain around his ankle. 
"Where are we?" Daehyun asked. Youngjae looked at him again, this time with something else in his eyes. Something Daehyun recognized as disappointment. 
"Yeah, you wouldn't remember right? You were out cold when I was cornered by strange people telling me to turn you over." Youngjae said, his voice getting more and more aggressive at every word. 
"What?" Daehyun whisper, not really believing that he had slept through something like that. 
"And when I refused to hand you over, they attacked us. And I guess they brought us here." Youngjae said, turning his face away from Daehyun. They fell into silence, both having to process the reality of all of this. 


"This is all your fault." Youngjae whispered, still not looking over at Daehyun. Daehyun felt his heart ache. He knew that this was his fault, but Youngjae saying it made it 1000 times worse. 
"I'm sorry." Daehyun said. 
"If you had just done as told and stopped drinking and going out, this would never have happened." Youngjae said. 
"I know." Daehyun said. He knew all of this already. And he felt terrible. Because of him, they were now both stuck here, not knowing if they were going to live or die. And he had single-handed lay dragged Youngjae into it too. If he just hadn't called him, or if Youngjae had been smart enough to not come and get him. Or if he just had stayed away from the damn alcohol. 
"I'm sorry." Daehyun repeated. Youngjae just kept staring into the wall, as if he didn't hear him. Or didn't want to hear him. 


Some time later, footsteps echoed through the hallway outside the cell. Daehyun tried crawling towards the bars between the cell and the hallway. Seconds later, a figure wearing a black mask came into view. 
"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" The person, a man, said. Daehyun crawled backward again, trying to get as much distance between himself and the stranger as possible. 
"What do you want?" Youngjae asked. The stranger looked over in the corner where Youngjae was sitting and slowly walked towards him. The man seemed quite a lot bigger than both Daehyun and Youngjae. 
"Oh, I want a lot of things, pretty boy." The man said, crouching down to where Youngjae was sitting. Daehyun gritted his teeth at the "pretty boy". Daehyun saw the flash of fear in Youngjae's eyes, and immediately tried to get the man attention to himself. No matter how angry Youngjae was with him, he wasn't about to let his friend get treated like that by this creep. No way. 
"Where are we?" Daehyun asked. The man got up and turned his back to Youngjae. Daehyun's victory was shortlived, however, as the man proceeded to walk towards him. 
"You 2 are pretty curious, huh?" The man said. "Where you are shouldn't matter to you right now, but rather why you are here." The man said. 
"Then why are we here?" Daehyun asked. The man smirked at him. 
"You will find out soon enough, when the boss decides what to do with you." The stranger said, turning around and walking towards the door. 

When the footsteps at the end of the hallway dissappeared, Daehyun finally got the ability to breathe again. He looked over at Youngjae who was staring into the wall again. 
"Youngjae?" Daehyun asked, just to get some form of response from the other. 
"I want to go home." The younger whispered, only just loud enough for Daehyun to hear. 
"Me too. I'm sure the others are searching for us already. Don't worry, we'll be home soon." Daehyun said, not only trying to comfort Youngjae, but himself as well. 
"But what if we don't? What if they kill us? Or even worse what if they decide to sell us or something?" Youngjae said, tears starting to roll down his face from imagining all of the scary scenarios.
"You need to be positive, okay? If we're not positive, we might as well just tell them to kill us now." Daehyun said. If they lost hope, they would never make it here. They didn't know what these people might do to them, and if they lost hope, it would be 100 times worse. 
"We're going to die anyway. Or worse." Youngjae said. He had returned to staring into the wall. 
"If it was that man who scared you, don't worry. I won't let him touch you, okay?" Daehyun said, crawling closer to Youngjae. 
"You can't promise that." Youngjae said. 
"I can try." Daehyun said. 

Youngjae turned his head to face him. Daehyun was sitting a few meters away. Without really thinking about it, Youngjae crawled over to Daehyun, the chain around his ankle just long enough, and hugged him. Daehyun hugged him back. 
"I'm sorry for the things I said earlier." Youngjae said. Daehyun shook his head. 
"You have all right to be angry with me. It is my fault that we're here." Daehyun said. 
"But we're here now, so we need to stop fighting and figure out a way to escape, or at least stay alive." Youngjae said. 

And they stayed like that for hours, sitting with their backs to the wall, with their arms around each other. Neither of them spoke much, but it was okay. At least for now, it was okay. 

---------
An: first off, thank you to everyone who has subscribed and commented. It's really nice to know that some people like your story. Also, I don't know when the next chapter will be up. School starts again tomorrow and I normally have tons of homework. But I will try to get another chapter up within this week.

Also, are anybody, beside me, super excited for BAP's comeback. I've seen the teaser pics, and they look gorgeous. I still can't choose a bias between Daehyun and Youngjae. So for now, I'll just say that my bias is DaeJae.❤️