XI. THE TASTE OF HER OWN MEDICINE

A Billionaire's Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Billionaire's Confession: Chapter 11

 

 

 

THE TASTE OF HER OWN MEDICINE 

 

“You know what? I kinda like Maureen more.”

 

A soft minute of silence dawned upon the Kwon’s household. For the record, it is usual for Taeyeon to barge uninvited but it is indeed unusual for the older Jung to lean on the couch with popcorns in her hands, watching the television on the day of her supposed departure. Jessica eyed her twin by the couch, narrowing her eyes at the bunch of models on the television, silently judging.

 

“What are you doing here? What happened to your anniversary trip with your wife?”

 

Taeyeon plopped another batch of popcorns in before snapping her fingers.

 

“That..” another batch of popcorns.

 

“Is what I am planning to tell you.” She smiled.

 

“What? Hurry I need to go to the office.” Jessica finally stood up from her position when Taeyeon’s face gradually turned into a steely one.

 

“Sit.”

 

“What now!” Jessica whined. The popcorns are now on the floor, the owner has tossed it like the proud tosser that she was.

 

“I am talking to you. Don’t walk out on me. Gosh, we are watching Asia’s Next Top Model and you are sleeping on this models?” Taeyeon asked inquisitively. Her blonde hair now gone and is in the dark shade of brown, making her look like a high end person sitting on the clouds with her money. Which is low-key true. Jessica averted her gaze at the maids by the corner, making eye contact to clean Taeyeon’s mess later.

 

“Yes. I have no interest in them. Why won’t you model for my brand then? Since you like Maureen more?” A teasing snort came out. Taeyeon replied with a scoff, gulping the soda by the table in a flash.

 

“I happen to know Maureen just now. When I opened the TV. I am just merely stating my opinion.” Taeyeon took the liberty to turn off the television, obviously annoyed.

 

“My height will not suffice in the modelling requirements, fyi. How dare you offer a modelling job for me?  I am here because our departure has been dramatically postponed.” Taeyeon’s tone of words are somewhat cheery. The contents of her sentence is supposed to have a sound of mourn, but instead Taeyeon Jung looks rather pleased of the postponement.

 

“Why so?” Jessica sat beside her. A genuine shock plastered in her face in which Taeyeon grinned, satisfied by the effect.

 

“I want to know the gender of the baby.” Taeyeon smiled even wider, the pearly whites glistening making Jessica’s heart to flutter at the sight of happiness.

 

“So you are going on an ultrasound on the day of our birthday then?” Jessica suppressed her voice which is on the verge of crying and squealing.

 

“Yup. I was planning to bring Tiffany to the doctor since she is already past the 12th week of pregnancy, I searched it in the internet by the way and it says that the gender of the baby is identifiable. I consider that as my birthday gift.”

 

“But the question is twinnie, why are you here?” Jessica regained her curiosity on the exact reason why her sister is currently in front of her not her pink wife.

 

“Ah. Donghae the great gay wants to talk. Like right now.” Taeyeon took a tentative glance at her watch.

 

Jessica’s eyebrows knitted. Donghae again? What now?

 

“Why? Taeyeon..please.” Jessica has enough of that name already. It is like a taboo, which is a trigger to the start of a calamity. Not to mention that Yuri is in the company doing god knows what with the re launching of the mall.

 

“Can you just let me finish?”

“Go on. Straight to the point.”

 

“He wants to talk to us. And I stood back from the bubble that he created thinking why would we come to him when he is the one who wants something from us? It is like the very basic form of logic if you will tie the pieces together. So, I asked him to come here himself. Much safer, more privacy, our territory. Besides, if he is planning something, we can throw him to your basement for some torture. And that reason alone justifies my appearance in your humble loft.” Taeyeon inched closer to give Jessica a smile, her eyes dancing at her twin hoping for an agreement. The last thing that she wants is for Donghae to be kicked out of the house without even opening his mouth to deliver his news.

 

“Here? In my house? Donghae?”

 

“Are you deaf?”

 

“What No?! Why here! There are a bazillion restaurants! Not here when Yuri is not around! What will she think of this?!” Jessica’s face grew animated.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you HE IS GAY! AND YOU ARE ALREADY MARRIED! God! We need a surgery to crack your brain to work faster. It is slower than Yuri’s libido. No wonder you match, you both are the ambassadors of slowness.” Taeyeon exploded. Several strands of hair settled on the gaps of her fingers. Jessica remained frozen, she just over reacted.

 

After analyzing the look on Taeyeon’s face, Jessica nodded slowly. Taeyeon stood up, a new stance in her posture, dignified and ready. And as Jessica’s mood came into a loop in a matter of minutes, her puppy eyes became wide at the usual late realization.  Taeyeon knew what has transpired, and she made a run upstairs.

 

“YAH! HOW DARE YOU GIVE YURI THAT BULL MIX!” Jessica yelled, a pair of flats came flying, once again. The maids can only turn their heads with a small smile, of course, the twins are at it again, the least they could do is sit in their quarters and record the bicker of the year.

 

~~

 

Ever since Taeyeon knew about her pregnancy, Tiffany has been a bum.  With nothing to do and nothing to put interest on either. Other than the necessary early morning walk, there is nothing exciting happening. Of course her time with Taeyeon has always been golden but her wife is clearly making her a new Cleopatra. She is not due yet and a normal pregnant lady can still do work, but when you are a wife to Jung Taeyeon, such things do not exist. And so, 8:00 in the morning, after a steaming cup of tea, Tiffany decided to walk home.

 

Her little walking commercial is interrupted when a blast of what seems like a car horn resonated just right beside her. She decided to keep walking, she knew the entities in that car and there is no way she will get on their stupid plan again. But when the girl on the passenger seat of the convertible is finally sitting on top of the seat, eyeing her with curiosity as the Porsche itself is running on Tiffany’s pace. She had no choice but to dart her eyes on Kwon Yoona and Choi Sooyoung. Great.

 

“Get in loser were going shopping.” Sooyoung dropped her shades just below her nose as Yoona erupted into the most animated laugh, clapping her hands as she went down to sit properly.  They have watched too many movies, maybe last night they went with the classics.

 

“Seriously what now?” She hissed trying to sound jovial in front of the people walking beside her.

 

“We are going shopping. Is my sentence too complex for your understanding?” Her cousin flicked her tongue, her other hand already up as a visor as the early morning sun finally came out of the clouds.

 

“At 8:00 AM Sooyoung? Really? No shops is open.” Tiffany mumbled, finally getting inside the car when a teenager recognized Yoona. She is just contributing to the wellbeing of Yuri and Mr. Kwon’s headache, the youngest daughter of the Kwon Corporation and the Choi Industries convincing a pregnant woman to go shopping who happens to be the Tiffany Hwang is very news worthy. Medias are a curse, there shall be no headlines with their names on it. Not today, not ever.

 

“Oh Please. Have you forgotten who are you talking to?” Sooyoung declared. Of course. She owns malls. Tiffany’s brain must be burnt already.

 

“Oh please.” Yoona echoed. The GPS , revealing their destination. Although, Tiffany noticed a black blip in which Yoona is currently maneuvering, swiping and zooming until she is convinced. That is when she averted her eyes on Tiffany on the backseat. Her smile still amazingly unsettling. Tiffany resisted to raise an eyebrow, after all Yoona is a sweet girl.

 

“That black blip is our next pick up.” She grinned.

 

“What?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Oh come on unnie, that black blip is the next loser.”

 

Sweet girl my .

 

Tiffany thought. She lowered her head to lean on the seat. Better yet get some sleep.

 

~~

 

All the way to the other side of the Republic of Korea, the black blip is currently on her cellphone. The coffee in her hands is half full. Her business attire making the pedestrians swoon and her hair is combed into perfection. Framing her small face in an elegant arrangement. As per which, the black blip has no knowledge that she is being traced and tracked by her best friend and her sister in that matter. Kwon Yuri continued to smile sweetly on the phone. Her wife’s early morning banter in regards with the house assault of her twin sister is fascinating.

 

“So where is she now?”

 

“Watching Asia’s Next Top Model. I bet you she will divorce Tiffany and marry Maureen.”

 

“You’re kidding me.”

 

“Yes, I am.  My voice has no joke tone in it so you better identify if I am joking.”

 

“I do.”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Just bought coffee at the shop across the company. I am running low on energy so…yeah.”

 

“You have no assistant to buy it for you?”

 

“Ughh…you fired her.”

 

“Oh. Sorry. Then put Starbucks on the cafeteria then.”

 

“It’s fine. I want to breathe some fresh air, the office is being rowdy with all the ideas coming out. I’ll call you later when I get home. Are you going to the office?”

 

“No. I’m babysitting Taeyeon. And about Donghae…is it okay?”

 

“He is going to talk to you am I right? Sica you don’t have to dig deeper on that topic already. I’m cool with him.”

 

Yuri momentarily stopped in her tracks. A convertible Porsche. The ever familiar plate number. The smiling faces of trouble. She clutched her phone in her hands.

 

“Yuri..are you still there? Hon?”

 

“Yep. I’ll call you later okay. I’m going up now. I love you.”

 

“Okay. Thank you, work hard! Love you too.”

 

When the call ended, she strutted towards the car. Yuri lowered her head on the window, her line of sight on the backseat where Tiffany offered her a small wave and a forced smile. Sooyoung did not offer Yuri any attention as she is busy eating a double patties burger. The fries sprawled on her lap.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Get in second loser were going shopping.” Yoona took the cup of coffee in Yuri’s hands.

 

~~

 

“Your house is enormous Jessica..” Donghae started the conversation awkwardly that is technically a déjà vu of what they had on Greece several years back. Only difference is that there is no way he could run if ever the twins will not like his confession. The house is indeed enormous and he pictured himself being the horse’s carriage as a punishment.

 

“Oh, we are not here to talk about houses. Otherwise you became a broker for real estate now?” Taeyeon sipped on her tea as Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“Donghae. Please?”

 

“Oh right. As you can see, I am not your enemy. I proved it ever since the first saga.” He reached out for the small cake in front of him. Totally a déjà vu.

 

“So, what is the purpose of you coming here?”

 

“You ask me to come in here?” The context has been misunderstood. Taeyeon’s face distorted.

 

“BECAUSE YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO TALK!” Jessica bellowed as Taeyeon’s tea gushed out of . Jessica’s frustration is innate but the impact of the high level frustration is currently exceeding everyone’s expectations.

 

“Pause your talk and please control yourself twinnie. I am going to change.” Taeyeon sighed. Leaving the coffee table with a few curses as she lifts her wet shirt and throwing it to the sofa, leaving Donghae gulping.

 

“Don’t ogle my sister. I thought you’re gay.” Jessic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter